Military Brides

Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?

Hey guys,
What's going on today?

Confession: I probably can no longer fit into my wedding dress. I have totally gained at least 5 lbs and I don't really give a shitt. But, I for sure need to cool it before I gain more.

Rant: (TK Related)  It really gets on my nerves when someone says "I'm kind of new" when they are, in fact, new. No "kind of" about it. Also, the "I kind of lurk here, but..." is annoying, too.

Weekend plans: Tonight I am going to a food truck festival, tomorrow is H's classmate's birthday party, then H goes to poker night with the boys, so I will probably be KUI.

Sunday: Superbowl... duhhhh. But we will be at home, and I will be making burgers and fries for H.

Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?

• Confession: My E ring is CZ, and I love it! 

Rant: I'm so sick of my boss and her BS.  At the end of almost everyday I want to walk into her office and say "Yeeeaahhh, I'm not coming in tomorrow, or ever again for that matter".   I really can't wait until I get my phlebotomy license, so I can leave that place for good.

Weekend plans: going to costco on Saturday for all of the pre superbowl samples.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: I'm torn between wanting to lose weight for the wedding so I look great, and not wanting to lose weight because my dress fits perfectly now and I don't want to have to pay for it to be altered.

Rant: The CEO of my company is coming next week, and I'm afraid things will be a lot harder afterwards.  I have to find a way to survive next week, then I get 2 weeks reprieve for jury duty, then I have 9 weeks left!

Weekend plans:  Tonight is a friend's going away party.  Tomorrow I'm going to go to Sam's Club early as I have a business membership and I don't want deal with the crowds.  FI has class all day tomorrow, so I'll be using the time to hang out with my puppy and then prepping for the Super Bowl spread!

Sunday: Food prep!  And laundry.

Anniversary

• Confession- I am trying to do as little as possible today at work as I woke up thinking it was Saturday this morning so I am just going with it. 

Rant- Who the hell has a yard/estate sale on Friday morning?  There were all of these cars parked every where including right behind my drive way.  I had to drive over my grass to get out of my drive way.  ANNOYING and on top of it I was running late and could not ask them to move. 

Plans- I have a surprise party to attend tomorrow for a friend and then school work (story of my life) however I will be done in March!! YIPEE
  • Confession: I will most likely NOT watch the Superbowl on Sunday. Rant: FI still hasn't given me addresses for his friends. And I think Happy New Year cards with STDs in them are going to look stupid in February. Weekend plans: FI has overnight drill so I will be house/dog sitting for him. No huge plans otherwise!
    Photobucket
  • Spiffy- FI never gave me some of his buddies' addresses for the STDs, so they never received any. He better get their addresses within the next 3 1/2 weeks before invites go out, or they won't be receiving those either...

Confession- I really actually enjoyed having the house to myself the last 4 1/2 weeks. Obviously I'm excited that FI is coming home tomorrow. But I really was not miserable at all with him gone.

Rant- I am still sick! I don't wanna be sick anymore! I would like to be able to breathe, to sleep through the whole night, and to not feel exhausted out of my mind at all times. My nose is red and peeling. And of course, FI is coming home tomorrow, so I will look real nice (not). So much for "welcome home" fun time...

Weekend Plans- Just being sick and hanging out with FI.
  • Rant: I just found out that Adam Lambert is the new front man for Queen.

Queen is my all time favorite band. I guess I "get" why he would be the new front man, but I don't like it. I feel like it will ruin the band. I went to see Queen a few years ago when Paul Rodgers (Bad Company) was their frontman for the tour, and he did a great job, but he's been around forever, and they just seem to be at the same speed, if that makes sense.

I guess I feel like Adam Lambert is no where near as experienced as Brian May and the rest of the band. Also, I feel like they're trying to give the band a young feel, and that's so not the direction they should be going.

IDK, this really, literally upset and dissapointed me.

Ha ha, ummm, does anyone even know this band? I'm totally aging myself here :)
  • Will you do the Fang Dango? 

Ok seriously that is that like replacing Jon Bon Jovi in Bon Jovi or Brett Michaels in Posion.  IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE DONE!!!!!! There is one and only Queen and that is with Freddie Mercury...end story!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:a0713008-4293-415e-a218-3203551b27fc">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will you do the Fang Dango?  Ok seriously that is that like replacing Jon Bon Jovi in Bon Jovi or Brett Michaels in Posion.  IT JUST SHOULD NOT BE DONE!!!!!! There is one and only Queen and that is with Freddie Mercury...end story!
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU. And they say they're not trying to replace Freddie, but come on. Adam is totally Freddie like. Paul Rodgers was not Freddie like, and him fronting the band was truly tribute like.
  • I am all for tribute but I hate when they start messing around with my bands.  :)  Kind of like my movies.  HAAA
  • Confession: I cried at work today.
    Rant: Some biitch made me cry at work today!
    Weekend Plans: Homework & Superbowl..

In my defense.. they were tears of frustration & anger.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:7f390554-f3f6-4b76-ba3a-811c241c6f3b">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I cried at work today. Rant: Some biitch made me cry at work today! Weekend Plans: Homework & Superbowl.. In my defense.. they were tears of frustration & anger.
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Whyyyyyyy!?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:7f390554-f3f6-4b76-ba3a-811c241c6f3b">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I cried at work today. Rant: Some biitch made me cry at work today! Weekend Plans: Homework & Superbowl.. In my defense.. they were tears of frustration & anger.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WTF is that person's problem?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:a0713008-4293-415e-a218-3203551b27fc">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will you do the Fang Dango?

Not if Adam is asking, no. ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:78b42e86-77d9-4781-aa76-b2121717bf09">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans? : Not if Adam is asking, no. ;)
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

HAAA I know right?!?
  • edited February 2012

CAB- and to me he is more Cure than Queen! I am just saying!

• Confession: I haven't been productive at work lately.

Rant: my labmate's cat went missing last night. I told her he would probably turn up and said all the things you're supposed to say. Then she got a call after lunch that he was hit by a car and killed. I had to pick him up because that's something no pet owner should have to see, and (here's the rant) her roommate was worthless. I think this girl was just too grossed out to pick up the cat when she found him in the first place. Instead she just called the roommate and told her the cat was dead. And stood there when I picked up the cat. And didn't say anything comforting to her poor roommate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cal I was told not to lose any weight (which thank to being sick I lost like 4 lbs or so) because my dress fits perfect. I have not worked out or anything. I'm so lazy.

Confession: I'm about to just break down from everything. I'm gonna call a new therapist and double check my insurance is accepted and everything. I just don't get it. School's going fine. I don't love my classes but that's ok for now. FI is here the wedding's soon...why can't I be happy?!?
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:d2509610-25ab-4f77-a084-33739d6a800b">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I haven't been productive at work lately. Rant: my labmate's cat went missing last night. I told her he would probably turn up and said all the things you're supposed to say. Then she got a call after lunch that he was hit by a car and killed. I had to pick him up because that's something no pet owner should have to see, and (here's the rant) her roommate was worthless. I think this girl was just too grossed out to pick up the cat when she found him in the first place. Instead she just called the roommate and told her the cat was dead. And stood there when I picked up the cat. And didn't say anything comforting to her poor roommate.
    Posted by LOLways[/QUOTE]

This makes me want to cry. Actually I am now tearing up :'(
  • Adam Lambert for Queen?? Eeek. No thanks! Confession: I would like to go home now. I've had a busy week, good thing it's pay day. Its also unfair that H is at the mall while I've got work for another 3 1/2 hours!! We have no weekend plans yet. We might go to a BBQ for Superbowl though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:d2509610-25ab-4f77-a084-33739d6a800b">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I haven't been productive at work lately. Rant: my labmate's cat went missing last night. I told her he would probably turn up and said all the things you're supposed to say. Then she got a call after lunch that he was hit by a car and killed. I had to pick him up because that's something no pet owner should have to see, and (here's the rant) her roommate was worthless. I think this girl was just too grossed out to pick up the cat when she found him in the first place. Instead she just called the roommate and told her the cat was dead. And stood there when I picked up the cat. And didn't say anything comforting to her poor roommate.
    Oh my god that is so sad. I cry even thinking about having to put my old cat down this year :( My parent's oldest cat has cancer the vet thinks and she's not doing well at all. She's gonna have to get put down soon and I cried saying goodbye to her. She was on my bed at my parent's and followed me downstairs :'(
  • Haha.. it's really stupid now, but basically she came in last night and I explained how our pricing procedure works.  If you join on your first visit, we'll give you half off the service fee which is $75, so you can join for $37.50 + the first month of $34 which would be a total of $71.50.  That offer is only good for the first visit.. after that you pay $75 +$34 for $109.. This lady also had a free month so all she would pay would be the $37.50 and we wouldn't charge her until March... Confusing? maybe a little but rather than ask me any questions (even after I specifically said "Do you have any questions?") she set an appointment for a work out and she left.  Then she calls this morning, probably thinking that someone else would be working, to say that she couldn't afford to pay to use her free month.  I tried to explain to her, that I was just telling her what her options were, and that I never said she had to pay to use her free month.  Then she called me unprofessional and a liar.  That's when I very calmly walked to the back of the gym, told her that I was sorry if I was in any way unclear, asked if she would like to keep her appointment (she said yes), and I told her to have a great day. Then I was just frustrated because I lost out on a sale (i'm sure she won't go through me if/when she decides to join) and pissed off that she called me a liar.  I called my boss cause I was worried that I cost us a new member and my boss called her and actually informed her that she would not tolerate anyone being disrespectful towards her staff.  I'm totally over it now, but I don't like for anyone to make me feel stupid and I don't like for people to call me a liar.  I'm glad that my boss has my back though.. that's always nice!
    Photobucket
  • Binx and Zimsgirl- I know... I'm a cat person too, which is why when this girl started crying on the phone I knew exactly what had happened. I've been able to be kind of numb to it so far, because someone had to take charge of the situation... but once I get home tonight and see my own little fuzzy babies, I'll probably lose it:(:(

Other people in our lab don't get pet people and said things like, "That's ok! Just get another cat!".... They mean well by trying to say something that they think is comforting, but they just don't know how it feels:/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Confession: I'm really iffy on the "slim fit" jeans that FI is wearing today.

Rant: OH MY GOODNESS. My best friend's absentmindedness is really starting to wear on me. I understand people can be forgetful and clumsy at times...but seriously...this has just been one thing after another. There's only so much I can do to help too, so I feel bad, but now I'm just really freaking frustrated. Sigh, I just hate to think what she's gonna be like when she gets out of college. She can't even remember to pay her rent/bills on time or realize that you can't put dishwasher liquid in the dishwasher unless she wants a bubble party in the kitchen. BLAH. I really hope this is just a phase.

Plans: Well, I'll probably be at home all weekend since FI has drill. Idk yet about the superbowl.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:b8f2822f-9635-4803-a78f-4f6326822352">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Binx and Zimsgirl- I know... I'm a cat person too, which is why when this girl started crying on the phone I knew exactly what had happened. I've been able to be kind of numb to it so far, because someone had to take charge of the situation... but once I get home tonight and see my own little fuzzy babies, I'll probably lose it:(:( Other people in our lab don't get pet people and said things like, "That's ok! Just get another cat!".... They mean well by trying to say something that they think is comforting, but they just don't know how it feels:/
    You definitely can't replace a cat.<div>
    </div><div>Another random rant: I hate when people hate on David Tutera. People on my month board do and it really irritates me. I freaking love him and it may be bothering me more today because I'm pmsing and irritable but who knows</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:b8f2822f-9635-4803-a78f-4f6326822352">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Binx and Zimsgirl- I know... I'm a cat person too, which is why when this girl started crying on the phone I knew exactly what had happened. I've been able to be kind of numb to it so far, because someone had to take charge of the situation... but once I get home tonight and see my own little fuzzy babies, I'll probably lose it:(:( Other people in our lab don't get pet people and said things like, "That's ok! Just get another cat!".... They mean well by trying to say something that they think is comforting, but they just don't know how it feels:/

After my Binxy's time on Earth is over, I don't plan on getting another cat. I'm not even a "cat person" per se, he was just a cute little irresistable furball kitten. And now we've grown really close (he follows me everywhere). I don't think I'd find a bond like that with another cat. Pets cannot be replaced.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:955646f0-e67c-4b22-94a1-9161605e45cf">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans? : After my Binxy's time on Earth is over, I don't plan on getting another cat. I'm not even a "cat person" per se, he was just a cute little irresistable furball kitten. And now we've grown really close (he follows me everywhere). I don't think I'd find a bond like that with another cat. Pets cannot be replaced.
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]
    Aww that's really sweet. My kitten is like attached to my hip when I'm home. She's defintiely a people person. I'll get up in the morning and go to the bathroom and if she doesn't follow me in she sits outside the door meowing and sticking her paws under haha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:3a938eca-5bc8-4b50-8ce9-a3d5bc5e106b">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]CAB- and to me he is more Cure than Queen! I am just saying!

Ha ha! YES. But, he better not try that, either. He is also nobody's Robert Smith.

You know what band he SHOULD be in?

...HIS OWN DAMN BAND.
  • Zim & Binx.. Me and Theo are the same way.. He's my baby.. I might just go snuggle with him right now!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:38523eca-296d-4566-83cd-2d45a2698672">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Zim & Binx.. Me and Theo are the same way.. He's my baby.. I might just go snuggle with him right now!
    I'm snuggling with mine :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-rants-weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e1cd4752-b9e9-4b3d-8e24-714bc9608fffPost:955646f0-e67c-4b22-94a1-9161605e45cf">Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? Rants? Weekend plans? : After my Binxy's time on Earth is over, I don't plan on getting another cat. I'm not even a "cat person" per se, he was just a cute little irresistable furball kitten. And now we've grown really close (he follows me everywhere). I don't think I'd find a bond like that with another cat. Pets cannot be replaced.
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one, I haven't gotten a cat since I lost my first one a long time ago.  He was the same way and would follow me around like a puppy. Even now after I lost my dog this past year I've really thought long and hard about whether or not I want another dog. I had Shilo for 11 years and well we grew up together...that's not something that I can recreate with any other pet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards