Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Searching for a lower budget Photographer and DJ

Okay, preferably not the same person, haha.
I'm about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. Any suggestions?

Re: Searching for a lower budget Photographer and DJ

• Options
    what's a "low" budget?  Tell us your ballpark numbers for each.
  • Options
    Craig Lawrence (Red Hot Chameleon) is my DJ.  Comes in at $800-850 for 5 hours, and has great reviews, including one from a friend.

Caroline Moore photography was 1200 or so and I liked her photos of an older knottie.  I'd say budgeting 1000-1500 for a photographer will let you find a semi-pro, and lower than that you might need to hire a student.

DJ, I'd say budgeting 600-900 you can find someone good if you look hard, less than that is difficult (and I'd worry about quality).
  • Options
    For the photography, I would suggest checking out picturesbyshalyn.com. Her most expensive package is $900 for unlimited hours, one album for the couple, two for the parents, 3 8x10 and 3 5x7 as well as an 11x14 gallery wrap and an engagement session.
  • Options
    The only photography I can think of in that price range is

He's a bit of a drive from Pittsburgh though, so there may be a travel fee.

It's sort of a low budget, so you'll be limited in what you can find.  I am a photographer and I actually consider myself to be fairly low priced with coverage beginning at $1500.  It seems like for higher quality you and full coverage you are probably looking at somethim closer to that range.  www.jessicavogelsangphotography.com

For lower budget photogs, just make sure you ask some questions.....do you carry insurance?  Do you have backup equipment?  What happens if you get sick on the day of my wedding, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards