Snarky Brides
Options

Feel Free to Brag

So i just finished my Christmas Krumkake baking and for the first time ever, they all turned out.  I didn't even have any little overcooked one to nibble on while I worked.  So I "accidentally" broke one.  Ooops!

What do you have to brag about?

Re: Feel Free to Brag

• Options

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I just finished writing 50 thank you cards! Woohoo! I can't really feel my right hand anymore, but they're done!!
  • Options
    I just secretly sent a gift to someone, it won't arrive until January, but I'm really hopeful that it'll be unexpected and appreciated.
  • Options
    Anna, you're a baking goddess!

Um, my spritz were a bust, my rosette iron hasn't come in yet and if I make another batch of cranberry bars tonight my H will eat them all before Sunday. 

I'm doing this wrong aren't I?
  • Options
    Today's my day off, but I forced myself to go running even though all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and watch tv. I'm trying really hard to take my training seriously, even though it's Christmastime. It was a rough run, I ran way slower than I normally do, but hey, at least I lapped all the people who chose to stay on the couch!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:65020b42-0305-4d6f-bd07-6f2630f3f346">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna, you're a baking goddess! Um, my spritz were a bust, my rosette iron hasn't come in yet and if I make another batch of cranberry bars tonight my H will eat them all before Sunday.  I'm doing this wrong aren't I?
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Oh no!  What happened with the spritz?  I have to make mine yet today but I always spend hours debating which shape to make.  Besides the christmas trees of course.
  • Options
    I made these for my students.  I gave them to them yesterday and they loved them.

• Options
    I gave a kick-ass presentation at work this morning.

also, anna, every time I see a post by you and see your siggy, it's all I can do not to yell "bazinga!"
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Blue, all of your cookies are perfectly uniform in size. How did you do that? I am a baking novice.
  • Options
    Anna, I'm not sure.  They're dry as sawdust and I had the worst time with the dough sticking to the press (even tried chilling the dough). 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:bcd6267a-5df6-4a09-9615-546c51c4f3cf">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feel Free to Brag : That's awesome!  How long did it take you?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I started yesterday and finished today... I'm weird in that when I have to do something that's not fun, I try I do it as fast as possible, just to get it over with. But I'm proud of them! I think I put nice thoughtful thanks and personalized messages in each... Is it weird to be proud of that?

Also, all of these pictures of cookies are making me starving! They all look fantastic!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:89a6ef95-954a-42a3-a665-878b8a59a893">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]There were 5 dozen christmas cookies at work this morning. Instead of eating one of each kind for breakfast I had my yogurt and banana. 
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Oh man I'd kill for your willpower.
  • Options
    Koda, that IS something to brag about! I don't think i'd have that restraint, haha. Good job!
  • Options
    I made it through this semester without fucking anything up too badly (I think).  That is a big accomplishment.  It was rough.  I didn't let the personal shiit interfere with my school shiit.

And I'm being SUPER PRODUCTIVE today at work, yay.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ha, Edie, no.. Just really REALLY slow at work. Don't tell my boss though.. ;-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:89a6ef95-954a-42a3-a665-878b8a59a893">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]There were 5 dozen christmas cookies at work this morning. Instead of eating one of each kind for breakfast I had my yogurt and banana. 
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

I had yogurt and a banana for b-fast too! It was to make up for eating eggs, sausage and toast in the cafeteria yesterday....

I don't have anything to brag about. I just want the day to be overrrr
  • Options
    I interviewed for and got an internship at a local museum so I quit my job.  I have 2 weeks left and my managers keep whining about how they won't find someone half as efficient as I am and I need to never leave.

More importantly, I made some kickass fudge last night.
  • Options
    I wanted to be lazy all day since I'm home from work. Instead I bathed the dogs and then cleaned the bathroom top to bottom. Now I'm washing all the towls, bathroom rugs, the dogs' blankets and their beds.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:593ca5e7-dac5-4c59-b0ee-f5f6e88c0a49">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue, all of your cookies are perfectly uniform in size. How did you do that? I am a baking novice.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Not blue, but I can tell you what I do.  I either use a cookie scoop (the Oxo Good Grips ones are awesome) or my kitchen scale.  I'm a touch anal about everything being the same size though.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:e5ea6170-ea8a-45a8-ab71-0e87cc8ade22">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feel Free to Brag : Not blue, but I can tell you what I do.  I either use a cookie scoop (the Oxo Good Grips ones are awesome) or my kitchen scale.  I'm a touch anal about everything being the same size though.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

It makes them bake evenly, it's important.
  • Options
    I stayed away from all the candied popcorn, sugar cookies and homemade brownies at work today. Sure, all the girls think I'm a weird anorexic freak, but at least I won't gain a few dress sizes this hoiday Tongue out
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:995afbc7-ecb5-4504-9563-81722b25cbd7">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, Kim!  What will you be doing during your internship?
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Originally I was going to be working in the museum's archives but they are making some changes to the staff so it's a bit up in the air right now, but I am more than okay with that.  The woman I will be working under is awesome and it's a historical museum which will give me some new experience outside of the art-related things I've done.  I'm excited.
  • Options
    I cleaned our master bathroom on Sunday and it's still clean today.

I know it's only been like three days, but if you knew how incredibly messy I am, you'd be hella impressed.
    panther
  • Options

FI and I got a puppy on Sunday.
    His name is Nelson :)

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For as scared as I was about going to the dentist, I'm doing pretty well with it. I may have a root canal and a wisdom tooth taken out, but I'm facing it head on and trying to get through this. I always get a bit scared each week when I walk in there, but I'm doing something I don't really want to do because I know it will be good for me in the long run. I'm pretty proud of myself.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:34b9a83b-46de-4db6-b101-c11ce43d5a51">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cleaned our master bathroom on Sunday and it's still clean today. I know it's only been like three days, but if you knew how incredibly messy I am, you'd be hella impressed.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

If you're anything like me, then 3 days is a very big accomplishment.  I'm so messy.  So, good job!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:3a0422e2-d013-48b7-a002-5f952f1bed0d">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kim how long will you be interning for?

Through the spring semester, and then I graduate and we are planning on moving.  I need to complete an internship for school, so I'm glad I found one I'm excited about.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:34b9a83b-46de-4db6-b101-c11ce43d5a51">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cleaned our master bathroom on Sunday and it's still clean today. I know it's only been like three days, but if you knew how incredibly messy I am, you'd be hella impressed.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

This will never be a reality for me.  Make up EVERYWHERE.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! He is such a sweet heart. And he's HUGE. He's only just 2 months old.

ETA: Edie, I do! I will post them when I get home from work later!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_feel-brag?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ddf1e13a-8309-4b3a-8539-4c5296cd71afPost:4e6cc075-201b-432a-929c-d926c58fff04">Re: Feel Free to Brag</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feel Free to Brag : That is awesome.  Where do you think you'll be moving to?

We have 7 options depending on grad school, so we should know by April-ish!

Karlee, I'm gonna need to see more pictures of that puppy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards