Canada-Ontario
Options

Getting Ordained in Ontario?

Hi Ladies!  My FI and I are curious about getting someone ordained to marry us.  I know my uncle (who is a bit of an attention lover, and totally hilarious) would be honoured to do it, but I also know that getting ordained and allowed to perform weddings in Ontario is not as simple as in the US...

Has anyone had any experience with this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 62 Made the cut!
image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!

Re: Getting Ordained in Ontario?

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boo-urns.  That's what I thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps not much consolation but maybe he could do a reading, or MC the reception?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know getting married in advance is frowned upon around here, but if you really wanted him to participate could you get married at City Hall in the morning (or the day before) and then get him to do a "fake" ceremony?  Just make sure people know that his isn't the real one?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input ladies.

I know, even if I tried to stop him, my uncle will be up at the mic telling embarassing stories, so he'll get his moment in the sun!!

As for the "fake" ceremony... I did think about it briefly, but couldn't bring myself to think about it any more than that.  I'm the first to get married of my siblings and cousins, and I know that would break my family's heart.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards