Snarky Brides
Options

Sunday Morning!

I'm up early again, and slept like crap thanks to an insane storm that rolled through last night. It poured for, like, 5 hours straight.  Lightning/thunder lasted at least 2-6am too, which is crazy.  I think it's going to be a nap day today :)

I'm debating whether to go grocery shopping or not. We're leaving Friday morning to go to WI for the weekend, so I'd rather just use up some food we have in the house. I might need some fruit though. I can't wait for the farmers' markets to open here.

Re: Sunday Morning!

• Options

My morning started off hectic. I got to work about 6am, then H called at 7 because he locked himself out of the house. So I had to leave and meet him halfway to drop off my keys, then come back to work. I used my lunch so I don't lose time, so that sucks that I won't get a break today.

But whatever. I brought in my DVD player and just watched Conan (the new one), so Jason Momoa made me happy. After work I'm going to go get my mom's Mother's Day gift then to the grocery store for a few things.

• Options
    Boo. That sucks that you have to work today. How long will you be there?  What are you getting your mom? I have no clue what to get mine. 
  • Options
    kushie77kushie77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Morning!

FI is out fishing so I got to sleep in a little until Lilly kept licking my face b/c the food dish was empty, silly kitty.

Going to tackle the laundry and try to get wedding stuff organized, it seems to have reproduced in the spare room since I was in there, that or the the cats got in there and knocked stuff over. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's a normal work day for me, steph. I'll be out Wednesday for a book thing so rather than take OT, I'm working today. I'll be here until 2:30. No clue what I'm getting my mom. There's this local shop I go to that has a bunch of weird gift items. I get her gifts there since she loves goofy stuff.

Man, I forgot how much I love the Conan movie. And Jason Momoa. I might have to watch it again to get me through the day. He doesn't know it yet, but he's gonna be my Raven-Eater (that sounded really dirty).
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning!

We're meeting friends for a hike in an hour, then going to sample some food at the restaurant that we will probably use to cater SSon's RD.

I missed the supermoon last night;  I'm bummed about that.  And it's going to be approx 30* cooler today than yesterday, with a chance of snow Monday night. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning y'all! We had an awful yet amazing storm last night too! Today we are supposed to meet friends to pick blackberries at a local farm, but its an hour away. At least with the rain I know the berries will be plump, but I'm not looking forward to driving that far. We tried to go first thing this morning, but then realized the farm doesn't open until 1. So much for trying to avoid the sun for DH. And we had better be back in time for me to go wotk out. 

This morning I'm just looking up restaurants in the French Quarter on Yelp and bookmarking them for next week. The reviews are always iffy though, because you have to remember that people were smashed when they ate there, and when you are drunk, lots of nasty thigs taste good...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Is snow normal this late, Les? I love winter, but mid-May is too late for snow, even for me.

Sesh, I can totally picture him as the Raven-Eater.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    Yes, we usually have a little snow in May.  Even June once since I've lived here, and it can start in September.  It's supposed to be just above freezing Monday night, so it might just be some slushy stuff.
  • Options
    That sounds miserable, les. You should move to Florida. Lots of sunshine and no snow in June.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    I've been to Clearwater, Sesh.  Loved it.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-morning-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7a6633b-1338-4111-9831-2879db74145cPost:40de7c08-73d7-4b78-9875-ef70d5ba24bb">Re: Sunday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been to Clearwater, Sesh.  Loved it.  
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

<div>My grandparents live near there. It's my favorite beach. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd still rather have snow in May than 100* any other time. Sorry, Sesh.</div>
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

I was up early as well Steph.I didnt sleep well, but boy did I see the supermoon from the BR window.
    Nothing going on today, waiting for the first nap so I can find the stuff to put in H's shadow box. Since all his stuff went upstairs for the office remodel I have no idea where everything is.

Les-Boo for snow. It's already hot here.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No way, you people are crazy. 100* weather is perfect.

ETA - why is there a gigantic white space between my post and sig? It's really annoying.
  • Options
    Hi guys!

I just finished a workout which I'm not that impressed with. I'm losing some ability with this stomach and it kinda sucks. I bought donuts for H this morning. It'll be a nice surprise when he gets home at noon. I felt bad for him yesterday. He had to work his usually midnight-noon but they kept them until 3. So he came home, slept right away, and got up for work again.

Sesh- I got to the bridge part in your book last night, when his dog helps him across and I started bawling my eyes out. It made me think of how much I love my pups. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Morning.  I'm headed back home today, then going to hand out with the ILs for a while, should be interesting. SIL is not in town, so it'll be pretty pleasant, I hope.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-morning-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7a6633b-1338-4111-9831-2879db74145cPost:0fc80d45-aecd-46b4-8cbf-a455c7974016">Re: Sunday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys! I just finished a workout which I'm not that impressed with. I'm losing some ability with this stomach and it kinda sucks. I bought donuts for H this morning. It'll be a nice surprise when he gets home at noon. I felt bad for him yesterday. He had to work his usually midnight-noon but they kept them until 3. So he came home, slept right away, and got up for work again. Sesh- I got to the bridge part in your book last night, when his dog helps him across and I started bawling my eyes out. It made me think of how much I love my pups. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

What kind of workout are you doing? Have you tried yoga?
  • Options
    kd- I was running 2 minutes, walking 2 minutes but it was making me cramp so now I'm power walking m-w-f-and one weekend day. This morning I did summer sanders pregnancy DVD. It uses bands for the major muscle groups and it's okay but I just really miss jogging.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-morning-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7a6633b-1338-4111-9831-2879db74145cPost:8737f8c7-fd43-4775-9915-25701a6af18e">Re: Sunday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]kd- I was running 2 minutes, walking 2 minutes but it was making me cramp so now I'm power walking m-w-f-and one weekend day. This morning I did summer sanders pregnancy DVD. It uses bands for the major muscle groups and it's okay but I just really miss jogging.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I've never been a runner. H is but I could never get into it. Maybe you should talk to your Dr about the cramps.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-morning-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e7a6633b-1338-4111-9831-2879db74145cPost:405bc1fa-3af6-49c1-bfad-05cebbaa3c9e">Re: Sunday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Morning! : Sorry, I've never been a runner. H is but I could never get into it. Maybe you should talk to your Dr about the cramps.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]
    I did. She said it's probably just because my stomach is getting bigger and the baby is moving a lot. It's not a bad thing, it just freaked me out and I hated the feeling so I'm now just not going to run anymore. I do have a yoga dvd so I'll try that out, maybe on a walking day.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good morning.  We finally got out to the fair last night so I'm feeling kind of gross after all the fair food. FI tried Alligator last night too so that was different.  
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Is it actual cramping Hike? or just the godawful RLP?  I now can't roll over in bed without feeling like I pulled a muscle. I don't want to know how bad it's going to be in another 3-4 months. (p.s. holyshit. Baby is due in less than 4 months.)

Sesh, my text always looks weird too when I'm typing. Clearly TK IT still has issues.
  • Options
    Ha, sorry, Hike. I didn't think that part was all that sad. But probably because Ian isn't my favorite character.
  • Options
    mmm fair food. I'm already trying to bribe people to bring me fair food. Our State Fair is late August, and there's no way I'm going to go walk around with 200,000 people in 90* weather when I'm 9 months pregnant. But dammit, I want some deep-fried goodness on a stick.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that's one of the parts that made me cry too, Sesh. ;)
  • Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Yeah Steph, it's not an unbearable cramp, it's like a pulling, uncomfortable twinge. If that makes sense.

Sesh- He isn't mine so far either, it was just the thought of a dog dying. Haha. 
    Edit: and knowing my dogs would help me across the bridge. It made me feel bad because they were kinda on my nerves yesterday so the book make me feel really grateful for them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Steph- I don't blame you for not wanting to get out!  I was very surprised by how many 'obviously' pregnant (as in large bump... I don't know how else to describe it) were out last night in the crowds and heat.  I chalked it up to be a small town fair and that was why.  
    imageVacation
  • Options
    I'll admit, I did shed a few tears when reading over my newest book. But that's because it's based on my family, and I kill off a family member. In real life, he's actually still alive, it just worked better for him to die and I was really sad having to think about it.

And that reminded me, my grandma's birthday is today. She's 75. I need to call her.
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Good morning!

Today is Lucy's birthday! She's 1 now.  Her breeder (yeah, yeah...) sent a birthday card addressed to her.  It was so cute.  We are taking her to PetSmart (or is it PetsMart?  I've never been sure) today to pick out a birthday present.  Yes, I am *that* dog owner. 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Happy B-day Lucy. I wish ours was one!

Oh and it's PetSmart.
  • Options
    I think I cried about the dog at that part too.  

Steph, I don't think the deep-fried stuff would be as good if you weren't right there getting it while it was hot.  

There's a mini-state fair thing here in two weeks, you could come get your fill of food before August :) OR, our actual fair isn't until October, you should come to that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards