Rhode Island

Hostess Gifts Ideas

I'm having 1 bridal shower, which I'm flying home for from out of state. Does anyone have suggestions for a hostess gift for my sister and godmother who are throwing it? Also, the shower will be at my Mom's house, should I include a gift for her as well (even though she's not planning/financing)?

Re: Hostess Gifts Ideas

• I think it would be nice to at least include a thank you card for Mom and maybe a small gift since the event will be hosted at her house. As for the hostess gift, it depends on your sister's likes and interest. Wine and cheese, Personalize piece of jewelry from Etsy or even a spa gift card or the like is a nice gesture of appreciation. For my MOH, I got her some photography related products (she is an aspiring photographer) with a old lens upcycled into a pendent on Etsy, a Canon DSLR camera len look a like thermal mug from a gift store and stationary card personalized with her name and a camera logo (also on Etsy). Also include a card to say thank you! 
  • I think something small is fine.At my shower I had a lot of hostesses, so I didn't spend a lot. I bought everyone some french macaroons, that were packaged nicely.

If there were less people, I might have done something like flowers, or something they really would like that was personal to them.

I was the host at a bridal shower and the hostess didn't give me anything and I didn't think about it until after....so maybe its not really required? but since its your sister and godmother-- just something personal is nice... perhaps a gift certificate for a mani pedi or offer to take them out for a cocktail? and spend some quality non-wedding time.

• Stella and Dot has adorable things. http://www.stelladot.com/sites/jennifersullivan

Or if you want something Rhode Island- Alex & Ani.

Enjoy!
  • I sent an edible arrangement to my two aunts and my FMIL who hosted my showers. I also sent one to my mom because I know she helped plan a lot of it, even though she didnt host. They were all pleasantly suprised/touched. it can get pricey but i had a coupon which helped a bit. I think a small gift is nice gesture if you can but something I wouldnt have even thought about if I hadnt seen another knottie ask the same question!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards