Getting in Shape

Poll: Are you dieting before the wedding?

Hi there! We're polling Knotties for The Knot Live team. Please answer by today at 11 a.m. ET.

Re: Poll: Are you dieting before the wedding?

• "Totally-- I'm going extreme!"

Undecided... 

Really?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_poll-are-you-dieting-before-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8ce31bd6-55b1-482f-b129-8e9e484bc992Post:369285bb-ac21-4a9c-94cd-b0de76726d53">Re: Poll: Are you dieting before the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Totally-- I'm going extreme!" ...  Really?
    Posted by heyjude23[/QUOTE]

lol Jude!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm "dieting" but I am being more aware of my eating habits.  I am also not really getting or staying in shape for my wedding, I'm doing it for me, and because I want to live a long, healthy life with my future husband. 
  • I try to always be more aware of my eating habits.  A diet doesn't work for me but a healthy lifestyle making good food choices and exercising does.  

My answer doesn't really fit into any of the responses so I didn't vote... lol.

Jude are you getting a feeding tube?!?! You should TOTES do it because that's super smart and obviously going to work!!!!!!!  (FTR you don't need this and nor do I think you do either)  
  • I would like to loose a few pounds, just so I can feel really great about myself. I think I would be doing it even if the wedding wasnt coming up. The wedding is just a good motivation tool.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_poll-are-you-dieting-before-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:8ce31bd6-55b1-482f-b129-8e9e484bc992Post:400e8b96-f4dd-458f-acf9-0a2a803df090">Re: Poll: Are you dieting before the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jude are you getting a feeding tube?!?! You should TOTES do it because that's super smart and obviously going to work!!!!!!!  (FTR you don't need this and nor do I think you do either)  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>Hahaha lbarr I loved that you felt the need to clarify I shouldn't use a feeding tube.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Medi is much more polite than I am today. So I ditto her. </div><div>
    </div><div>But seriously TK magazine/tv/whatever this is for, it really grinds my gears that women get bombarded with this cultural message to "ZOMG LOSE ALL YOUR WEIGHT FOR THE WEDDING OR ELSE THE DAY WON'T BE PERFECT" and "you want to look good for your groom, right?"
    Because this message is never directed towards grooms (not saying it should be). \<em>steps down from feminist soapbox for the afternoon.</em></div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • jude - thank you for saying everything that my feminist self is thinking. :)

how about the option of "I try to eat a clean and balanced diet which I see as a lifestyle choice, not a "diet".  I intend to do so for the rest of my life regardless of my wedding date." ?
  • I just want to be in better shape than I am today.  That has nothing to do with my upcoming wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I agree Jude.  I voted for the moderation choice, but really, it's not about dieting to me.  Like PPs said, it's about trying to eat healthy and make healthy habits for life.  Yep, my wedding dress fit is a motivator, but I want to keep it up after the wedding too.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I voted no.  I don't diet.  I eat healthy and workout - and it has nothing to do with my upcoming wedding.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be dieting for the next year and a half, i would like to be down 15-20 lbs.   However my motivation prob will not kick in until next summer, the season before my wedding.  I do better when I am under pressure haha.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • I picked the moderation choice because it is so hard for me to "diet".  I try to keep handle on what I eat because I hate to exercise.  Knowing me though I will probably make a last minute ditch effort to lose a few extra pounds right before the ceremony.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_poll-are-you-dieting-before-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:8ce31bd6-55b1-482f-b129-8e9e484bc992Post:66274923-b1a8-49d4-8c78-3703c370767b">Poll: Are you dieting before the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! We're polling Knotties for The Knot Live team. Please answer by today at 11 a.m. ET.
    Posted by Knot Michelle[/QUOTE]

I would love to diet, before the weddding, now, after. sadly i have little self control & the stress I am currently under makes me crave junk food by the ton...
    Lucky for me, my fiance loves me no matter what!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards