Not Engaged Yet

Updates: Big Raise, Official Venue Change, Scary Surgery

Hi Ladies,

I know, I know...I'm not around nearly enough anymore. I miss you...but I have exciting news!!

Job:
I've finally been offered a full-time job at the University I have been temping at since this summer. I'll be doing the exact same job, but making 60% more. Woot woot! AND have benefits...I can finally get PT for my knee!! Benefits are priceless...seriously.

Wedding:
I know I have mentioned here and there, but Andrew and I have officially changed our venue and put down a deposit.
We will be having our wedding in Saratoga- the same city that Andrew started his wine career in. We'll be partying at the Saratoga Foothill Club on October 13th, 2012:
http://www.saratogafoothillclub.com/

The package comes with catering, a cake, all linens and a DJ. Oh- AND NO CORKAGE FEES. We can bring in as much wine and beer as we want! We are SOOO excited to come up with a wine list that is meaningful to our relationship and freaking delicious!

We wont have any tables in the center of the room so that people can party and dance. Isn't that round window amazing? I also like this purple, but with the wooden chairs from above, not the covers and sashes.

Family:
My dad is having his colon removed on February 8th. Looking at my work schedule and my parent's opinions- it has been decided that I will stay here in Colorado and fly back if needed.

My dad has a history of blood clots in his lungs- so next week they will be installing some filters into his main arteries (this scared me A LOT until Liv told me she had the same procedure done before her surgeries.). I'm still nervous about the clots though...He told me a couple weekends, "I was lucky once- I won't be lucky again." One pulmonary embolism and he could be gone...gone before I could say goodbye. Gawd...I hate thinking about it.

We are having a Career Fair on campus that day...which I suppose is good and bad. Good that it keeps my mind off it...Bad that I'll probably be functioning at 50% capacity at best.

A couple weekends ago I totally lost it...I don't think I have ever cried so hard in my life- and my mom has even had the exact same surgery, but she doesn't have to worry about pulmonary embolisms...

When I think about it...it makes me feel like the breath is being sucked out of me.
But here is the silver lining...BOTH Andrew and Liv offered to fly me out to see me dad for the surgery, because I couldn't afford it. I'm SO lucky to have so many people in my life that love me. :)

Other Updates:
- I want my wedding dress to come in, darnnit!
- I'm going to have Chipotle for lunch

Anyone else have any updates that they have been holding onto for awhile?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Updates: Big Raise, Official Venue Change, Scary Surgery

• That is AWESOME about the job and the venue. That  place looks amazing!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. *Hugs* I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know it's hard to do but try to stay positive.

• Congrats on the job and your venue looks gorgeous, can I lurk from the bushes and vines?

I'm sorry to hear about your dad but I am glad that he is getting the help he needs.  Nothing big on my end just ordinary life.
  • No, no big updates that I have been holding out on. Pretty much normal stuff - stressed about wedding stuff to do, my FMIL is driving me up a wall this week. I've had a migraine for 24 full hours now... and I'm having a hard time concentrating at work.

Oh, wait.

FI and I are taking dance lessons, starting tonight!  What kind of dance would you do to "Two Step" by Dave Matthews? And "Can't fight this feeling" by REO Speedwagon?
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • I am so happy about your venue and your job news. Awesome stuff! And I'll be sending major vibes to your dad.
  • Wow you've been a busy bee! Congratulations on the job and the official venue change, it looks beautiful!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, he's in my thoughts and prayers throughout all of this. *hug*

Also...Chipotle, nom.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • No updates for me.

Love the new venue! Good luck to your dad <3
    5/27/12
  • Congrats on the raise & venue change!! The venue is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see pictures!! :-)

I'll be thinking of you & your dad. Big hugs!! xoxo

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Congrats on the venue change and the JOB!  WHOOT!!

I am sorry to hear about your dad.  I will be praying for him and you.  *hugs*  I love you.

As you know nothing exciting in my life, other then engagement photos this weekend!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Congrats on the raise & full-time position!  

I'll be praying for you & your dad, Lunar!!!

• Woohoo to the venue change and the job! And for having such an amazing FI and friend in Liv. 

Surgeries are scary, but the dr's that perform them do the same thing millions of times. I'll be praying for you and your family! Hugs!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I <3 you ladies like mad!!

Chipotle is delicious! YUM!
  • If you're getting married in Saratoga, I'm totally going to lurk in the bushes. Hey, it's a short drive.

I wanted to see if it was a place we'd looked at, but I can't get the site to load.
  • Seriously...if anyone really wants to lurk- it would make an awesome mini-vacation. The Santa Cruz mountains are AMAZING....You can drink some super wine, admire the redwood trees- and then go to the beach boardwalk. 

But you have to promise not to get super drunk. I hate super drunk people....and the vomit possibility. ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_updates-big-raise-official-venue-change-scary-surgery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:de19b46b-6aed-4543-8328-48e9f744113bPost:626c449d-089c-4254-a912-ef992e783364">Re: Updates: Big Raise, Official Venue Change, Scary Surgery</a>:
    [QUOTE]   But you have to promise not to get super drunk. I hate super drunk people....and the vomit possibility. ;)
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you, I know my limit. And my limit is one.
  • Also, I got irrationally excited when I saw "Saratoga" and then realized there was another Saratoga, but in California. :-(

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_updates-big-raise-official-venue-change-scary-surgery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:de19b46b-6aed-4543-8328-48e9f744113bPost:17979fff-d2f9-4ed7-aba3-989d57ef3614">Re: Updates: Big Raise, Official Venue Change, Scary Surgery</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I got irrationally excited when I saw "Saratoga" and then realized there was another Saratoga, but in California. :-(
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>This... </div><div>
    </div><div>And I'm so proud of you on the job front.</div><div>
    </div><div>And I'll be thinking of and praying for your dad!</div><div>
    </div><div>Only news here is that I'm hosting an epic NEY Knottie G2G in May. Be there or be square!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_updates-big-raise-official-venue-change-scary-surgery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:de19b46b-6aed-4543-8328-48e9f744113bPost:da9ba8fc-79f2-44e1-b8f0-c14381f815a1">Re: Updates: Big Raise, Official Venue Change, Scary Surgery</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Updates: Big Raise, Official Venue Change, Scary Surgery :   Only news here is that I'm hosting an epic NEY Knottie G2G in May. Be there or be square!
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

You know it! And I want to wear a peniis necklace and pretend it's my bachelorette party. ;)
  • Congratulations on the job and the venue, lunar :)  I hope everything goes well with your dad's surgery.
  • Congratulations on the job, Lunar! That's awesome news.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I take care of patients all the time with those filters, as well as people who have had blood clots in their lungs. If it makes you feel any better, it usually takes a LONG period of inactivity to develop a large enough blood clot to be life threatening once you have one of those filters (I'm talking pt's who lay in bed all day, every day). I know you'll still be very worried for him, but I'm sure he'll do great. I'll keep him in my prayers.

The venue is absolutely goregous, and I'm glad you nailed one down. Seems like all the indecision was worth it in the end-at least you know you totally explored your options :)
  • I can't believe you finally are on FT at your job. I know how much you love what you do...i'm so happy that your hard work and dedication has finally paid off. 60% raise? Wow...you really were undervalued.

You've got a venue!!! WOOT WOOT! I'm so happy that you and Andrew had found a place that can accommodate everything you were hoping for. You two deserve the wedding of your dreams and I'm so excited that you'd found the place now. One more thing to check off your list!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's upcoming surgery. I'm sending good vibes your way RIGHT NOW. I'm sure everything will go smoothly and that he will be strong through it all...but I know how scary it is to think of all the bad possibilities. Any time you need to talk, just call. I'm only a short drive away even though i've been terrible about keeping in touch with friends lately.

I want your wedding dress to come in too! I can't wait to see it on you again!! You looked so beautiful in it...I still can't believe I cried.

I'm jealous of your Chipotle goodness. I'm on a diet "plateau breaker"...so nothing fun to eat today or tomorrow. boo.
  • Hugs, prayers, vibes, love, everything heading yours way for comfort and your dad's way for a succesful procedure. Everything will be okay, I just know it!

Love you Lunar :)
  • No updates here.

Congrats on the job that is so exciting and I'm sure a relief to have the security.
    Congrats on the wedding venue as well!

Anniversary

• Congrats on the job and the venue, I'll be keeping your dad in my prayers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards