Florida-North Florida
Options

Ceremony

Our ceremony is finally set in stone, except for the vows we're writing ourselves.  What do you think?

Ashley and Jason want to extend their gratitude to all of you that have gathered here for this joyous event.  With unfaltering determination, this day has been planned to the infinite detail.  You, as witnesses, have the honor and pleasure of experiencing the fruits of their labor.

Bryan C**** will now lead you in prayer.  Please bow your heads.

Jason and Ashley, you both need to enjoy today.  Wrap yourselves in the love this day brings, and accept all that this day has to offer.  Take a deep breath, your journey begins now.

Your marriage can be all that you have dreamed.  Honor and respect should be the cornerstones to the foundation of love and trust. Don’t let the time come when you think to yourself…Have I told you lately…..”?

Jason, do you affirm your desire and intention to enter into this marriage?

I do.

Ashley, do you affirm your desire and intention to enter into this marriage?

I do.

Please turn to each other and take a good look at the person who looks back at you.  True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly lies.  With all the work that you have put into this relationship, it will now require extra dedication and a new resolve.

Jason: I love....
I love...
I love...
I promise...
I promise...
I promise...

Ashley: I love...
I love...
I love...
I promise...
I promise...
I promise...

Jason, please repeat after me

I, Jason
Take you, Ashley,
To be my wife.
To have and to hold
From this day forward
For better, for worse
For richer, for poorer
In sickness and in health
To love and to cherish
As long as we both shall live.

Ashley, please repeat after me

I, Ashley
Take you, Jason,
To be my husband.
To have and to hold
From this day forward
For better, for worse
For richer, for poorer
In sickness and in health
To love and to cherish
As long as we both shall live.

Sebastian S**** will now be reading

The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love.  Being true to your hearts, you are committing yourselves to one another.

Jason, place the ring on Ashley's finger and repeat after me

It is my honor
That you wear this ring
I commit to you
My heart and soul.
Please wear this ring
As a symbol
Of the vows we have spoken today.

Ashley, place the ring on Jason's finger and repeat after me

It is my honor
That you wear this ring
I commit to you
My heart and soul.
Please wear this ring
As a symbol
Of the vows we have spoken today.

Jason, please take Ashley’s engagement ring.  This ring was given as a symbol of promise and intention.  Now that the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled, this ring goes over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.

Sand Ceremony

Jason and Ashley, as these two containers of sand are poured into the third container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together, as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated and poured again into the individual containers, so will your marriage be, united as one for all of your days.

Remember that deep breath you took at the beginning of the ceremony?  When you are faced with a task in the days ahead, take a breath.  When there is tension in the air, take a breath.  And late at night when you can’t quite believe that your “spouse” is beside you…take a moment to catch your breath.

Inasmuch as Jason and Ashley have this day consented together, in holy wedlock, and have given a pledged their love to one another in front of these witnesses, by virtue of the authority vested in me under the laws of the state of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife.

Jason, you may kiss your bride.

It is my distinct honor and privilege to present for the very first time

Mr. and Mrs. Jason and Ashley C****

Re: Ceremony

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great.  The only thing that I would change is the first "Ashley and Jason".  I would flip the names so Jason comes first because that's the way it is throughout the rest of the ceremony.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_ceremony-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:b0fd8b02-13fd-472c-9424-3ef1cf439535Post:87f785ef-98c0-4544-a345-7e6e0f5b7901">Re: Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it sounds great.  The only thing that I would change is the first "Ashley and Jason".  I would flip the names so Jason comes first because that's the way it is throughout the rest of the ceremony.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

I didn't even notice that.  Good eye.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards