Favors
Options

Ideas for bridesmaids gifts

All of my bridesmaids love to bake, so I thought a cute idea for a bridesmaids gift would be to give them each different waist aprons and a baking box with like a mason jar of cake mix and recipe for homemade frosting or something along that line. I also handmade bridesmaid tank tops for each of them. I was just wondering since the baking thing doesn't exactly pertain to the wedding if it's still a good gift idea? I'm asking cause every gift I've seen has been stuff like wedding day survival kit, custom hangers, jewelry they can wear the day of, etc. Since I'm still giving them the tank tops for photos day of i thought maybe it could work out but was just wondering if anyone else has given/received unconventional gifts. Give me your thoughts :)
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ideas for bridesmaids gifts

• Options
    I think it's actually better to give gifts that are NOT related to your wedding.  Most wedding related stuff they'll never use again.  Giving a gift that pertains to their likes and interests is much better!
  • Options
    Yeah, I would say the better gifts are those not related to the wedding.  If you haven't made the tanks already, I would skip that idea. 

I think the baking idea is great!  It's something they can use on a regular basis.  Your wedding is one day, so I mean, why would you get them something for the one day instead of for everyday?  
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_ideas-for-bridesmaids-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:7d4386c9-69df-45b6-b83f-2a5542be56c6Post:03fb16f5-3524-4a8b-a99d-5789bd59e9d8">Ideas for bridesmaids gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]All of my bridesmaids love to bake, so I thought a cute idea for a bridesmaids gift would be to give them each different waist aprons and a baking box with like a mason jar of cake mix and recipe for homemade frosting or something along that line. I also handmade bridesmaid tank tops for each of them. I was just wondering since the baking thing doesn't exactly pertain to the wedding if it's still a good gift idea? I'm asking cause every gift I've seen has been stuff like wedding day survival kit, custom hangers, jewelry they can wear the day of, etc. Since I'm still giving them the tank tops for photos day of i thought maybe it could work out but was just wondering if anyone else has given/received unconventional gifts. Give me your thoughts :)
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

Take out the tank tops and this is probably the best BM gift idea that I've seen on these boards.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    Thanks guys.. I already made the tank tops cause it was only a few dollars per shirt and I had a few good picture ideas I wanted to do for the day of with them. I figured since it's a one time use and I didn't spend much it wasn't a big deal. I will probably give them separate from the baking gifts. I'm glad that it's a good idea though and will go ahead and make them :)
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image

• Options
    Personally, I don't like the pre-made mixes for baking. I'd rather get some cookie cutters or a pound cake form or something. Just sayin....
    NeedWeddingFavors.com - A blog of wedding favors
  • Options
    I've always heard you should shop for your BMs or any other wedding party member like you would if it was their birthday. IMO, it's a tad rude to give something they would use for your wedding as their gift.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well it's not rude if they all like the shirts and wear them for a few pictures. It'd be rude if I told them to go buy bridesmaid shirts because I thought they were cute. Good thing that's not all I'm giving them

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards