New York-New York City

Hotels

I have a question. When you have guests coming from out of town, how do you go about booking rooms for them? Do you call local hotels after your replies and ask them to save a certain number of rooms? Do you give those guests hotel numbers with their invite and let them choose and book a place? What have others done? Thank you for the help.

Re: Hotels

• lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most hotels will give you a group rate, and then a date they'll hold the rooms until.

I have three hotels in NYC that did this for me, all with different "release" dates (when they let the rooms back into hotel inventory for othe guests).

Because my invites haven't gone out yet, I sent an e-mail to most of my friends and family that were coming from out of town with all the information: rates, websites, phone numbers, release date, and then a link to a map that had the location of my venue, and the three hotels so people can see where everything is.

People do it all differnt ways, but that's how I did it.

Good luck!
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We blocked rooms at two different hotels, and then put the hotel info on our website, and the website address on the STDs.  We just estimated how many rooms we would need, and then we ended up having to block more becaused our guests booked them all up.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards