Oregon

DOC trade?

Hi ladies - 

looking over all the stuff i have planned for decorating and seeing the tight time frame at my venue i don't think i'll be able to do it all myself and i don't want to make any of my wedding party miss pictures, rush getting dressed, etc

my wedding is in Vancouver- just across the bridge and i was wondering if there were any Portland area brides that would be interested in trading Day of Coordinating duties with me? I would coordinate for you - decorate, direct vendors, run around looking for tweezers, whatever, if you would be interested in doing the same for me

let me know what you think!

Re: DOC trade?

• edited December 2011
    That is so cool!! I wish I lived closer now ... doing something like that in Grants Pass would never fly. 
  • edited December 2011
    This is a great idea! I wish I could say yes right now.... Unfortunatly I'm in the Military and so is my Fiance, so I'm not sure I will still be here.  We are actually looking at the 5th of March of our wedding now (last min deployment moved it again :( )  Long story short LOL...If you haven't found someone closer I would love to help you out, If you wouldn't mind coming to Tillamook to help us out? 
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a wedding to trade with (unless you have a time machine and are willing to travel back to 2002) but if no one else is able/willing to do it, I'd love to.  I'm a stage manager by trade and training, so this is what I do, basically.  We could work out some other swap if you feel the need for it - you can help me wash my windows or something :-P
  • edited December 2011
    If my wedding wasn't 3 weeks after yours I would definitely say yes, but something tells me I am going to be stressing about my own wedding far tooo much by then. That would be awesome, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea, but I can't plan anything that far out. Not even my own wedding! Have you tried posting on the local Craig's List?
  • edited December 2011
    honestly - i'm a little afraid of craigslist.  silly i know, i've bought stuff off of there but i am always really freaked out, but i will try posting on Off Beat Bride

@DramaGeek - i will keep you in mind! i am pretty good at window washing :)
  • edited December 2011
    I"m on OBB too :)

I'd offer, but my wedding is in september, and I'm scared to plan that far out in advanced.  I wish you the best of luck though...

I"m flying solo on that stuff myself... I'm thinking about asking an aunt to help me with queuing things up
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    I'm turning to my sister in law for this stuff. I trust her judgment 100 percent and she knows what I want. Then again, I'm not expecting any major problems. And with my short hair, it's not like that is going to take hours to do on the wedding day!!
  • edited December 2011
    sounds like a great idea i'm on board let me know
    59 image 4 image 0 image 55image RSVP Date: August 1 2010
  • SaltysailorSaltysailor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a fantastic idea!  I'm getting married in July of 2011 so this might totally work.  There would be enough time before my wedding so that I wouldn't be fretting about mine and enough time after your wedding that the post wedding exhaustion will most likely not be bothering you anymore.  Where are you getting married at?  We are going to be getting married at the coast.  Let's chat a bit more to see if this would work for you and me both!  
    Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards