New York-Upstate
Options

Lake George Club - reviews?

I am recently engaged and looking for information on the Lake George Club. Has anyone had any experiences with a wedding at this venue? What I've heard so far has been stellar, but I've been unable to find much information out there. I'm going to for a rustic, outdoor feel with a beautiful view, great food and a killer party. Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lake George Club - reviews?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister's friend had her wedding there and it great (according to my sister).  We looked into it but they don't do weddings duing July and August.  Happy planning!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I've learned that you have to be 'sponsored' by a member to actually have your wedding there, so that's our next challenge. My other concern is lodging in the area... most of the spaces available are beachy motels, and I'm not sure my downstate family will be comfortable in one of those venues. Did your sister's friend happen to mention where she stayed?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think my sister stayed at the Sagamore when they went but that's a little pricey.  For my Lake George wedding last month most of my guests stayed at the Ft. William Henry.  It's a big place that had more of a hotel feel than some of the dated motels and inns in the area.  It is about 20 minutes from the Lake George Club though.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help! We've decided to go with the Lake George Club, and I'm very excited to begin planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards