Getting in Shape

Fibro/Asthma

Do any of you ladies have fibro or asthma? I'm curious what your favorite cardio work outs are! I've been able to find some things I can tolerate- LOVE the stair climber, but I need to change things up in my workout and I feel stuck. I can't think of much that doesn't hurt my joints and  isn't too fast, I can't run or anything similar because I have a hard time breathing. I just recently got diagnosed with asthma so I'm still learning how to work with it and challenge myself.

What I've been able to do: yoga, pilates, fast walk w/ incline intervals, weight lifting, sometimes zumba

What didn't work: spinning (BIG bummer), running

Re: Fibro/Asthma

• I have asthma. It seems that when I am out of shape, my lungs are too. I find that after working out more regularly, my lungs don't act up as much. I agree that you have to condition them, and know what will set them off and when to stop.

Something I noticed recently, and it was scary!!! I was working out really hard, and my heart rate was high. I took my inhaler and it made me feel sooo much worse, since my inhalers are basically adrenaline, it made my heart rate higher. Just be careful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards