New York-Long Island

Vetro's in Howard Beach vs. Crest Hollow of Woodbury

Hello Ladies,

I need advice.

My fiance and I have visited a number of venue's and have narrowed it down to 2 choices. Vetro's in Howard Beach vs. Crest Hollow of Woodbury.

Crest Hollow is absolutely beautiful and quite elaborate. I love the grounds. The ballroom didn't really excite me as it was alittle dim and dated. The rest of the ground and the amenities are beautiful though. The other con i have with it is that none of the days we wanted were available so we are kind of bending backwards to hold the wedding on a holiday weekend.

Vetro was also quite stunning inside. The Murano room was BEAUTIFUL. It was so bright and yet, quaint. I loved it. They had one of the days that we were looking for but the price was a bit high.

Has anyone had a wedding or attended a event at either of these venue's. I really would like a review on Vetro as there isn't much said about it.

Thanks Ladies and please HELP!!   Smile

Re: Vetro's in Howard Beach vs. Crest Hollow of Woodbury

• alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i responded on reception board :)

• edited December 2011
    Hi, I live in Howard Beach and have been to Vetro several times. The food is excellent and the decor is impeccable. However, I don't believe the room holds more than 100 guests, so it's fine if you are keeping your wedding on the smaller side. My parents got married at Crest Hollow over 30 yrs. ago, and my mom really wanted us to look at it. However, when my fiance and I youtubed the entrance, we both did not like it at all. The cocktail by the pool outside looks beautiful, but the interior looked very dated to us, so we did not bother. Hope this was of some help. :)
  • edited December 2011
    HI !  We booked Crest Hollow for our wedding, i felt the same way you did also. Last week took a trip out there to speak with my wedding coordinator and was delighted to find out that the facility is undergoing renovations, our room the plaza looks MUCH better! Crest Hollow's prices have also changed as told by my coordinator. have you visited Swan Club, The Inn in New Hyde Park or Leonard's?

P.S we are getting married Labor day  night and we are paying 60 per person totaling to close to 78 per person after tax/gratuity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards