Military Brides
Options

What's everyone up to this weekend?

2»

Re: What's everyone up to this weekend?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Awesome spiff!
    What are you going to do while your kicked out? :)
    Do you have pics of the MOHs dress?

I just realized Sunday will be our 1 month-a-versary.. haha nice :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have a busy weekend planned, but I'm super excited about it. 

1) We have our first premarital counseling session tomorrow morning; we both took the prepare-enrich assessments on our own this week, and I'm looking forward to learning even more about each other. Some of the questions on there I knew we'd answer differently (I was laughing as I took the assessment, haha) and some of the questions I couldn't believe that people would answer them a certain way (exaple: "I think having kids will fix all our existing problems"; answer choices were strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, strongly disagree... does anyone actually think that having kids will fix all their problems?!) but I digress...

2) Engagement pictures!! I'm super excited about this; I've been looking through different picture ideas to do (you guys totally have me hooked on pinterest now, I had never heard of it before here; I know, I live under a rock) and I can't wait to see what the photog comes up with and how some of our shots will come out. On my way home from work tonight I deffo need to get my eyebrows waxed! haha... and I might stop by target and look at sweaters after reading amh's post :)

3) time with my sister and BIL- we are going to do lunch or dinner (working around engagement pics schedule) and then carve pumpkins or something

otherwise, I'm enjoying all the time I can with FI, because this is the last time I will see him for a month; next time I see him will be the weekend before T'Giving in Michigan. 

FTL- have you ever made carrot casserole? it's ahhhhmazing, and a good side for people who might not like mashed potatoes. 
    it kinda tastes like yams, but it's different at the same time.... 

sounds like everyone is having a fun weekend except for Amanda and Binx :(  sorry ladies... I totally agree w the jello shots suggestion!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THank you for the recipe! I may try it out this weekend and see how it goes! :)

Yay for counseling sessions! That's so fun and exciting :) I think counselling is awesome, even for the healthiest of couples.
    Engagement pictures are awesome! H and I had so much fun with ours and it was such a great way to loosen up with our wedding photograher. I hope you have great weather and a blast!
    And yay for carving pumpkins. I want to see pictures of everyone's pumpkin carvings :)
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, today was okay - just sort of putzed around.  Wasn't nearly as productive as I should have been, but it's FRIDAY!!!

My idiot boss left at 3pm.  But whatever... his clock is ticking here, and it gives me the chance to sneak out an hour early, too!

Tomorrow I'm going to go play tennis with FI (we're both terrible, but we have fun knocking the ball around).  Then I'm going to finish my save the dates, and pick up my ring from the jewelers (they were appraising it).  Hopefully all save the dates will go in the mail next week!

Found out my parents won't be coming down for New Years as they had planned, so I won't get to see any of my family at all during the holidays.  I would have expected to be more disappointed, but it's not such a big deal.  We'll see if it bothers me then!  I think instead I'm going to go up for a weekend in early/mid December while FI is studying for his finals.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ftl- you're welcome, I tried that one day when I had a ton of carrots and nothing to do with them, haha.... and I loooved it! It was over the summer, but it made me think of thanksgiving. 

I totally agree re:counseling. We both said that was something important to us to do before marriage, and we think it's important to be proactive in relationships rather than reactive, especially knowing that the odds aren't great for marriages lasting in the civilian world, and the military has even higher divorce rates. Even though we both don't believe in divorce, there are a lot of people who said that who wind up divorced, so yeah. anyway... I'm really excited, too, because we found an awesome guy to work with us who is willing to do weekends and some skype sessions if need be; we're starting early because we'd rather try to do most if not all of them together, in person... we have read a bunch of books and done some workbooks together, but I'm sure we'll still learn some things from the sessions. :)

At the risk of sounding egotistical, I am a bad@ss when it comes to pumpkin carving. (Watch, I'll mess mine up this year! haha!) Definitely will need pics. I love ANY excuse to take pics, I LOVE pictures. haha. 

wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently losing my patience when people come in at 5:45 to do a 30 minute work out and they know we close at 6.  It is 6:05 and I can't start cleaning until everyone is gone.  I wish I had the balls to say "Get the Eff Out!" but.. I don't. 

This weekend, I'll be *hopefully* finishing up my apron, doing lots of math hw and I'm going to attempt to bake a German chocolate cake! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm super late to this...
    ... but also super hungry now :) So many tasty dishes!!

Running a 5k tomorrow, then doing dinner later in the evening. Sunday = absolutely nothing! This week was super busy, so I'm going to enjoy the down time.
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today was a sick day, which I thought would be full of cleaning and baking. But I was actually feeling really crappy still sooo I did a lot of nothing. Have my wedding album almost done though!!! Woot! Love my pro pics, I can't stop looking at them.

Tomorrow we're doing  "something Fall-ish" whatever that may be. H is all up in arms about it but we've been traveling and busy so much I just want a pumpkin or an apple or something! Pumpkin spice cupcakes and chicken and dumplings are on the menu!!

FTL--what's your stuffing recipe?? Gotta go apple and herb IMO. Lemme know if you need a recipe. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love a stuffing recipe from you!! :)
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me see if I can find a link, it's sort of morphed over the years so I just throw a bunch of stuff in a dish and bake.

ETA: Wow I cant believe it's still on foodnetwork.com. I don't stuff in a bird, so if you prefer, just put it in a baking dish and bake covered at 350* for 30min, uncovered for 15min. Ina's apple and herb stuffing clicky
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my hero :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards