Second Weddings

Wedding Reflections

It makes me so, so, so happy to look at them.  I can't believe that our day turned out as awesome as it did...  Our semi-professional photographer did an awesome job.

We had a pretty inexpensive wedding (what would be considered iinsanely cheap for a central NJ wedding for 130 guests) and I look at everything that happened that day, and I think that if we had spent twice as much (or more), it would have been so much less perfect. 

We planned our wedding in 5 months, we hired all of our vendors off of craigslist, I wore a $100 dress from David's, we held our reception in a firehouse, we walked to our church, and there's not a single piece of it I would change.  There was never a moment when I felt like I wasn't a pretty princess or that it was anything less than the most wonderful day of my life.  Our guests had a fantastic time (we have pages and pages of pictures of happy guests dancing the night away!), too.

Those 5 months of stress were so worth my memories from our wedding day...and the hundreds of pictures of my husband and our children and me just dripping with happiness.

Some days it just feels like I really did get it right...

Re: Wedding Reflections

• edited December 2011
    Bravo!!  That's the happily ever after part. 
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I"m hoping I can come back and make a similar assessment........ I'm sure I will, because in the end we will be married, and will have partied with our best friends and family!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!  You captured what the day should be for all of us.  So happy when things work out the way it should.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats! Love hearing from those that have survived the stress!
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards