Maine
Options

Rustic/Barn venue: Other Options?

Howdy all, We're planning a venue search trip to ME in early March.  Originally we had hoped to find a barn to host our wedding but the few options I've found online seem to be rather pricey (for our budget).  Has anyone heard of any options that I may have missed? It seems that most of the barn-farm options are in Southern ME and even though I grew up around Acadia, can't think of anything on MDI or near there. Or have any suggestions for locations that might have that rustic feel but may not have a barn on-site?

We'd rather not go the tent route if possible just due to cost.  Wedding size is ~100....
Gracias!

Re: Rustic/Barn venue: Other Options?

• Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you know about Clarks Cove Farm in the midcoast?  It's gorgeous!  There is a beautiful barn, and you do it all yourself.  There is also an apartment rental on the property for brides.  You should look at their website.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
    My FI and I were looking for the exact type of feel for our wedding. We found that a lot of the barn venues were pricey, but we found an amazing lodge on the lake that has the same wood rustic feel and it is beautiful. If you send me your email I can send you some pics. Its in Winthrop ME

• Options
    kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine was also looking for the same "barn" vibe your describing but had a modest budget. She ended up finding the Lobster Barn in York and the wedding was so much fun, here's the website:  http://www.thelobsterbarn.com/page3.php
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A couple of places you might look at are Laudholm Farm in Wells, The Barn on Walnut Hill in Falmouth, and Cliffside Lodge in Poland Spring. Also there is a new event hall in Biddeford at the North Dam Mill. It is less like a barn and more edgy and rustic but very cool. We just went to a play there and I found out they are renting it out for events now. It's definitely a place to look into! Not sure if you have found a caterer yet but we are using The Blue Elephant from Saco and they are fantastic! I highly recommend them. Good luck and happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

try the merrill house at pineland farms. you can rent the hosue for liek 850 a night and they a big old barn that you can use too thats included!
    good luck!

• Options
    pearty88pearty88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wondering about the barn location in Winthrop.  We don't live too far from there and would love to know where it is and get some pics.

• Options
    pearty88pearty88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We would love to know the location of the lodge in Winthrop.  Sounds great!
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Please let me know about the option in Winthrop, Maine as my daughter is looking and we live in the area..thanks.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://maine.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_rusticbarn-venue-other-options?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:1b8ac7db-eb65-4ddd-9df5-0c8d2d8f7e9ePost:b59af7cd-c07e-4c67-988e-2290b9be299f">Re: Rustic/Barn venue: Other Options?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, My FI and I were looking for the exact type of feel for our wedding. We found that a lot of the barn venues were pricey, but we found an amazing lodge on the lake that has the same wood rustic feel and it is beautiful. If you send me your email I can send you some pics. Its in Winthrop ME
    Posted by mafyler[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN KNOWING WHERE THIS LOCATION IS IN WINTHROP</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards