Montana

Billings, MT wedding..

Well it does appear these boards are pretty slow but expectedly so in a smaller area! I am planning a late summer 2010 wedding. I just got engaged about 2 weeks ago. I already have a lot of planning done though! I've narrowed down most of my choices for DJ, photog, florist, reception hall, and a lot of the decorations i've chosen. I'm actually planning on getting a bunch of stuff on The Knot as there are some awesome decorations and I love the checklist. I am dumbfounded for a ceremony site though. I want something inside not outside. The Depot is an option but it seems like thats where everyone is getting married. Any one have any new ideas? Perfect Place is out of business. We've thought about a church but seems like a lot of hoops to jump through with all of the classes that need to be taken. Any other ideas/suggestions/advise on anything else would be great also!!Thanks!

Re: Billings, MT wedding..

• b-rookeb-rooke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    moss mansion
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jb111886jb111886 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married the end of August at the Depot, and it was wonderful. We had a small wedding, with 65 guests and had the ceremony and reception in the baggage room. Jim at Let's Party on Grand Ave helps plan weddings, for no fee (except of course what you buy from him), he did an absolutely wonderful job. I would suggest going in to see him as he would have many ideas for you... Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    You can always get married inside the moss. I am getting married outside of there. The depot is extremely expensive for a ceremony it is $850. Have you thought of getting married in a hotel? The Holiday has a beautiful attirium there with a waterfall behind it.
  • edited December 2011
    The Holiday is a great place jsut amke sure since you are having your reception there than the atrium should be free. For the atrium i would just decorate up the ailse with silk flowers that you can bring to the receptioin room. I have seen ceremonies there where they bring tall candle holders with candles lite around where the bride and groom stand. also that will have a arbor type you can stand under and you can decorate that as well. I'm sure you will think of some great ideas for decorating. ask your girl at the holiday if she has pictures of prevoius weddings and maybe get some nice wedding books.  
  • edited December 2011
    hmmmmmm on the lights part. I'm not sure on how to do that park. Are you talking for the artium or the reception room? Oh do you have a theme for the reception? If so i can help you think of some ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    Natalie, I was wondering if you don't mind how much does it cost to rent out the Holiday Inn and the reception area. I have just started planning and I really am completely lost, but I heard that the first thing that I need to do is get a ceremony and recption site booked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sara
  • edited December 2011

So I just got engaged last night but I know that I really want an outdoor wedding. Suggestions for places in Billings?

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! For an outside ceremony, you can have it as the Moss mansion. Its gorgeous there and the arch is so pretty. The reception inside however would have to be very small as they can't fit many people inside like 50 ppl.. (and it isn't very pretty inside in my opinion, it feels like a house)
    The Zoo is a great site for outside ceremony also, very pretty garden area. I believe if you go to their website they have some pictures of the garden area that the ceremony would take place at. You can also have the reception there also, but I think they have a lot of restrictions about noise and time limits. Its also probably pricey to rent all the tents. If you want your reception at a hotel, the Billings Hotel & Convetion Center has an outside ceremony area but I haven't seen it. I think their package is $1500 with the outside ceremony and indoor reception room (not including food). I've found the cheapest options to be at a hotel where they include all the linens, and most of the decor that way you aren't renting everything piece by piece. Somewhere In Time (aka Chanceys) is out in Huntley and also very pretty, a little of a drive, but only about 15-20 minutes. They are gorgeous inside for the reception and can have the ceremony outside. They are very expensive though, and is another place you have to rent everything (plates, linens, etc) If I remember correctly I think it was like 2000-3000 just for the room not including any rentals or decor.
    What month are you thinking of getting married in? I know it seems soon, but the sooner you find a place the better. Everything else you can take a little slower, but I hauled butt to find and reserve the place first since that is top priority.
  • edited December 2011
    Oscar's park as a nice reception site.  There you can have acess to a small riverfront site and they also have a building for the recpetion if the weather turns bad.  I realy like that place but it was booked the weekend i wanted it.
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked Oscars, it is so beautiful out there and so many options which is what I like and you can bring whatever and do whatever.  Great place that holds alot of people.
  • ras26ras26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged two weeks ago and was looking for either Red Lodge or Billings outside in August.  Just to save you the time, the Zoo is already booked every Saturday through the summer (2010).  I'm not sure about others.  I was lucky to get the only summer cancellation at Rock Creek Resort in Red Lodge, and it happened to be the weekend I wanted. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Rocky Mountain College has a BEAUTIFUL building/site.  It is called Prescott Hall, its right above the admissions.  I do believe that you do not even have to be apart of the "rocky family."  I do not know how much it is, but it already comes decorated if you don't want to, or you can, i don't think that they'd care.  Or there's always the sub that you could decorate really beautiful if you wanted to. 

• edited December 2011
    Can someone tell me how much Oscar's Cost? What about Rentals? do they have chairs and tables? What about Alcohol?
  • edited December 2011
    MT Girl: I'm not sure what they cost, you may want to try posting this in a new post on this board because this one is awfully old. I know a few of the girls here used/are using Oscars
  • edited December 2011
    We are paying 900 for a Saturday from 8am - 2am.  The entire weekend is 1800.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards