Just Engaged and Proposals

Pentecostal engagement ring

My girlfriend belongs to a United Pentecostal congregation.  She doesn't wear makeup and doesn't cut her hair.  Should I also be cautious about spending too much on a ring?  All of her ideas that she has sent me were $150 or less.  I was thinking of spending $500-$1000 or the set.  I know she'll like anything I get her.

Re: Pentecostal engagement ring

• I don't know a lot about that religion but it sounds like she doesn't want to draw too much attention to herself. I would honour her wishes regarding the size of a stone. If you're really wanting to spend more than the ones she sent you, I'd go for a better quality stone (ie. colour, clarity) and more expensive metal (ie. gold or platinum). 
    Anniversary
  • The ring n my pic was 199. Get her a ring she will be comfortable with because it is not a reflection of your abilities as a provider, it is a symbol of love and devotion. Price shouldn't matter. Mine was cheap as it is my family's birthstones which also happened to be my favorite colors because I didn't want diamonds. Put the extra money into a photographer or food at the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Take her ring shopping with you! That way she can help you choose and you know that she will like it!

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • She may just want a simple ring. My ring was $395 (on sale from 800) but I wanted something small and simple. Not because we didn't have the money, but because I wanted something that i knew was not going to cause havoc on my life. I am not the ring type, it actually took a while to get used to wearing my e-ring. I wanted a simple flat setting so i could perform my job with ease.
    If she is showing you ideas, and knows you plan on proposing... why not take her shopping with you?

The other thought i had... was maybe she is afraid of asking for something that costs too much. So again... taking her shopping may show a better idea of what really makes her ooohhhh and awwwww without being able to see the price right away.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards