New York-Western

Vendor Reviews

Hi Ladies! We just got back from our honeymoon on Sunday so I wanted to return to the board to post reviews of the vendors we worked with in hopes that it will help out some of you ladies.

Saxman Slim - He was the hit of the reception! One of his colleagues did our ceremony music as well and was incredibly helpful and talented. Saxman Slim himself played at/DJ'd our reception and did a fantastic job. The older people at our wedding raved about his live sax music during dinner/cocktail hour, and he did a great job DJ'ing the dancing portion of the evening and playing music that those who were dancing enjoyed. I would highly recommend him to anyone. 

A Blooming Place - Jackie did a fantastic job with our flowers. She came a half hour early to pin corsages on family members and to pin the flowers for the guys, and waited with us girls until I was down the aisle in case anything went wrong with the flowers. She even fixed my train before I walked down the aisle. We got a great deal for what we paid. My only complaint was that we didn't get our toss bouquet, but I think that this was more a communication error on our part than on hers because we forgot to confirm that we needed one despite not doing the bouquet toss. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who hasn't yet picked a florist.

CR Fotography - I am beyond amazed with them. Bob came to our rehearsal the night before which was helpful in planning out ideas for where in the church we wanted to take pictures. Having the 2 photographers for the full day was great, and I came back from the honeymoon to all our pictures already being up in their online gallery, and I'll have the CD of them this Wednesday. The pictures came out great and I am so thankful for their quick turn around. Definitely a great value with what we paid. 

Millennium Hotel - I cannot say enough great things about them. Michael the catering manager was simply fantastic to work with throughout the planning process. Their banquet manager the night of was incredibly helpful and did a great job in making sure things went smoothly. Everything was set up just as we had asked, and the food was great. We were hesitant about using the courtyard at first due to the pool being open during the reception, but we didn't even notice that it was. Great service/food for the price.

Butterwood - Because of being with the Millennium we got our cake from Butterwood as part of the package since that is the baker they work with. Everyone gave great compliments about the cake and it was delicious and looked great. We got 2 different flavors (alternating tiers).

Glam On Location - I can't say enough about what a fantastic person Heather is. She did an absolutely wonderful job at my hair/makeup trial. She was in a bad car accident on the way to do my hair the morning of the wedding and as a result never made it. Not only did she have her mother contact me from the hospital to explain what happened but also offered to refund my deposit. She is incredibly talented and professional - I would book her again if I had to do the wedding all over again. 

Hope this is helpful info!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• How did you decide on a make-up artist?

I am in the Rochester area and have no idea how to narrow it down.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a few bridal shows and meeting people there definitely helped. I knew I wanted someone to come to me as opposed to going somewhere which helped w/ the selection as well.
  • I went to a few bridal shows around here but there weren't really any make-up people at the ones I went too. 
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What did you end up doing about your hair/makeup since Heather couldn't make it? I am assuming she was okay??  Yikes!  She is doing my hair/makeup so was just wondering.  Glad you had a great wedding! :)

Alison
  • @amg - I called a salon in the Galleria mall and they were able to squeeze me in, so it all worked out in the end. To my knowledge she is okay - I know she has a lot of other girls who work with her as well, so I'm sure your covered :) I felt so terrible for her!
  • Thank you for this! I am using CR Fotography too and am really glad you were so happy with them! They did our engagement pictures, we really like working with them... excited for them to do our wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a horrible experience with Glam on Location as well.  It seems like Heather always has excuses.  She canceled a "pre-trial" with me three times before I eventually said nevermind.  That is exactly why I didn't book her though, because I KNEW something like that would happen the day of my wedding.  I would def. go with someone else if at all possible.  I am using Stephanie Signorelli for my June wedding.  She has been fabulous to work with!!   
    June 2012 May Siggy- Me and my MOH(sis)! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Planning Bio
  • My review was by no means a negative one of Glam On Location since what happened was beyond her control. However I would recommend the Euphoria by Aveda Salon in the Galleria Mall for sure as they are who ended up doing my hair and makeup and did a fantastic job, even after sleeping on it my hair still looked the same the next day! It held up great in the windy weather that day while taking pictures.

@Snooks - CR Fotography was great. We had our images in the online gallery a week after the wedding and I already have the DVD of images - they got some great shots. I hope your pictures turn out well too!!
  • You called Euphoria in the Galleria the morning of your wedding and they were able to take care of you? That's definitely something worth remembering for any ladies who get into a pinch with their hair/makeup!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • @Stephy definitely! They were really great, I can't thank them enough. I was so stressed at the time I can't remember the name of the girl who did my hair or makeup - but they were also able to accomodate the one bridesmaid who was also left w/out someone to do her hair and Gino there did her hair, which turned out great. They are phenomenal!
  • I'm at the Millennium as well, though not til next year. :) We're really excited about having the cake from Butterwood. How much selection did you have? Were you "limited" because it was part of the package? I'd dying for the scoop on this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• @32- Butterwood was very helpful. Because of it being part of the package there aren't as many options for customizing, but we still had 7 or 8 cake designs to choose from. We chose 2 different cake flavors - 1 is included w/ the package but it was only $20 to add an additional flavor. We had vanilla w/ raspberry truffle filling and chocolate w/ Bailey's mocha mousse- both were amazing!!! Claire is great to work w/ - I hope you have a good experience too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_vendor-reviews-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:61eede9c-b6ab-4cdf-8494-c316fac578fbPost:33fe29a1-d859-40b4-8921-dec082e01135">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]@32- Butterwood was very helpful. Because of it being part of the package there aren't as many options for customizing, but we still had 7 or 8 cake designs to choose from. We chose 2 different cake flavors - 1 is included w/ the package but it was only $20 to add an additional flavor. We had vanilla w/ raspberry truffle filling and chocolate w/ Bailey's mocha mousse- both were amazing!!! Claire is great to work w/ - I hope you have a good experience too!
    Posted by cgielow[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I was hoping it was a good experience. We don't want anything fancy for our cake, a basic design is fine, but were hoping they did a *little* customizing, like add flowers in our color, or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

• We got the scroll design and had them wrap ribbon in our wedding color around the base of each tier
  • amfalkamfalk member
    First Comment
    Hello! I'm wondering if any of the ladies who have used CR Fotography would be willing to share information regarding their prices/packages available? Any information you could share would be extremely helpful! Thank you!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_vendor-reviews-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:61eede9c-b6ab-4cdf-8494-c316fac578fbPost:6a60131a-c973-4e7c-bf7b-a3bd9c61b29a">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I'm wondering if any of the ladies who have used CR Fotography would be willing to share information regarding their prices/packages available? Any information you could share would be extremely helpful! Thank you!!
    Posted by amfalk[/QUOTE]

<div>We got our engagement shoot plus one included image out of that w/ copyright, a dvd slideshow of our proof images plus a cd with all full resolution images along w/ web images w/ copyright release, and a small album ... plus both photographers the full day of our wedding and Bob came to our rehearsal. $978 including tax, however they were running a promo at the time, so we got the album at a small discount. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards