Wedding Etiquette Forum

FEEDING VENDORS

Should I be including all of my vendors etc that have helped to pull off my special day into the head count for food and drink as well??   I want to know if feeding the wedding coordinator, the caterer, the photographer, the videographer and the mobile hair and makeup team is a proper thing to do.

Re: FEEDING VENDORS

• Yes, feed your vendors.  Check with your caterer to see if they offer a vendor meal.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • anyone who is working during your reception needs a meal (dj, videographer, photographer, etc).  Talk with your venue/caterer....as they may have a vendor meal. 

• sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    You should feed them-
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Always. A fed vendor is a happy and better performing vendor.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feeding-vendors-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e09b69c-7a60-40b1-b448-664d5c061355Post:14de9398-1007-482b-82bd-a462000fbdce">Re: FEEDING VENDORS</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>YES YOU SHOULD FEED THEM.
    </strong>Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • definitely feed them and definitely ask your venue about vendor meals.  We served family style so my coordinator told me not to include them in the count b/c they would have extra food and would make up vendor plates for free.  Other venues will offer it at a discount.
  • Yes feed them. I know I would be annoyed if I was there for hours and wasn't able to eat anything and I doubt I would do a very good job.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feeding-vendors-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e09b69c-7a60-40b1-b448-664d5c061355Post:3c18e9f5-f9d4-4aab-bf2d-4efd1a010cd9">Re: FEEDING VENDORS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FEEDING VENDORS : I did happen to be starving when I replied. Being hungry makes me angry.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Me too! It doesn't help my bday dinner is tonight and i'm so ready to go!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feeding-vendors-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e09b69c-7a60-40b1-b448-664d5c061355Post:b8c604ef-63ed-47be-a4b1-2755bc4c015d">Re: FEEDING VENDORS</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FEEDING VENDORS : I don't even want to think about it! :P
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

RACHERS SMASH!
  • You should feed them for sure, Its not as if they are able to go out and get something in the middle.

I think you only need to feed the vendors at your reception.  Unless the hair dresser is coming to fix your hair at the reception, I wouldn't feed them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • I already knew to feed vendors at the wedding (DJ, photograhper) but what about our day of coordinator provided by the venue (who at are place the DOC is also one of the venue managers/owners), as well as the bartenders?  Do I factor them in as getting a meal paid for by me?
  • it wasn't something I had thought of...but the DOC from our venue had a meal (the vendor meal) on our final bill....it was $15 so I really didn't question it...I wanted her happy.
  • Yes, feed them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • People we fed:

Photographer (8 hours of work)
    DJ (5 hours of work)
    musician (worked as part of a string trio for our ceremony, played piano at cocktail hour)
    DOC and her assistant

I think I offered my hair and MUA bagels or something around noon when she came to do hair and makeup (I offered them to the photographer, too!), because that's what I had for myself and the wedding party to munch on before photos.

We did catering through our venue (it was full service, so they provided all chairs, tables, linens, staff, food). They didn't charge us for their own meals. I assume they dealt with staff breaks and meals on their own. I would assume a caterer would also build this into their pricing.

Oh, and our venue gave vendors a plate of food (same food we ate, but just 1 plate, vs 3 courses + hors d'oeuvres + bar package) fror 1/5 the price of our per-person plate cost.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I do not even understand why this is even a question. If i expect someone to spend all day at my wedding (paying or not) how could i expect them to watch other people eat but keep working without providing them with any food? Ignorant completely & not how i am. 

Ask about vendor meals. You do NOT have to pay for your caterer to eat. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do not even understand why this is even a question. If i expect someone to spend all day at my wedding (paying or not) how could i expect them to watch other people eat but keep working without providing them with any food? Ignorant completely & not how i am. 

Ask about vendor meals. You do NOT have to pay for your caterer to eat. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards