Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Ocean Themed Cake - Tiers and Topper

I'm inviting 73 people to my wedding and I know for a fact not all of them are coming.

I was hoping to do a four tier cake, but i may end up being a 3 tier which is okay - the FI can have his tier, we can decorate one together, and I can have my own (excluding the anniversary tier)

He wants the bottom tier to be a cabbage coral so it has to be round yet I want a square tier for me.

I have it basically planned out in my mind, but I don't know if what I want will work. I was going to have his a 12" or 14" round tier then the separators then 2 square tiers.

Would that work? Any suggestions on how to do the tier and how i can still get my square tier? any suggestions to the topper?
The Future Mrs. Wynn Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ocean Themed Cake - Tiers and Topper

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alternating tier shapes can work when it looks deliberate.  One round then two square looks accidental.  Alternating round then square then round would work.  As would alternating square then round then square. 
  • edited December 2011
    i can do round square round - that way I get my square tier and it doesn't look horrible or like i or the bakery messed up. thank you magdala9 :]

Now for topper ideas:
    --seashells
    --coral
    --a mermaid/merman (idk where to find that haha)
    --or something else

does anyone know where to find ocean themed toppers? i sure don't
  • edited December 2011
    Your cake sounds inticate enough that it might not even need a cake topper! 

I think that scallop shells are beautiful, or a seastar could be pretty...  not sure where you would buy it - I'd have to google it :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    my cake will have coral, seashells, and fish on it so a star fish at the top would be perfect. you're right - it really doesn't need a topper, but i was just thinking of ideas for one. i don't want too much on the top as it would take away from the cake itself, but maybe something on top that's not on the rest of the cake would probably work as to avoid anything being overdone like too much coral/seashells/etc

thank you wiscisbliss Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards