Vermont

Marriage License in Stowe

Hi, I'm getting married in Stowe, but I live in Michigan.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get a marriage license in Stowe?  They say no waiting period, but can you get one the same day you apply, or is there a wait?  Thanks!

Re: Marriage License in Stowe

• edited December 2011
    My understanding is that you get the licence in hand same day. If you don't live in Vermont I think the licence has to be from the same town as you are getting married in.  The cost is $45 dollars, bring your birth certificates and if you have ever been married before you'll need proof of the marriages and divorces.
  • carrollicarrolli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also under the impression that you must get your license where you will be married.  : )

Carole
  • VTBride10VTBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "If neither party is a Vermont resident, you may get the license from any town clerk in the state."  http://www.ci.burlington.vt.us/ct/vitalrecords/marriage/

We got ours in Burlington - only took about 20 minutes and the only ID we brought was our drivers licenses.
  • edited December 2011
    You can get the marriage license from anywhere in the state, with just your driver's licenses.  Tip: small towns tend to have town clerks that are much easier to navigate and they don't even bat an eye over residency. It took us about 10 minutes to fill everything out and get our license in hand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards