April 2013 Weddings

My Grandma is awesome!

My FMIL offered to purchase the favors for our wedding which we were very grateful for but of course it came with strings.  None of the favors I liked she liked and it was a back and forth between us.  I don't want to fight with her or seem ungrateful so I let her win and we are having these tradition Italian favors.  Well, I was talking to my Grandmother about how I really wanted these luggage tag favors that we could also use as placecards the other day and next thing I knew she was online buying them for us!!

So now my FMIL is happy and I'm happy too!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Grandma is awesome!

• Yay for Grandma!  I've learned that you never mess with Italian traditions (5 jordan almonds, right?  Wink)  My BFF had those sitting on each place setting and had the favors at a seperate table.  Same thing - a nice compromise without getting rid of any traditions.  Glad it all worked out for you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Yay for it working out! 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Grandma to the rescue!!  Dave's grandma has come to our rescue (or at least mine) a few times during the planning process so I know how you feel :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_my-grandma-is-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:2f486c0b-a8d7-40f5-9b0f-9e80c507dc24Post:dcb78886-3b97-4bd7-a2ca-4332338a92bc">Re: My Grandma is awesome!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for Grandma!  I've learned that you never mess with Italian traditions<strong> (5 jordan almonds, right?  )</strong>  My BFF had those sitting on each place setting and had the favors at a seperate table.  Same thing - a nice compromise without getting rid of any traditions.  Glad it all worked out for you!
    Posted by ChiGirl2013[/QUOTE]

You are totally right!! And she wants to wrap it in a big lace dollie that she says is elegant. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think those 5 jordan almonds have made an appearance at every Italian wedding since the creation of Italy.  lol  I remember being about 6 or 7 when my mom's cousin married into an Italian family and we got those jordan almonds.  We played hockey with them on the table at the reception.  I had no idea they were actually edible!  I was a rotten kid.  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards