Massachusetts-Boston

salem venue

has anyone had or been to a wedding at the salem waterfront hotel? 

Re: salem venue

• edited December 2011
    I haven't but I did check them out as a venue for the wedding and again for the rehearsal dinner. We ended up going with the Hawthorne for the wedding and the Lyceum for the RD.
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    They were on my list of places to call and check prices for.  I called and emailed them.  They never responded, so I scratched them from my list.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• jaceyjcjaceyjc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is in Salem, so I got in touch with the hotel to set up a room block.  The man I spoke with was wonderful and said to call back after the first of the year.  When I did, they said he was on vacation.  I called back and was passed around until someone finally said he was no longer with the hotel.  Then, they said they would not be able to honor the pricing he quoted.  To stay there, I would have to pre-pay for the block and no discount would be provided.  It was a disater.  So I'd say stay away...  This is they type of day you want the best of customer servbice and that's certainly not what I found.

Other options:
    Lyceum
    Peabody Essex
    Hamilton Hall

Good luck!

• kristinoc100kristinoc100 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely hamilton hall or peabody essex museum. I've also been to a wedding at the house of 7 gables in a tent outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards