Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Hotels near home or Venue??

Hi Ladies -
My venue is a half hour away from my home.   most of our immediate family lives within 15 miles of us but we do have family coming from far away.   My question is should I recommend hotels that are close to the venue or close to my home?  we are having an an "after party" at my home after the wedding and i really dont want people driving from the wedding back to our house, then back to the hotel......your thoughts ??      Thanks!  

Re: Hotels near home or Venue??

• edited December 2011
    I would probably say near your home, but it's worth looking into what your hotel options are in both places. It's tough to find places without 2 night minumums anywhere from what I found. Or you could offer two options and let people know that there will be an after party.

If you have room in the budget, I think the best thing to do would be to have a hotel near your house, and offer a shuttle at the beginning and end of the night. I found White Tie limo to be the most affordable non-school bus option, but it depends where you are.
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend both - give guests some options.  And just let them know what spot they will be closer to.
  • edited December 2011
    I decided to use a hotel near my parents home, but I gave the name of hotels near my venue (that I did not contact for a rate).  I figured that the wedding is only one night & since so many people are going to be staying at my parents home anyway, this way maybe we can have a bonfire, clambake or BBQ with everyone. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards