Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank You Card For Group Gift from Co-Workers?

Quick question on etiquette - I just started at my job about 6 months ago, and my co-workers generously chipped in money to get me a gift card for my wedding (about 15 of them).  Should I write a thank you card to each person or do I just send a group thank you to the organizer?  Thanks!

Re: Thank You Card For Group Gift from Co-Workers?

• I would personally send one to each person.  

But I'm kind of thank you card crazy.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thank-you-card-for-group-gift-from-co-workers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:fa833705-2f61-42e0-968e-3b9da70d6991Post:8763269e-114b-41f5-817d-4041e7ff98cf">Re: Thank You Card For Group Gift from Co-Workers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would personally send one to each person.   But I'm kind of thank you card crazy.  
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing!
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    If the card was signed by each person individually I would send each a note. If it was signed "From the Finance Group" or something similar I would give them a group one because you don't know who actually pitched in.
    Lizzie
  • I know that after my work shower, some ladies said they didn't have a chance to sign the card.  So I wrote a group thank you card and placed it in the common break room.  I did write individual cards to people who did not give into the group gift, but got something else instead.
  • edited June 2012
    My department at my job chipped in as well for a wedding gift last year. They just signed it "The English Department" so I didn't know who exactly went in on it (although I think they all did) but I didn't want to leave someone out/include someone who I shouldn't, so I just wrote the TY card out to the department. I think if everyone signed their names individually, I would probably write a note to each person individually.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I wrote a group thank you and sent it to my boss's attention for her to circulate. It addressed each person by name, but it was one card.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What I did (and what I've seen others do for baby showers) is bake some cookies, put them in the break room, and send an email thanking everyone for the gift and letting them know about the baked goods.  You could also leave a TY note with the baked goods for people to see when they take a cookie.
  • Thanks for the advice.  I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards