Nevada-Las Vegas

3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG!

Mandalay Bay- A+

The hotel and resort was awesome! We used the Media Suite for our meet and greet on Friday night and it held everyone perfectly…their little set up even made it feel like there was a bar where people could “order” their drinks. Also, my girls and I all got dressed and took some pictures in the room on Saturday and it was amazing…the view was breathtaking (especially at night). There is not much else to say about them other than that I completely recommend having meet and greets/in-suite reception in one of their rooms!

Mandalay Bay Wedding Chapel- A++

I LOVED this chapel from the minute I stepped into it. The whole room is classy and elegant. We used the platinum chapel (we had a fairly large wedding of 120 people) and it fit everyone perfectly, with our wedding party standing in front (that totaled 18 of us haha). They played the right music on time and it was just a beautiful ceremony. The minister we used was Adam and he was a real delight, he was personable and really made it feel like he knew us during the ceremony. The whole ceremony was about 15 minutes which was PERFECT for us because we did not want a long one…they really have those things timed to the T J My wedding coordinator was Jaime and she was AWESOME! She was very attentive and answered all my “urgent” questions haha.

House of Blues Foundation Room and Patio- A++++

I cannot say enough good things about the FR and patio! The view was great (especially at night!!) and it was a party from start to finish! The room is cozy and very luxurious, the patio offers a chance to get some fresh air and get a few more drinks! I had so much fun and I think everyone else did too (we got the “it’s the best wedding I have ever been to” many times…haha). The space fit 120 perfectly and it did not feel crowded at all, any more though and it would feel tight. The dance floor was right in the middle so it was fun to take a break but still get to watch everyone having a fantastic time. The food was also A-MAZING. We had mac-and-cheese (because I am still 12 and its deliciousss!) and some carving stations and everything was fabulous!!! Everyone ate to their hearts content and they kept the food out for people to nibble most of the night!!

DJ Godzilla- A++++++

He did an AWESOME job. I did not hear ANY complaints from any of the guests and more than a handful came up to me and told me what a great job he did. He really kept to the schedule that we had given him and played an awesome variety of music. He was set up on time and he stayed until the nitty gritty end (although nobody wanted to stop dancing haha). He also MC’ed a bit for us and did a great job! I would completely recommend him to anyone…his price can’t be beat and he is a genuinely NICE guy!!

Viva Las Cake Pops (also retro bakery)- A++

UH---yum. The cake pops were so good…I mean amazing. We ordered about 200 for our display which we wanted to look like a wedding cake (with a topper of a retro bakery small round) and Jackie at Viva did a fabulous job at making it look just like the pictures that I had sent her. The flavors we got were red velvet (yum), confetti cake (uhhhh yum), and chocolate which I never got to taste but heard it was good!! The pops were moist and delicious and just beautiful. At the end of the night we had extras and so I literally took the display apart and carried it back to our room with me and me and the hubs ate them the next day (there were so many I finally threw them out or I would be the size of a hot air balloon!!).

Desert Glamour (Hair and Makeup)-A+

I had never seen any reviews for this company when I booked them but their prices were unreal so I had to! Whitney and her team did an amazing job!! My hair and makeup was beautiful and after I had my trial and wrote her an email with everything I want a little different she listened and kept pictures and notes, it was awesome! She was ahead of schedule too so most of my girls were done quickly but efficiently! She uses the air brush makeup which is a dream and then all of our hair kept for the whole night! I would totally recommend them to anyone looking to get in room, airbrush makeup and their hair done (the price is what won me over haha)

**This is horrible but we had a photobooth and for the life of me I cannot remember who it was right now!!! Once I get the name I will update!! The photobooth was awesome though and I recommend it to EVERYONE! I do not think that thing was empty at all that night!! The guests had fun and we got an amazing scrap book that is absolutely adorable!! The price was great and the attendants were fabulous! I will update as soon as I can go home and look up their name!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG!

• Yay welcome back! I have been wondering how it went! How was the view from the patio?
  • I have Jaimie too. She rocks but won't be working on my wedding day :
  • The view was awesomeeeee, once I look through my pics I will PM you with some!!! You are going to LOVE IT!!!

• Congratualtions!!!!! It sounds like you had an amazing day!
    Can't wait to see some pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats Sarah!! Sounds like everything was just amazing!  I can't wait to see some pics!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Awesome! We are going to have around 70 people. Hopefully that amount can mingle ok on the patio? Can't wait to see pics!
  • congrats! sounds like everything went smoothly :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to hear everything was perfect! Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAY!  Congrats to you both!

Thanks for the reviews of MB, Godzilla, and Viva - the vendors we're sharing :)  Jackie at Viva has been so awesome to work with!  I can't wait to taste the pops!!!  We'll only have about 5 extras - I was worried about having more than 10 (cuz I'd eat them all) so I took our numbers down ;)
  • AWESOME reviews!  So glad to hear of a good MB experience...hope that bodes well for my upcoming nuptuals too!

As a side note, does anyone else squee when seeing a Reviews post hit the boards?  And we're getting back into wedding season again so hopefully a lot fo us will have reviews to share!
  • SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Awesome reviews!  My FI and I are going to tour the Foundation Room in April on our scouting trip.  We will probably have around 100 people and I was worried that it would be too tight for dancing, but it sounds perfect.  I really cannot wait to check it out now.

A couple of questions, if you don't mind me asking...  Did you have "assigned" tables with the carving stations, or did you let people sit wherever they wanted? Were the tables large round tables, or smaller 4 person restaurant tables?  Also, how many different stations did you have for 120 people? 

Sorry to bombard you with questions, I'm just excited to see FR reviews!

Can't wait to see some pictures, if you don't mind sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_3-10-12-wedding-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:022292cc-cf2a-47f8-af0c-6a2fb2a0b925Post:55bf5dc0-c2ee-48e3-ab2d-21cca87d4fb7">Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AWESOME reviews!  So glad to hear of a good MB experience...hope that bodes well for my upcoming nuptuals too!<strong> As a side note, does anyone else squee when seeing a Reviews post hit the boards?  </strong>And we're getting back into wedding season again so hopefully a lot fo us will have reviews to share!
    Posted by lsvensson[/QUOTE]

I squee, too :)  I was nervous after some of Camille's reviews (namely, Godzilla)... so it's always good to hear reviews of the vendors we've picked!  :)

We definitely had a lull there for awhile.  It's gunna be crazy by next month!
  • I actually talked to DJ Godzilla about that specific review and although I was not there so I can not account for everything, he did calm my nerves quite a bit. He explained what happened and how he has taken strides to make sure it doesnt happen again in the future...I would breathe easy if you booked him, he really does know what he is doing (HOB actually brought him on as one of their DJ's in their rotation he got so many compliments on our wedding night).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_3-10-12-wedding-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:022292cc-cf2a-47f8-af0c-6a2fb2a0b925Post:23ad4f3f-42c9-46b3-a7ea-04216385721c">Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG! : I squee, too :)  I was nervous after some of Camille's reviews (namely, Godzilla)... so it's always good to hear reviews of the vendors we've picked!  :) We definitely had a lull there for awhile.  It's gunna be crazy by next month!
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

Did she post a formal review thread or was it just something mentioned in a thread?  I can't find whatever was posted.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Nice reviews and congrats to you both again!  Like PPs looking forward to some pics, lol!
  • Congratulations and thank you for the great reviews!

Yes I also get so excited to see reviews post hit the board, always makes so happy!
  • CONGRATS MRS!

you have me thinking twice about Godzilla...  I still haven't picked a DJ (heehee last loose end!) and I was going to contact him before "THE review"... I mean, I can hire a house DJ that works at Palms but GZs price point is so sweet.... *rethinking*
  • Thanks for the link; got it.

• I booked Dj Godzilla and I am confident. So many good reviews. No matter what you can't please everyone and every now and then....there will be a bad review. He has been great to work with so far let's just hope no country music gets played at my wedding....not a fan!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_3-10-12-wedding-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:022292cc-cf2a-47f8-af0c-6a2fb2a0b925Post:5b5ccf94-c49c-4026-a409-90a3d839e41d">Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually talked to DJ Godzilla about that specific review and although I was not there so I can not account for everything, he did calm my nerves quite a bit. He explained what happened and how he has taken strides to make sure it doesnt happen again in the future...I would breathe easy if you booked him, he really does know what he is doing (HOB actually brought him on as one of their DJ's in their rotation he got so many compliments on our wedding night).
    Posted by smurdock1[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that!!!

Yes, he's been awesome to work with so far (we've been emailing this week, in fact), and I was rather sure it was just a fluke.  It helps to get yet another great review for him though :)

(Sometimes you also have to keep in mind the person writing the reviews... ahem.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_3-10-12-wedding-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:022292cc-cf2a-47f8-af0c-6a2fb2a0b925Post:18d4fb2d-1f23-40ef-8a4c-526e05ca24cc">Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG!</a>:
    [QUOTE] (Sometimes you also have to keep in mind the person writing the reviews... ahem.)
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

That had popped into my mind when she managed to also have less than ideal experiences with several other vendors who most people love; some of the criticisms seemed petty like Todd only gave us 1600 pictures instead of 2500... really?

• Congrats, sounds like everything was amazing!!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited March 2012
    Congratulations!  It sounds like everything went wonderfully! 

I am soooooo happy to read that about Whitney at Desert Glamour!  I booked her for me and my two bridesmaids.  As with you, her prices can't be beat.  I did find myself doubting a little, since the prices were so great, but I'm so thrilled to read she and her team did a great job!   Please post pics!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_3-10-12-wedding-reviews-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:022292cc-cf2a-47f8-af0c-6a2fb2a0b925Post:6fb58933-dd73-453e-9e55-79ddc0ca45e0">Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3-10-12 Wedding Reviews!! LONG! : Bingo. The reviews were just... shrieky. I got the feeling nothing would have made her happy that day. Todd could have framed the pictures in diamonds, and they would have been the wrong carat.
    Posted by burntofferings[/QUOTE]

I LOL'd!!

Sorry for distracting from your review thread, S!  Super excited again for you both :) :)
  • Congratulations!!! Sounds like you guys had a great time! Thanks so much for the reviews. Woot woot! 
    A work in progress: MY PLANNING BIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards