Wedding Party

How many bridesmaids do you have? (clicky poll)

So what's the perfect number of bridesmaids for you? Are you going small or big?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Vacation tickers fibromyalgia Pictures, Images and Photos Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Nest!

Re: How many bridesmaids do you have? (clicky poll)

• I couldn't narrow it down, so I have 7. Sometimes, its difficult coordinating all of them and dealing with their opinions. Wish I would have thought about that before hand, but I wouldn't do it differently because I love my girls!
  • Well, 2 bridesmaids and 1 bridesman. But it was easy to decide since they're my 3 kids!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 2 - just my sisters.

My FH and I did a "Bridezillas" marathon a week ago. [It's OK to roll your eyes.] Of course, we mostly laughed, but there were some lessons:

1. DIY favors create crazy-stress, especially if you wait until the week of the wedding to do them.
    2. People show up late/skip the rehearsal.
    3. In/out of the bridal party creates all kinds of drama. As my family is drama-free, and my sisters especially, I feel I not just dodged some bullets, but destroyed any guns related to "If you don't come over tonight to help with favors, you're out of the wedding party" and "If you don't let me wear a lime green bridesmaid's dress, I don't want to be a bridesmaid."
  • JoeAnne2013JoeAnne2013 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    1 Maid of Honor - Sister
    1 Man of Honor - Brother
    1 Bridesmaid - Friend

Decided to keep things small, the less people in the bridal party the less stress! My brother, sister and I all have very similar styles/taste so we have all pretty much agreed on attire/etc. and my bridesmaid is so easy going she just doesn't care about the decisions I have made and is super excited to help out with anything!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am having 1 Maid of Honor- sister
    Maiden of Honor - daughter
    three Bridesmaid one best friend and two close cousins 
    Junior bridesmaid two my daughter and soon to be step daughter 
    we had to include all of our six kids he has three and I have three
    Mr. & Mrs. Griffin
  • Maid of Honor only.  My husband only had a Best Man.

No regrets.
  • 5 bridesmaids and 1 bridesman.  Stresses were minor, mainly about coordinating when everyone got into town.  Since I had a wide variety of body types and budgets were tight all around, I just told them to pick any black dress they wanted, which definitely prevented a lot of potential issues.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • 5 per side plus 1 JB and 3 JG
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • 4 - and I commited the cardinal sin of asking them before our 1 year mark. My MOH is my sister, and the other ladies are my very best friends so I am not worried about drama. They have been SO easygoing so far. I chose a dress I liked, had the two closest to me (geographically) try it on and sent pics to the others and everyone said they loved it and the case was closed. I feel so blessed and so happy I decided to keep it "small". 
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    <div>Ha I did the same thing - I've known most of them for a decade, and we haven't had a single fight in all that time.  I figure as long I don't go bridezillaish on them, there's no reason to start fighting now... and it tells me that if something goes wrong, it will be MY fault, not theirs!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_how-many-bridesmaids-do-you-have-clicky-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:6513d082-5f95-4e30-81d4-b0f9a8223367Post:d6c4e99a-3352-4750-b4a9-7485b9b4e223">Re: How many bridesmaids do you have? (clicky poll)</a>:
    [QUOTE]4 - and I commited the cardinal sin of asking them before our 1 year mark. My MOH is my sister, and the other ladies are my very best friends so I am not worried about drama. They have been SO easygoing so far. I chose a dress I liked, had the two closest to me (geographically) try it on and sent pics to the others and everyone said they loved it and the case was closed. I feel so blessed and so happy I decided to keep it "small". 
    Posted by WalkersFurMama[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1 MOH
    3 BM

2 "flower girls" - of sorts...

1 Best Man
    3 Groomsmen
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I have 4 BMs and an MOH. FI has 3 GMs and a BM.

The only "drama" so far has been some hurt feelings because my mother, who I love dearly, wants everything to be perfect for the showers/bach party and has wrestled control, guilted my MOH for being unable to attend and generally upped everyone's stress level. But all of my bridal party has known my mom for years, so I don't think this is a surprise to anyone.
    Lizzie
  • 2 MOH
    2 Bridesmaids

• I had 7. my 2 sisters, H's 2 sister, my 2 bffs and my brother's girlfriend (probably my SIL soon).  Drama free, but I think that has to do with who I chose, not how many people.
  • runpipparunrunpipparun member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    FIve honor attendants: my brother and my will-then-be sister-in-law, my old lindy hop performance partner and his wife who are my best friends, and one of my best friends from Argentine tango. He is having several vet school buddies, an ag frat buddy, and a female vet school friend.

ETA: I wish we could have narrowed it down, but I didn't think it was fair to choose between friends based on their respective genders.
  • 5- my sister (MOH), best friend since college, best friend since high school, his two sisters....

Drama free here! And to be honest, i would have asked one of his sisters over the other, just because we are closer but I couldn't ask just one of them. 
  • edited July 2012

I had 4 for mine, which felt pretty easy. I got to spend time with each of them that day. I am one of 8 in an upcoming wedding, and to be honest, I do not feel that special being part of a big group. It's also very complicated logistically with scheduling everyone for hair and makeup.

• I selected the "5" option, but I'm having a maid of honor, three bridesmaids, and one bridesman.  FI is having three groomsmen and two groomsmaids.
  • 1 MOH and 3 BMs. I had always thought I'd have three total, but I wanted to include my FSIL. But it evens out because one of my longtime friends who is becoming friends with my FI is on his side ;)  My sister is my MOH which saved me a lot of stress as far as picking between friends and hurting feelings, everyone was perfectly fine with my sister having the title ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am going BIG! Hehe. I have one MOH, then my three sisters, my four best friends from high school (and yes, I'm still tight with all of them even though it's been 10 years), and my former post-college roomie... so that's 9. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 5, one of which is a junior bridesmaid (future stepdaughter).  Also have 2 flower girls.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • 5, one of which is a junior bridesmaid (future stepdaughter).  Also have 2 flower girls.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I have 4, one MOH and 3 BMs. FI also has 4, one BM and 3 GMs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am going to have 6
    2 - His sisters that I love
    2 of my best friends
    1 I have not completely decided yet
    MOH was supposed to be my sister but now she says she isn't coming so I'll give her some time before I decide anything.

I have not officially asked anyone yet, but I will once I hit the year out mark. I am a little OCD and want everything done early so I can enjoy my family that is coming into town for the celebration.
  • edited July 2012
    4. My FSIL, and my 3 girlfriends from high school, the only ones I still keep in contact with.

Also, FI has 3. His brother is BM and my brother and one of his friends are GMs. We're having uneven sides, and people seem to think that's so weird...
  • 1 bm and an MOH, 2 on his side as well. Thats plenty for me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are totally lopsided. I have 3 - MOH (sister) and 2 BM who have been my best friends forever. FH has 2 brothers as best men and 4 GM! So we are 3 on 6!
  • 10 bridesmaids including 1 MOH and 4 Juniors

Everyone tells me I shouldn't have a huge wedding party but I have zero regrets and am excited to have so many ladies standing up with me.
  • I have 5- 1 Maid of Honor, 1 Matron of Honor, and 3 bridesmaids. There's also have 2 JR BMs, 2 FGs, 1 RB, and FI has a BM and 3 GM.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards