Registry and Gift Forum

Groom's Gift

I'm stuck for an idea. My FI has a half dozen watches and wears none of them. If he dresses up he doesn't wear french cuffs b/c they're too fussy so cufflinks won't work. His hobbies are playing video games, watching movies, and playing with our cat so that's not helping me much.

I want to get him something that lasts and that he'll be able to use for years & remember our wedding day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groom's Gift

• A traditional gift would be your wedding picture in a silver frame. He can display it on his desk at the office or at home.

My family is very up-front with gift-giving, and I've carried that over with my future husband. "Are we exchanging gifts for Valentine's Day?" "How much are we spending?" "What would you like?" You might want to try this direct approach.

Or you can agree to skip gifts beyond your rings altogether.
  • I couldn't think of anything my FI wants/needs, either - if he does, he buys it!

I had boudoir photos taken and I am going to give him an album of the photos.  I'm pretty excited about it =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm also giving FI an album of boudoir pictures I had taken!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe you could get him an "experience gift" like tickets for the two of you to attend a sporting event with his favorite team, or a concert featuring his favorite band.   

My first husband passed away four years into our marriage, and I honestly can't remember what we got each other for birthdays, Christmases, or Valentine's Days, but I remember every concert we went to, every vacation, every road trip, and I really wish he had done more stuff like that rather than buy each other "stuff" every holiday.   
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_grooms-gift-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:ca5542d1-cc01-4a8d-8863-0729205be774Post:026da998-ec5b-4438-9b2f-6318673039b2">Re: Groom's Gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]  My first husband passed away four years into our marriage, and I honestly can't remember what we got each other for birthdays, Christmases, or Valentine's Days, but I remember every concert we went to, every vacation, every road trip, and I really wish he had done more stuff like that rather than buy each other "stuff" every holiday.   
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thats a really sad, but beautiful thing you just said. I think that's what makes Jeremy and my relationship stand out so much from the other relationships I/we have been in, we take the time for each other to experience things. I totally agree, if you don't go to a lot of things that would be a wonderful gift, Jeremy and I go to as many concerts/sporting events as possible since we are both into those kinds of things but i am getting him the watch he has been asking for for months and months. He won't wear it a lot but at least he I know he will love it and think of our wedding day everytime he wears it, another thing I thought was surprising him by getting your fingerprint/name engraved into his ring?? Just thoughts. :) Good luck!</div>
    Anniversary
  • I love the idea of an experience gift! I think I'll call the travel agent and see if I can plan an adventure while we're on our honeymoon. He'll love it!
    Thank you! Thank You!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also like the experience gift. Another idea: if possible, ask his father, grandfather, uncles, etc. who have been married for a long time, what has meant the most to them from their SO. If your FI is close to any of them this could be more meaningful to him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards