Chit Chat

Underwear box for gag gift...

Has anyone seen this done or done it? It's a box with a bunch of underwear tied together, each with a little tag (thong - diaper) that indicates the bride throughout the marriage... I want to do this for a bachelorette gag gift (and give an actual nice gift) but can't find the tags or any info on it online anywhere... any help would be appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Underwear box for gag gift...

• I've never seen this and I'm also not crazy about this idea. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • At my friend's bridal shower, her MOH/sister actually did this.  She did it very cute and tastefully, though.  Here is one I found when I googled it.  You could change it a little so it's more personalized.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/29800/the-cutest-bridal-shower-gift-ever-panty-poem

And, actually, reading through, this might have been kind of what she used, but I think she added a few of her own.  She had them all tied together in a little box and they got pulled out one at a time and she read the tag aloud.  Then at the end, after the poem, she just pulled out a bunch of cute pairs that were just extra.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Such a waste of money and not remotely funny.

• SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    I have to agree with PPs, especially after looking at the link, that this is in poor taste. As the bride, I would be mortified at best, and more likely, insulted and angry with the giver.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_underwear-box-for-gag-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:d9c322d5-fcc3-4a66-a9a2-53081e6d38d8Post:005bfeae-339d-4660-ad34-43a87ba1ac80">Re:Underwear box for gag gift...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to agree with PPs, especially after looking at the link, that this is in poor taste. As the bride, I would be mortified at best, and more likely, insulted and angry with the giver.
    Posted by SKPM[/QUOTE]

Insulted and angered, really?

I mean, it's not in the best taste, but as a gag gift, I just don't see what there is to get up in arms about?

I went to a bach where we had to bring a (new) pair of underwear for the bachelorette and she had to guess who brought it.  It was actually pretty funny, but I guess you have to know your audience.
  • This is NMS and I can see where it could get embarrassing really quickly.  (I would have been mortified to get this.) I would only do this if you know it will be taken the right way by the bride and that she would be comfortable participating in something like this with the group that will be at the bachelorette.  If you have any sort of inkling that it wouldn't go over well, I'd skip this.  I've seen wine bottles on a wine rack presented with a poem for special future occassions - similar idea, less embarassment for the receiver.
    Anniversary

• I vote tacky and offensive.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think it's tacky, I just don't see what's so great about it.
  • Not sure if you are thinking this, but for my best friends wedding we did the "panty poem," and it was a huge hit!  I did it for another friend who did it for her friend as well... hope my friends do one for me too!  Google "panty poem for bridal shower" and you'll see different options for the versus, but this is the one i used:

you need a total of 8 pairs of underware (white, sexy lace any color, red, leopard or purple, light pink, light blue, any color panty, and any color "granny panty")

Bridal Shower Panty Poem

The bridesmaids have a secret to share
    About our little bride
    She is obsessed with underwear
    And that we cannot hide

So for our little panty queen
    We gathered up some twine
    And working as a friendly team
    We made a panty line.

Alternate verse if no clothesline available:
    So for our special panty queen
    We'll make her feel just fine
    By working as a friendly team
    To form a panty line.

(Bride's name) these undies are to last you
    All throughout your life
    And (groom's name) will be pleased to say
    He has a sexy wife!

So listen up to hear about
    Your lifelong panty plan
    These underwear, we have no doubt
    Will last your whole life span

The first are for your wedding day
    Of course they are pure white
    We know (groom's name) will shout, "Hooray!"
    When he sees you on that night

The next are for your honeymoon
    They're sexy and all lace
    We hope you'll leave your hotel room
    'Cause (honeymoon destination)'s a gorgeous place!

On Valentine's you'll wear this pair
    Before you hit the bed
    Cuz Cupid's arrow in the air
    Shoots tushies that are red

After a year has passed you'll face
    Anniversary number one
    With these you'll surely have a blast
    'Cuz leopard's so much fun!

Purple or an alternate color or print could be chosen in place of leopard in the verse above

Then when the time is right for you
    And don't be saying, "Maybe"
    You'll wear your little pink or blue
    In honor of your baby

And when your years of wedding bliss
    Become the big 2-5
    Don't worry - you'll just slip this on
    To keep the sparks alive

When finally you're old and gray
    With these you can't go wrong
    'Cuz sorry (Bride's name) but at that age
    You just can't wear a thong

It's been a hit at every shower I've seen it at. 

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_underwear-box-for-gag-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:d9c322d5-fcc3-4a66-a9a2-53081e6d38d8Post:a1ccb5a3-db1f-4afc-af96-6de97af8c1a9">Re: Underwear box for gag gift...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if you are thinking this, but for my best friends wedding we did the "panty poem," and it was a huge hit!  I did it for another friend who did it for her friend as well... hope my friends do one for me too!  Google "panty poem for bridal shower" and you'll see different options for the versus, but this is the one i used: you need a total of 8 pairs of underware (white, sexy lace any color, red, leopard or purple, light pink, light blue, any color panty, and any color "granny panty") Bridal Shower Panty Poem The bridesmaids have a secret to share About our little bride She is obsessed with underwear And that we cannot hide So for our little panty queen We gathered up some twine And working as a friendly team We made a panty line. Alternate verse if no clothesline available: So for our special panty queen We'll make her feel just fine By working as a friendly team To form a panty line. (Bride's name) these undies are to last you All throughout your life And (groom's name) will be pleased to say He has a sexy wife! So listen up to hear about Your lifelong panty plan These underwear, we have no doubt Will last your whole life span The first are for your wedding day Of course they are pure white We know (groom's name) will shout, "Hooray!" When he sees you on that night The next are for your honeymoon They're sexy and all lace We hope you'll leave your hotel room 'Cause (honeymoon destination)'s a gorgeous place! On Valentine's you'll wear this pair Before you hit the bed Cuz Cupid's arrow in the air Shoots tushies that are red After a year has passed you'll face Anniversary number one With these you'll surely have a blast 'Cuz leopard's so much fun! Purple or an alternate color or print could be chosen in place of leopard in the verse above Then when the time is right for you And don't be saying, "Maybe" You'll wear your little pink or blue In honor of your baby And when your years of wedding bliss Become the big 2-5 Don't worry - you'll just slip this on To keep the sparks aliveWhen finally you're old and gray With these you can't go wrong 'Cuz sorry (Bride's name) but at that age You just can't wear a thong   It's been a hit at every shower I've seen it at. 
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is tacky too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think it's offensive, insuilting, or anything to be angered by.....I just don't really think it's that funny.  Plus I think most women probably want to buy their own style/size of underwear.....so probably not useful either.  Just my opinion.
  • When I was a bridemaid the sister of the bride gave two nightgowns - a cute/sexy one labeled for honeymoon and a flannel one labeled for the rest of your marriage.  I thought that was pretty cute/funny.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re:Underwear box for gag gift...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Underwear box for gag gift...:I have to agree with PPs, especially after looking at the link, that this is in poor taste. As the bride, I would be mortified at best, and more likely, insulted and angry with the giver.Posted by SKPMInsulted and angered, really?I mean, it's not in the best taste, but as a gag gift, I just don't see what there is to get up in arms about?I went to a bach where we had to bringnbsp;a new pair of underwear for the bachelorette and she had to guess who brought it.nbsp; It was actually pretty funny, but I guess you have to know your audience. Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

Insulted at the implication that marriage is equated with having babies mainly, not the underwear.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • I have seen this done and didn't thinki it was tacky, offensive, disgusting or gross.  I thought it was cute and a funny lilttle way to bring some laughter to the event.  The bride thought it was really funny and really liked some of hte underwear that was picked for her.  I definitely think this is where you need to know your audience though.  First think of the bride, how will she take it?  Then the guests there, in particular, grandmothers, aunts, etc?  Will any of them think it is horribly rude or disgusting??  Then I would go from there.  You know your friends and family best so it's really up to you.  I know my cousin who is getting married in January would love this and plan on doing it for her, but my friend who is getting married next June I will be doing the wine poem instead because I don't think she would appreciate the panty poem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's a gag gift!  Get over it
  • The last thing I want at my shower or ever, really is people mentally debating whether or not my rather sizable ass will fit into those panties. I try not to give people reasons to think of my ass at all.
  • I think it all depends on the bride and how well you know her- I know a few girls who would think this is adorable and a few that would be super embarrased (Including myself). I would think if you gave this gift you would already know the brides position on having children so no big deal with leaving that part out if shes not interested. I would think this would be more a bachelorette party gift than bridal shower though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
  • Pretty sure the original post was someone wanting more info on this... not for people to say how bad an idea it is.  It's fine if you don't like it, but considering many people have enjoyed it, who are you to say anything negative about it!?  I thought the purpose of these blogs were to SHARE info, not judge people.  So get over it if you don't like it, and if you do, I hope it helped you find what you were looking for.  My friends and I are pretty conservative, and we all loved it.  Know your bride, know your audience, and if done tastefully, it's fun for all.    

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_underwear-box-for-gag-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:d9c322d5-fcc3-4a66-a9a2-53081e6d38d8Post:08792625-9322-43cc-ab28-1e30f283f07e">Re:Underwear box for gag gift...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Underwear box for gag gift...: Spoken like someone who isn't unable or unwilling to have children.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

There's two lines about having a baby in the whole poem - which could easily be omitted if needed.  And about a dozen other people replied to this post who didn't think it was offensive so I'm not sure why you chose to fire this missive at me.  Speaking of rude and insulting.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards