Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Monday

Hey all!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  The holidays are FAST approaching and it's very exciting!

This weekend I did an easy 4 miler outside.  I wanted to pick up the pace and I did at the end but I had to watch myself becaue my asthma loves to act up during the cold weather months.  I wanted to do more but time didn't allow it.

Tonight I'm hoping to do some easy cardio then lifting and abs.  How have you all been doing with your workout goals?

Re: Workout Accountability: Monday

• Options
    Sounds like a good run, lbarr!

I did 8 on Saturday & 3 this morning.  Nothing too strenuous but it's about that time for me to be picking up the mileage :)  I'm lucky I can breathe in the cold, but unfortunately I can't see in the dark so I'll be shopping for a headlamp this week!
  • Options
    Medic- you are so brave!  I get freaked out to run in the dark.  I run along marshes/ocean but there is one location where it dips into the woods away from the road and I get the heebie jeebies that a wild animal or something is going to drag me away.  (Yes, I am 5).
  • Options
    It was the Dingo!

Hahaha, jk- I run in my neighborhood with my great dane... I feel pretty safe but I'm honestly more afraid of tripping over something or breaking my ankle in a pot hole. I also run with a whistle so if I were to be attacked (despite the HUGE dog) I can at least draw attention to myself and maybe scare off the attacker?  I am wierd, I know.

My longer runs I do in a group so I feel a little safer, but my short runs I try to squeeze in before work when I can!
  • Options
    I did a cross trainer work out on the elliptical for 35 minutes and hills on the treadmill for 20 minutes on Sunday afternoon. I weighed myself that night and I am 2 lbs heavier than last week! I have been counting my calories so I am not over eating. Sigh. Ready to give up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I went to the gym this morning for the first time this month. Right now I'm bowling which is better for me than laying on my couch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maribeth- is it possible that you've gained muscle?  If you're eating enough calories and not too many and you haven't gained muscle mass, you may want to talk with your doctor to make sure you aren't having any underlying issues like thyroid disorders.  Hang in there, maybe you've just hit a plateau.  Don't give up!!

petal- I love bowling!  I'm so bad at it but I keep on trying :)
  • Options
    petal- bowling is so fun!  FI actually went with a few friends after a golf tourney this past weekend and I was a teensy bit jealous :)

maribeth- Ditto what medic said.  I wouldn't give up just yet.  Keep it up and stay positive.  Keep an eye on the weight gain, etc.  Also, extra water weight can contribute.  I usually fluctuate between 2-3 pounds on average so don't worry!
  • Options
    Hi ladies I post on this board here and there but I am really trying to get serious about losing weight!!  So I am going to start jumping on these threads everyday for motivation.  Tonight I am going to run on the treadmill for 30 minutes and do 15 minutes on the elliptical.  In 30 minutes I will probably run about 2 1/2 miles.  I always jog the first 1 which takes me about 11 minutes.  Then for the last 19 minutes I like to do sprints.  I will sprint for 1 minute then walk for 30 seconds then sprint again and so on.  I need to do this to keep myself from getting bored. 

I am going to start to incorporate weights into my workout in January so I can tone up my arms for the wedding in July!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Morning all!

I get to work from home with my kitties and I'm loving it and blasting Christmas music. Not a bad Monday!

I went to the gym both Saturday  and Sunday.  Got in a nice run yesterday, a 5-miler.  Four at race pace and a slow jog for the last one.  Tonight will be back to the gym for some lifting and the elliptical. 

Keep up the great work everybody!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Managed to go to the gym on Friday - 30 minutes on elliptical only though, no weight lifting (didn't have time, had to shower and go to an art gallery opening!)

Saturday I did some light cycling on my workout bike for 45 minutes

Sunday I forced myself to go to the gym even though my motivation was lacking, got 6.5 mins in on the stairmaster (didn't think it would be very difficult but I was huffing and puffing so I decided to stop and switch machines!), 30 minutes in on the elliptical (thought i'd give up at 25 mins cuz I was feeling tired, but I hung in there!), then another 20 minutes weight lifting!

I'm feeling great about how much I worked out this weekend :) AND i managed to not overeat at the parties and stuff we went to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My level of motivation was at zero this morning: Monday, cold, dark, EARLY (4:45).  The universe decided to provide some inspiration: leaky tire!  I'll be stranded at the gym while my FI takes my car to the shop - what a gem!

The question remains: what are some good arm exercises for toning tricpes?  I'm sticking to the nautilis machines for now, since the free-weight section of the gym intimdates me a bit!

HeyJude: I am envious!  Working from home with my kitty would be wonderful (and I love the Dr. Who sig!)
  • Options
    I started bowling on a league last summer. I really like it but I'm not good either. It's fun.

Sounds like a lot of you had great weekend workouts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had an extra sucky weekend...seems like people always come over and ruin my exercise intentions. Today I did my Cardio X and added some abs...and now I'm considering maybe doing an extra workout later since this weekend was crappy. Oh well...any exercise is good exercise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry so short but wanted to check in!

5 mile run and 1 mile walk, little motivation today

Hope everyone is doing well and gearing up for the holiday weekend! Keep up the good work ladies :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did zumba and P90X shoulders and arms on Saturday.  5k on Sunday.  Keep up the good work ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards