Snarky Brides

The Color Run

Has anyone seen this or done one? www.thecolorrun.com  

CN: It is a 5k run that requires its runners to start in white. As they reach a "k" volunteers hit them with a color powder (totally non toxic) until the end.  It looks awesome.  

ETA: Trying and failing at making a clicky.
imageVacation

Re: The Color Run

• Yes! I was seriously considering doing the one in KC, but I don't know if it's going to work out. 
  • I considered doing the Charlotte one with friends, but, we're not runners.  Sooooo by the time we got to the mile markers they'd probably be out of color. 

It looks like a lot of fun though. 
  • Any- I hope it does work out for you!  I think I am going to try to do the Memphis run. It isn't until October, so a ton may change until then.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:aef9b477-3b57-4f26-b5d0-01303d210e20">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any- I hope it does work out for you!  I think I am going to try to do the Memphis run. It isn't until October, so a ton may change until then.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh that'd be good too!  I'll be in school and working every Saturday, or I'd definitely start working on it so I could join you there.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:753a887e-02e9-4b32-bcf2-eb55fcc62f60">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Color Run : Oh that'd be good too!  I'll be in school and working every Saturday, or I'd definitely start working on it so I could join you there.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Where in Arkansas are you from?  (I just noticed that in your info!) </div>
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:b91821d4-05e5-499f-b88c-37da331bba77">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Color Run : Where in Arkansas are you from?  (I just noticed that in your info!) 
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

<div>Fort Smith!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:f33e8d7f-f0a0-4a15-8550-e0a571632f1f">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Color Run : Fort Smith!

<div>
    </div><div>Fairly close to us! We live in Conway and are getting married in Fayetteville (where FI's family is from ).</div>
    imageVacation
  • I like Fayetteville, I haven't been up there nearly enough. There's a couple girls here down in LR I've been meaning to visit too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:edb6670e-a90e-47b6-9e39-66beb08fb8d0">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Fayetteville, I haven't been up there nearly enough. There's a couple girls here down in LR I've been meaning to visit too!

<div>I need to lurk less and chat more. I didn't realize that there were other girls in this area.  I love NWA. FI and I hope to move there in a few years if it is possible. </div>
    imageVacation
  • My friends did the Color Run here in Austin. Its like a 5K through a Holi festival. They all had great fun. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I did the Atlanta Color Run a few weeks back notice the sig pic and it was a blast! I highly recommend it. I'm not really a "runner" but I jogged/walked it and it was great fun. I definitely plan to do it next year. Register early! The ATL one filled up so fast that they decided to do a second one the next weekend.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • And for some reason TK mobile app erases half of my punctuation. I apologize.
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:34d7bba9-01cc-4f57-83a5-4f9d9601f92d">Re:The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did the Atlanta Color Run a few weeks back notice the sig pic and it was a blast! I highly recommend it. I'm not really a "runner" but I jogged/walked it and it was great fun. I definitely plan to do it next year. Register early! The ATL one filled up so fast that they decided to do a second one the next weekend.
    Posted by MelissaAnne88[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the advice! It wasn't open yet so I will have to watch it pretty closely.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Did the stuff wash out of your clothes/shoes?</div>
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:3ce1ea76-c582-4c6b-b836-061663b01761">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Color Run : You should.  Yes.  Um, I'll be waiting for you.  <----- creeper
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Deadline is passed =( But when I go visit k-jal eventually, I will come see you too!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:99a0989e-d38f-40da-8a4e-7ee339c30775">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Color Run : Yea!  We've (k-jal and I) tried to get together but it fell through at the last minute but we're still going to - she's moving close for med school.  My mom is from AR but I haven't been since my g-ma's funeral about 5 years ago.  :-(  Oh, tiny, tiny AR town on the MO/AR border so no where near you (I don't think). OOOOh, we should do a Lake of the Ozarks gtg with k-jal!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I vote yes. I just need some free Saturdays. Blah.

</div>
  • I'm just hear because I heard my name.  I'm down for a get together whenever until the end of July.
  • Well, after July works too my schedule just gets a lot busier.
  • I can do either.  As of April 30 I'll be around KC full time and unemployed (read: bored).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_the-color-run?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7411ada1-a88f-45ba-baaa-78dbba25ed41Post:b5483b53-f2bf-4d73-9b6c-888effad1d8e">Re: The Color Run</a>:
    [QUOTE]So are we talking KC or Ozarks?   I'm down with either.  I think I have one weekend in June that I'm definitely out (June 16 - Royals at the Cards game-woot!).  Other than that, I just have random hair/facial appts but that shouldn't prevent a gtg.   SEWF, you too!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm out the weekend of June 8th, but after that I can't think of anything we're doing until August.</div>
  • We do have a place.  We get the keys May 15th, so we'll be living with my parents first, but H starts his new job on the 30th, so we didn't really have a choice.  My work was less than pleased when my last day was moved 2 weeks forward, but I don't care.  They still had plenty of notice.
  • Overland Park
  • In Response to Re:The Color Run:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:The Color Run:I did the Atlanta Color Run a few weeks back notice the sig pic and it was a blast! I highly recommend it. I'm not really a "runner" but I jogged/walked it and it was great fun. I definitely plan to do it next year. Register early! The ATL one filled up so fast that they decided to do a second one the next weekend.Posted by MelissaAnne88Thanks for the advice! It wasn't open yet so I will have to watch it pretty closely. nbsp;Did the stuff wash out of your clothes/shoes? Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Mostly. My shoes are still tinted pink and I have a slight tiedye effect on the back of my sports bra. Don't wear new clothes or ones that you're emotionally attached to. I also had a green streak in my hair about two days after.
  • I'm doing the Color Run in Denver at the end of May. It looks like so much fun and I can't wait. Remember sign up fast, it sold out quickly here. I'm not a big runner, but I'm trying to work out more and be healthier. I figured it looked like a fun run to try.

• I JUST registered for one in Philly. I'm excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards