Hi, we're looking for a site in the northern Michigan area, preferably anywhere from Cadillac on up. We live in Alpena and don't want to travel more than 2-2.5 hours, if possible, but we're relatively flexible.
Here is a possible list of what we'd like to find, but like I said, we're VERY open to other suggestions, thanks!
- Outdoors, preferrably by the water, in a natural area, gardens are fine, but hopefully not too cultivated or "staged" looking. Something in the woods is fine, too.
- Maybe a lodge or bed/breakfast in the woods, on the lake, we have some out of town guests, so lodging would be a plus.
- atmospheric, vintage, if it's indoors, like the TC opera house, or something like that.
- No golf courses or ritzy hotels, unless they have a different, more natural area.
- If you're familiar with ellsworth, we like the park with the covered pavillion and labirynth by the river, not the water processing plant right behind it so much.
- We also love Frog Pond Village, but too expensive.
Thanks for any suggestions you have, we really appreciate it, thanks!