Rhode Island

Airbrush Tanning...

Hi Ladies!

I have started looking into hair, makeup, nails etc and had my first dress fitting this past weekend... winter hasn't been kind to me girls! lol

I am anti tanning beds but definately in need of some color before August!  I have read mixed reviews on fake tanning and wondering if anyone has had a good experience with a particular brand of airbrush tanning or product?

Thanks ladies, hope everyone is well :)

?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?

Re: Airbrush Tanning...

• edited December 2011
    I really like Mystic Tan but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do it within 2 weeks of your wedding so it doesn't rub off on your dress.  (Saw that once on a pale pink bridesmaids dress.  Not cute!)
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually having an airbrush tan tomorrow at Exotic Tans in North Attleboro. I will let you know how it looks.
  • pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Nicole that would be great, I thought about using a gradual tanner moisturiser but was worried it wouldn't be even
    ?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, so i got my tan on yesterday. You get a really dark tan within 2 hours after being sprayed. I think if i were to do this for my wedding i would get it done at least a week before. Also make sure you don't have anything to really do after you get it done as your pretty sticky feeling for like 4 hours.
  • pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Nicole, thanks so much for letting me know.  Maybe I could do a trial run over the next few months and see if it's going to be a good option for me. :)
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've done it before - it's definitely a bit more aggressive the first 3-4 days.  After that, I wouldn't worry about it rubbing off on anything - within the first 2 days, you rinse off the mixture and what's left is simply dyed skin.  I like Mystic Tan, too. I did it for my college graduation.

Anniversary

• stefjefstefjef member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Calma Salon in cranston Rhode Island. Denise does a beautiful job with make up ad gives a great facial!  I have also been spray tanned by her. I do not like to tan, and cover with sun block, so I was a bit nervous at first. I ended up loving it! It is not dark at all, and it gives your skin a nice natural glow of a color. Its very light, but looks nice. It does not look like a fake, dark tan at all. She does many brides and beauty pageant girls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards