Not Engaged Yet

SUP with a Flygurl! *PIP*

Aloha ladies, like Meg said we would have pictures for you.  It was an awesome day to SUP, the sun was out, it was warm, the only down side is that there were waves and it was a bit choppy on the water.  I have been launching my paddle baord from this beach for a while now and this is the first time that I have seen waves of a large size come in on such an otherwise calm day.  But Meg braved and she went out.  But let's set up the day.....

I got there early so I joined in a SUP Shape fitness class....
Push ups!  There were other various work outs but I won't bore you with them.

Then Meg arrived!

So we did our cliffside yoga

Then headed out on the water to SUP, it was choppy out there but Meg held her own! She's going to be a pro in no time.

Just to give you an idea of what it was like to paddle out I took a picture of the waves.

Then we came in to call it a day.  We are Paddle buddies!

Group shot of, me, Danish Man, his sisters, Meg and my friend Don, SUP gang.

Best of all I took Meg to one of my favorite Vietnamese fusion restaurants.  So hungry after SUP:  Meg won a free hat and tank top in a raffle and now we*re hat twins.

Such an awesome day, and I can't wait to get Meg back out on the water or head to her neck of the woods and hike or SUP on the lake.

Re: SUP with a Flygurl! *PIP*

• Thanks for posting your awesome pics Lyn!! 

Everyone, I LOVED the SUP-venture and had such a blast with Lyn.  (Pssst - don't tell her but she's really fun, makes me laugh, and is just like I thought she would be, but even cooler!)

Confession-time: I didn't stand all the way up on my stand-up-paddle.  Not this time.  It was so choppy and I was just stoked to be up on my knees.  NEXT time when it's flat I'm getting all the way up.  And I'm trying to convince Lyn & Danish Man (oh - he's awesome too!) to come up and visit me; the boys can go mountain-biking while us girls paddle.  Um, or we'll all just paddle. 

Lastly, if you're wondering were my FI is . . . game one of Lakers play-offs was today and he has season tickets.  I felt selfish making him miss the game to come paddle when we can paddle another time.  I'm stoked I made it out with Lyn and I'm stoked the Lakers WON!!!
  • Looks like you guys had a great time!!! <3  Next time I come down we are doing it ok?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I wish I were there.
  • Looks like you had a lot of fun! :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Raven - YES!!
    Elle - I think we're gonna paddle at the EG2G.  Just sayin!!
    Kaitlyn - we did!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sup-with-a-flygurl-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:58cf7c50-ee92-48d1-93d1-4134d5a649cePost:cde1f19a-e60e-42ea-aeb8-7718d28148bd">Re: SUP with a Flygurl! *PIP*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raven - YES!! <strong>Elle - I think we're gonna paddle at the EG2G</strong>.  Just sayin!! Kaitlyn - we did!!
    Posted by flygirlmeg[/QUOTE]

Stop it.
  • Looks like a blast! California seems like an awesome place to live!
    5/27/12
  • wow sounds like an amazing time! so jealous.

Anniversary

• That looks awesome! And cliffside yoga? Um yes! How was the Vietnamese Fusion?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Looks like you gals had such a great time! 

I can't wait to try this at the EG2G. I will probably be awful at it, but I bet it'll be fun :)

• The Vietnamese fusion was sooooo good!!  I had hawaiian sausage, rice & eggs with a green papaya salad.  Lyn had green eggs & ham (green because of the aioli that was on there).  Danishman's sisters ordered these fantastic tempura eggs . . . poached eggs in tempura batter.  SO, SO good!!!  Would love to go back there!

RDR - you won't be bad.  You can stay on your knees the whole time like I did.  But we'll be on a lake so it should be calm and I'm thinking you'll be able to stand up.  That's my goal for next time.  As FI says, "baby, it's called STAND-UP paddle because you're supposed to stand up!!"

Also, I'm sore this morning!!  My back, arms and shoulders . . . must all be from the paddling.  Oh yeah, and I feel super skinny today too - it works the core a LOT!  You don't really notice it while you're out there because you're having so much fun.  That's my kind of workout! 
  • That looked like a lot of fun!  I second the awesomeness of cliff side yoga.  

These images remind me why I am sometimes bummed about being stuck in the Midwest.  I have long wanted to move to the west coast, especially around Seattle, but I have ties keeping me here.  I guess there are always vacations...

• RDR- You're going to do great and I bet you that I will have you standing up within the hour.  All of you ladies will! Just you wait, I got your back lady.

Meg-I woke up this morning and realized that my butt was sore and wasn't sure how I managed that, also the back of my legs and the sides of my torso.  SUP is an all body work out, once you master standing up then you're working out your quads as well.  I feel it in my upper back from the strokes I do.  Keep this up and by your wedding you will be one toned woman!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_sup-with-a-flygurl-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:58cf7c50-ee92-48d1-93d1-4134d5a649cePost:981ac243-2390-4823-a438-93ef49bc0de0">Re: SUP with a Flygurl! *PIP*</a>:
    [QUOTE]RDR- You're going to do great and I bet you that I will have you standing up within the hour.  All of you ladies will! Just you wait, I got your back lady. Meg-I woke up this morning and realized that my butt was sore and wasn't sure how I managed that, also the back of my legs and the sides of my torso.  SUP is an all body work out, once you master standing up then you're working out your quads as well.  I feel it in my upper back from the strokes I do.  Keep this up and by your wedding you will be one toned woman!
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!  That's why I need to buy a board and walk it to the lake every single morning and evening that I actually get to be home in BB.  I feel GREAT today!! 
    I checked Craigslist but didn't find anything I wanted - will keep an eye on it though.  Also, I want to look at how you mount yours on your car.  Where did you get that set-up?

And RDR - Lyn's a great teacher - you'll be SUP-ing in no time!!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm really excited about this :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards