Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid

I need advice, I have a really great friend who I have been planning on using as a BM but her wedding is one month before mine. We both want to be in each others weddings but I wanted to ask how everyone felt about that?

Re: Bridesmaid

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just ask her. Only she can decide if she has the time/resources to commit to your wedding also.

Best case scenario: You ask her, she says yes, you have another of your best friends standing up with you on your day.

Worst case scenario: You ask her, she says no, she can't manage it - but at least she knows you cared enough to ask and leave the choice up to her.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  That's an individual situation whether or not someone has time, money, etc to participate!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:67fef1b9-8445-4c71-adc1-5b1bb335ba37Post:9317e70e-70f7-4953-990d-97f7ec2a2c29">Re: Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just ask her. Only she can decide if she has the time/resources to commit to your wedding also. Best case scenario: You ask her, she says yes, you have another of your best friends standing up with you on your day. Worst case scenario: You ask her, she says no, she can't manage it - but at least she knows you cared enough to ask and leave the choice up to her. Good luck. :)
    Posted by Amt2109[/QUOTE]

This....
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:67fef1b9-8445-4c71-adc1-5b1bb335ba37Post:c14654b3-7eab-4d0c-9bb4-a62b49e9445a">Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need advice, I have a really great friend who I have been planning on using as a BM but her wedding is one month before mine. <strong>We both want to be in each others weddings but I wanted to ask how everyone felt about that</strong>?
    Posted by matt&brit[/QUOTE]
    Since you both want to be BMs in the other's wedding, I don't know why you need internet strangers to tell you it's ok.  Just do it.
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe say "asking" instead of "using?" It makes a BM sound like a prop. =D
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married april 9th my MOH got married May 1st I was her Matron of honor She had asked me a million times if it was ok to get married that soon after. I said i only get one day and if may 1 makes u happy then i will be tehre as Matron of honor with a huge smile on my face. We did talk aboit how we could not take on aas much resposiblity as we would have liked for eachothers weddings. Undertandable. We also did a joint Bach party. Which was really fun!!
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    ASK HER.  It is a whole month!  It isn't like your weddings are the day after each other.  If she can't afford it or if she will be away on her HM she will let you know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards