Canada

Thanks for being so nice Canadian Knotties, the Etiquette Board wants to chew me up and spit me out!

RE: a post I made (called FYI, This is the ETIQUETTE board) about all the BS you can find on any given day on the Etiquette board, most of which has nothing to do with wedding planning etiquette whatsoever.... grrrr!

Re: Thanks for being so nice Canadian Knotties, the Etiquette Board wants to chew me up and spit me out!

• RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_thanks-being-nice-canadian-knotties-etiquette-board-wants-chew-up-spit-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:4ab56887-e4a3-4e8b-bd25-446d2a953316Post:8fb60968-2c75-4bdc-8d10-b91b98b13567">Thanks for being so nice Canadian Knotties, the Etiquette Board wants to chew me up and spit me out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]RE: a post I made (called FYI, This is the ETIQUETTE board) about all the BS you can find on any given day on the Etiquette board, most of which has nothing to do with wedding planning etiquette whatsoever.... grrrr!
    Posted by colinandkellie[/QUOTE]

No crap. You post something like that, and run? If you are going to make statements, at least stick around and defend yourself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That was really cowardly.  Bad job.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yea, you girls here better make sure you don't post anything non wedding or Canada related (this is the CANADA board, afterall)
  • edited December 2011
    This post is not about Canada!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • WildRumpusWildRumpus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww...how cute you are!
  • mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? I mean, really. I'm rolling my eyes at you.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remember, board subject specific only!!
  • edited December 2011
    By my count, you went over there and chewed them out first. You didn't really think they wouldn't respond, did you?

God knows, most of us don't get our post counts (or former post counts) because we sit around planning our weddings all day. How dull would that be? FWIW, I've met some great, supportive wonderful people on the boards, and that wouldn't have happened if we stuck to business.
  • edited December 2011
    Yum. you were tasty.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_thanks-being-nice-canadian-knotties-etiquette-board-wants-chew-up-spit-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:4ab56887-e4a3-4e8b-bd25-446d2a953316Post:4ae5fb09-033d-43c7-a110-fd44c340e713">Re: Thanks for being so nice Canadian Knotties, the Etiquette Board wants to chew me up and spit me out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]By my count, you went over there and chewed them out first. You didn't really think they wouldn't respond, did you? God knows, most of us don't get our post counts (or former post counts) because we sit around planning our weddings all day. How dull would that be? FWIW, I've met some great, supportive wonderful people on the boards, and that wouldn't have happened if we stuck to business.
    Posted by kaesha[/QUOTE]

<div>You're smart. Come visit us anytime.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_thanks-being-nice-canadian-knotties-etiquette-board-wants-chew-up-spit-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:4ab56887-e4a3-4e8b-bd25-446d2a953316Post:3c0fe7e0-cd17-473e-a8e5-cfea5e6902cf">Re: Thanks for being so nice Canadian Knotties, the Etiquette Board wants to chew me up and spit me out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thanks for being so nice Canadian Knotties, the Etiquette Board wants to chew me up and spit me out! : You're smart. Come visit us anytime.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

She has before, I think..
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]This post is not about Canada!
    Posted by ThePinkSuperhero[/QUOTE]

This has me lol-ing for real.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You do realize that if you click the little magnifying glass under your post, EVERYONE can see your posts. Good job!!
  • mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaesha comes to P&E periodically.  She's cool, gorgeous wedding too.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry hun, but I'm the moderator on both there on E and here Canada, and even I don't get to tell people what to do (other than blatant disregard for the Knot rules).
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    aww, Ringpop is always so damn nice, even when shes pointing out idiocy.
  • edited December 2011
    This is the longest thread title ever.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • edited December 2011
    Ring_pop deserves a knottie nobel prize.
    my read shelf:
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gald you think we're nice, but these boards are not only for information.  After months of planning together, everyone in the board (no matter what board) becomes a support system - and it's a good thing to have when you are having a bad day.

If anything, the Canada board will have more general day to day posts because a lot of us live in the same area and can talk about the things going on around us.

If you want everyone to be nice to you, you need to be nice as well!
  • edited December 2011

Aw, thanks mocha! That's really sweet of you!

Ladies, thanks for the P&E invite - I've popped over occasionally over the years. All the beebees, while entertaining, give me a headache after a while.

• edited December 2011
    Yikes, I read your original post, it's a good idea to lurk and get a good idea for the feel of a board before you post anything, especially a scathing comment like that.
    P & E/ Etiquette is about 95% NWR, thats why it's so many people's favourite.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I've never seen anything like this in the Canada posts before....  I guess we don't take things so personally here and it is not our style to be so harsh on eachother...I truly hope it continues that way.

Having said that, I learned a lesson based on your experience:
    Think twice, post once...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards