New York-Long Island

Carlyle on the Green

Hi everyone - I recently got engaged and am looking to book a place/date sooner rather than later as my fiance and i want to get married in August of next year - so a lot to do. Has anyone been to Carlyle on the Green? I really like that place and am thinking of booking. The reviews I've read so far sound promising but wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I should really know about. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Carlyle on the Green

• edited December 2011
    I've been there for a business christmas party. It was beautiful. But i think they are expensive
  • edited December 2011
    yea they are a bit. do you have any suggestions on other venues?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Fox Hollow in May, it is beautiful there and I have heard nothing but great things about them. They are very reasonably priced, great food and they have outdoor gardens for pictures. One place I really like but it's alittle too far 
    East is The Eastwind, it is sooo beautiful there. GL :)
  • rtabbitartabbita member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carlyle on the Green is absolutely beautiful! Although it wasn't the place I ended up booking for the wedding it was my first choice.  The grounds are pretty and wonderful for pictures, the hall itself is lovely (especially the reception room) and I heard great things about the service and food.  If you love it and can afford then go for it.  Unfortunately, it was a little too expensive so we never booked there.  
    I would recommend you go see it.  
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen it..and we're going tomorrow to finalize everything and hopefully book. I just wanted to gauge how the brides on this site viewed it. thanks for confirming that this place is good. I do agree its a bit pricey BUT  you only live once i guess.
    :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I loved Carlyle on the Green.  I've heard nothing but great things as well about the place.  They were pricey though.  175 per head for a saturday in June!
  • edited December 2011
    I recently booked at East Wind and while yes, it is far, it is GORGEOUS! I knew I didn't want a place anyone else I knew had theirs (westbury manor, fox hollow, milleridge inn, etc) and from the second I walked in I knew I wanted to have our reception there. I got a great price for a June 2012 wedding and the manager included an ice cream bar and chair covers at no extra cost. Would HIGHLY recommend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards