North Carolina-Outer Banks

DJ cancelled!! Help!!

Our DJ was going to be a friend of ours but some work things came up that he could not change.  Does anyone know of a DJ service that is not super expensive who does a good job!  I am so lost looking for DJ's right now!

Re: DJ cancelled!! Help!!

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry! How awful for you! When is your wedding date? And what is your budget? I paying $800 for my DJ to play for 4 hours, which is pretty standard with most the OBX DJs I interviewed unfortunately. Maybe try Craiglist or see if there's a cheaper DJ in VA Beach who would be willing to travel to OBX? I hope this helps.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • meerapatel25meerapatel25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's June 3rd!! Thanks for the advice.  I'm really wanting someone that people recommend as I have very little time to do research.  At this point, money is not the real issue.  I just want someone that will do a good job.  Who are you using?
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Matt Cooper (Outer Banks Music Masters) for same price as Sarah mentioned above.  He was great to work with and played great music.  A close second for us was John Harper.  He has gotten really rave reviews on this board and I'm sure would be excellent also.  
  • edited December 2011
    I was just looking for one a couple of weeks ago... from the archives here and other vendor recommendations the top in the OBX seem to be:

Matt Cooper at Music Masters
    DJ Bruce
    John Harper DJ
    Don Vaquera at Soundwavz

$200/hr seems to be the going rate no matter who you go with in the above list.  I *think* we are going with Soundwavz for our wedding, but still need to finalize the contract.  From what I can tell so far Don is incredibly organized and very quick to answer my emails.  No experience with the others except that they were all already booked on my date, but all of them quickly responded to my initial inquiry.
  • edited December 2011
    We brought someone in from out of town.  They are willing to travel to the Outer Banks for a minimal charge.  Another bride referred me to them on this board when I was planning my wedding.  Check out All The Right Grooves.  I found them to be very professional, fun and reasonable.  They are out of Charlotte NC. 704.549.9951
  • edited December 2011
    OBX2011 is using John Harper who was great when we met with him.  I have spoken with him a couple of times and he seems to be as excited as we are. 
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_dj-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:bed2001e-5711-49c7-92ef-3d9df57f3f82Post:96ec449b-96b9-404c-8863-aa4f73dfada8">Re: DJ cancelled!! Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's June 3rd!! Thanks for the advice.  I'm really wanting someone that people recommend as I have very little time to do research.  At this point, money is not the real issue.  I just want someone that will do a good job.  <strong>Who are you using?
    </strong>Posted by meerapatel25[/QUOTE]

We are using Mike Smith: <a href="http://www.obxdj.com/">www.obxdj.com</a>
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Call Tommy Midgette - affordable and does a good job.  He is a good friend of the family
  • meerapatel25meerapatel25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_dj-cancelled?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:bed2001e-5711-49c7-92ef-3d9df57f3f82Post:298ef2b0-a4aa-4bef-aaab-c9a31d0c03bd">Re: DJ cancelled!! Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ cancelled!! Help!! : We are using Mike Smith: <a href="http://www.obxdj.com" rel='nofollow'>www.obxdj.com</a>
    Posted by sarahebrown[/QUOTE]

Thanks Everyone!! Sarah- we decided to use Mike Smith too!  He is very organized and makes the song selection process so easy!!  I appreciate all your comments and help!! Thanks Again!!
  • edited December 2011
    DJ Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Eric www.AllAroundRaleighDJ.com
  • edited December 2011
    Can anyone comment on DJ Don at Soundwavz? Our reception organizer recommended him, but would love to hear from some brides!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards