Christian Weddings
Options

What did you do this weekend? WR or NWR?

Hi All!

WR
We finished our invitations and mailed them out!  Final count was 211 invited!  It feels good to have it out of the way and know exactly what our official count it!  Now to have them start coming back!

NWR
We hung out at the mall and just window shopped lol!  After sending out all the invitations and thinking about how much more we have to pay, we decided that some stuff we normally would just go buy without thinking wasn't so important!
Ok - we still bought some stuff, but not the goofy stuff that we normally would!  We had fun just spending time together and then Sunday was church and Father's Day with his family cause mine is too far away.  Rounded out the weekend playing board games!

Great weekend!

Cool

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What did you do this weekend? WR or NWR?

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    WR
    Met with the first florist.  Holy sticker shock!!  So now that we have a ballpark idea on what things cost, we just have to evaluate the budget and see what we can do with flowers. 

NWR
    Church this morning and the Father's Day Cookout.  FI's birthday is today, but he took the youth group he's interning with to camp, and we won't see each other until the middle of July, so we'll celebrate later.
  • Options
    jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: 
    Made some decisions on what we need to purchase (accessories) for the ceremony and reception. 

NWR: 
    We went to Dorney Park yesterday, and finally had some "us" time afterwards. Today we went to church, and I cheered for the church's softball double headers.  Now, I'm packing up my apartment... and moving back home this weekend.  Busy busy! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TwylaB123TwylaB123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR
    Purchased containers for centerpieces, worked on favors, made flip-flop "gift" shoes for bridesmaids (longstanding joke), tried on gown with FMIL to determine what alterations we needed to have done in addition to the bustle (decided we probably don't need any--yay!), bought jewelry to go with gown.

NWR
    Taught at all-day summer ministry prep session, attended church, worked on getting new house ready for FI to move in after wedding--much remains to be done, but progress was made.
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, since I'm married, the weekend was totally NWR.

Yesterday DH and I went car shopping.  We are trying to decide between a Honda Accord and a Honda CR-V.  We test drove both cars.  We are still undecided.  I have a hard time spending that much money without REALLY thinking hard about it.  After car shopping we went to the Outlets and didn't really find much so we came home after a stop at Target.  Then my neighbors had a graduation party for their son so we went to that for a while.

Today was church, lunch with dad and an evening get-together at my sister's house.

There was one WR thing this weekend - I brought my new wedding photo book to my sister's house to show my mom, sister and sister's MIL.  My BIL and his father also wanted to see it.  They all loved it.  My sister's MIL kept going on and on about how she loved it and how I must have spent so much time on it.  It made me feel good.

I can't believe Monday is almost here but if I make it through 5 days of work, I get 10 days off.   YAY!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR:

I finished making my toss bouquet. I DIY'd my Monogrammed Cake Topper.I brought my shoes & put the finishing touches on them :) I also finished all my cards that say a picture is worth a thousand words.

NWR:

We had a "hoedown festivial" in the town we live in so we went to it about 3 times this weekend. Saturday night we decided to take the top off the jeep and ride around all night and he took me to " The Forest" ( I'm new to the area so I'm still learning areas and he keeps showing me new things) We also went to Aunt Jenny Johnson's gravesite... freaked me out to say the least lol then Sunday we went to church & visited his father & stepfather and mine :) We had a great weekend & I hope all of you did too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR:
    Took some engagement photos at our college campus. We ended up spending two hours there and not going to our other locations! Our friend who is a talented photographer is doing our photos, so I think we are going to do another session next week. We did them in the evening so I am officially eaten alive by mosquitos =/.

We also got a start on our invitations. My FI painted me a picture of daisies for Christmas (they are my favorite flower and the only flowers for the wedding). So our photographer took high res pics of it so that we could make our own invites using it as the background.

My mom has now finished 9/13 centerpieces.

NWR: Basically relaxed. I am in summer school so I can graduate early and had a long week last week. Watched some episodes of Gilmore Girls (slight obsession of mine). He went home yesterday to visit his dad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR:  bought more paper and ribbon supplies and one box of thank you cards; walked through the ceremony and reception sites to get some plans made; sent our program design ideas to my bridesmaid to design them; bought our wine and champagne, decided on beer (I get my Easy Street Wheat--hooray!)

NWR:  took my Dad to a Rockies game for Father's Day!!  Ran some other errands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR:  Surprise wedding shower!

NWR:  VACATION!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: Tried on wedding dresses for the first time :) I found 2 that I love, so now I just have to choose.

NWR: Saturday we attended "March for Jesus". It was a march through our city, with worship at the river. After that, we went to a young adults BBQ, then Carousel of the Nations. On Sunday, we had church, father's day/brother's birhtday dinner. I spent the rest of the day studying (I am in summer school to graduate early).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jgavigan3376jgavigan3376 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: Had a surprise shower at work! Finally finished my invitations and mailed them today! And FI ordered his tux.

NWR: Father's Day BBQ with my dad. Sunday was church, FI's parents for our normal Sunday lunch, then I went to CHOP to visit my nephew (who is a preemie) and I finally (after 7 weeks) got to hold him. I could have stayed all night snuggling and rocking him. Praise God for his improving health!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards