Vineyard Weddings

Welcome to the Vineyard Wedding Board!

Welcome to the Vineyard Wedding Board!

We now have a board, and a Moderator! My name is Kristin, and I'm so excited to be your moderator! Please feel free to send any suggestions for our board to me through private messages! I want to keep our board exciting and fun, so I'm looking for ways to make sure we're all having fun on here!

I've noticed some other boards do things like: Knottie of the WeekWednesday ConfessionsMonthly Siggy Challenges, etc. If you guys think we should start any of these, let me know!

Here is a link to The Knot Community Rules :
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx

Here is a link to the FAQ's :
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/community-frequently-asked-questions.aspx 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Welcome to the Vineyard Wedding Board!

• I think a neat weekday thing would be cool. My sept 2011 board does like wednesday confessions etc.

Snice this is a speciality board, we could do something like sharing a new idea for our theme each week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vineyard weddings seem to be the thing these days!  I love that brides are embracing their own favorite things and personalizing weddings like this.  And who doesn't love to go to a Vineyard wedding?!!

I have worked on several vineyard themed weddings.  I create personalized (and monogrammed) wine bottle lanterns that brides have used as centerpieces for their reception or on the bar or even as a replacement for table number cards.  The name of my company is Word Couture (www.wordcouture.com). We were featured in the March 2011 edition of Brides Magazine so you may recognize our product.  Let me know if you'd like some additional information or if I can help you further with your wedding decor
    http://www.wordcouture.com
  • My fiance and I are trying to pin down a date for our wedding, we are definitely looking in 2013 but I'm wondering if spring or fall would be better at a winery?? We're thinking May or September... does anyone have any advice on this? My biggest thing is that the vines are full!
  • edited February 2012
    September, it's right before harvest and everything will be in full bloom.
  • Is it possible to get good pictures in a vineyard in the spring time?  Our timing is such that we have to do spring time.  The wedding will be in NY and I knwo harvest is in the fall but is there any green on the wines in April/May?
    Hoontay
  • getting married in 2013 hopefully at a vineyard! So far i have narrowed it down to 3, can't wait hear everyone ideas and suggestions!
  • My reception is at a vineyard in September 2012. Trying to nail down a theme for decor. Any suggestions?
  • Harvest time is in the fall, so you want to go before then to see the vines at their fullest.  I found a website that describes California wine country weather by season.  Hope this helps!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_vineyard-weddings_welcome-vineyard-wedding-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:669Discussion:fd6f23c3-9d26-4041-91ed-764065697f30Post:431d750e-321a-47d2-8f0a-6006ced920d0">Re: Welcome to the Vineyard Wedding Board!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it possible to get good pictures in a vineyard in the spring time?  Our timing is such that we have to do spring time.  The wedding will be in NY and I knwo harvest is in the fall but is there any green on the wines in April/May?
    Posted by klgdfhaghkerj[/QUOTE]

<div> We just booked a wedding at Martha Clara for May 2014.  We were told the vines would be about 3 feet high and be green.</div>
  • Anyone have any thoughts about winery weddings in late Oct./Nov.? Is that a bad/good time? Thinking specifically of Lond Island, NY. Thanks.
  • Our vineyard wedding is August 2013 in Geneva, NY in the finger lakes.  It is a destination wedding and we planned the whole wedding around the grapes being on the vines.  My F and I are big winery go-ers so it was really important to us that the wedding expressed us as a couple.  so we needed to find the perfect location to be by the vines as we say our "I do's".  It wasn't easy...there are so many wineries out there but not a lot are vineyards.  We checked out wineries in New Jersey, PA, and NY (Long Island, Westchester and Finger Lakes)  You have to do your homework, but considering this involves going winery hopping and drinking wine along the way...I'm sure your won't mind the journey.  
  • I am getting married Sept 2013 and looking for ideas for centerpieces for our reception that will be indoors.suggestions would be great!! I have started looking on pintrest.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards