Snarky Brides

That's weird!

Re: That's weird!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:85f065fb-043c-41db-8ad0-c7e06bb0f053">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I find people to be ridiculously interested in the sex of my baby, to the point where they are trying to convince me to find out at our anatomy scan. H and I are quite content to be surprised and aren't actively seeking out the sex in advance, which is causing mild hysteria in the workplace and in the family. Apparently, we can't plan appropriately without knowing what's growing in there.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

I want to do the same thing!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:e4d70a6e-9327-4140-8778-8fff4c30104d">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : Yes. Sometimes the parents know going into the party and reveal to family and friends; I've seen others where the parents find out at the party either by opening an envelope from the doctor or cutting into a cake from the bakery that was prepared with a note from the doctor.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Oh... dumb.
    panther
  • Nebb, it totally is. I mean, I can only speak for myself, but this whole pregnancy/baby thing is so foreign and messed up that you kind of can't help but talk it out sometimes. 

I'll try and curb it. :)
  • This will sound weird, but I've thought (more than once) about how I would reveal a pregnancy to my mom (it's weird because this will never happen). Mostly because it would be fun and I always see it done on commercials or TV shows and damnit, I want to surprise someone too!

Somehow, giving mom a card with a pic of a puppy and saying 'Congrats on your new grandson puppy!" doesn't have quite the same affect. I'm pretty srue she would just roll her eyes and tell me no way in hell is she "babysitting."
  • dj - I totally agree. I'm a medical case manager and work in short-term disability. I get so many pregnancy-claims because of low-back pain, swollen ankles, "pregnancy-related discomfort" and 99% of the time, I shut them down. It's fairly ridiculous. I have a lot of sympathy for a lot of things, but that's not one of them.
  • Boobs are weird. I mean, they are basically fat lumps on your chest. I also think it's weird that men can't breastfeed. WTH? They should have to deal with chapped sore nips too.

My mom refers to our dog and cat as 'grand(fur)kids' because we aren't having kids. It's kind of weird, but in a cute endearing way.
  • We have this loaf of bread sitting in our breakroom and it has been there since thanksgiving.  That is not the weird part though; the weird part is that someone recently started eating the bread because it was not moldy or stale. 

This loaf of bread has not molded since thanksgiving.  Persons unknown are now eating it because they consider 4 month old unmoldy bread perfectly natural.  Both of these things are weird.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:7b9cffab-c998-4991-ab3d-dc2cbd9d16ee">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boobs are weird. I mean, they are basically fat lumps on your chest.<strong> I also think it's weird that men can't breastfeed</strong>. WTH? They should have to deal with chapped sore nips too. My mom refers to our dog and cat as 'grand(fur)kids' because we aren't having kids. It's kind of weird, but in a cute endearing way.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>Actually I think men technically CAN lactate which is even weirder to me. </div>
  • There's all sorts of weird oranges, one specifically called ugly fruit. I can't imagine buying it or eating it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:7b9cffab-c998-4991-ab3d-dc2cbd9d16ee">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE] My mom refers to our dog and cat as 'grand(fur)kids' because we aren't having kids. It's kind of weird, but in a cute endearing way.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>My mother does this too. She loves animals though and refers to her dogs as her "change of life babies." </div><div>
    </div><div>She took the no kids thing surprisingly well especially considering that my brother is only 19 and (hopefully!) won't be giving her grandkids for a very long time. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There is seriously a lady at our ID card desk getting issued an ID card while breastfeeding her daughter and singing "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog" to their toddler son. Thank god it's 3 o'clock and I can go home!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:a47cf4f6-8bf3-4c52-85bc-fd81ee92aa1d">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's weird! : My mother does this too. She loves animals though and refers to her dogs as her "change of life babies."  <strong>She took the no kids thing surprisingly well especially considering that my brother is only 19 and (hopefully!) won't be giving her grandkids for a very long time.</strong> 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]
    So did my mom. I was really worried for a long time that she'd resent me for not having kids because I know she wants to be a grandma. I asked her about it about a year ago and she said that she wasn't upset and that so long as I was happy in my life, she would be happy as well. My brother and FSIL will definitely have kids, if she is able.
  • I still don't have the disc with all our wedding photos on it.  I think that's weird.  We were supposed to get it on our one year anniversary and that was like two and a half months ago.  I'm scared to call our photog and ask for it, too.  Which is also weird.
    panther
  • In all fairness, neither Sept nor I brought up the baby talk this time.
  • I never specified pregnant people, I just said talking about babies all the time is weird.
  • I think Pandora bracelets are weird. 
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:817b7c59-6805-45c7-9574-48febaa3f148">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Pandora bracelets are weird. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I agree. Actually, I think charm bracelets of any kind are weird.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:817b7c59-6805-45c7-9574-48febaa3f148">Re: That's weird!</a>:

<div>And ugly! They're effing expensive too</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:817b7c59-6805-45c7-9574-48febaa3f148">Re: That's weird!</a>:

Yes.  I dont get the appeal at all.  But I have never been into charm bracelets or anything like that.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • AATB- Call!  You deserve your pictures, damnit!
  • I know, BK...but he's such a crotchety douche, lol.  I am intimidated.  I'm working up the nerve.

Ben took me shopping over the weekend for birthday and Valentine's Day gift ideas and I made damn sure he knew how I felt about Pandora bracelets when we were browsing in jewelry stores.  I told him I had a ton of karma beads I wore as a teenager that were basically the same shiit and a hell of a lot cheaper.  "Really?" he goes.  Thank God I got that cleared up, sheesh.
    panther
  • I think it's weird when people leave their loud ass ringers on at work.  Learn how to put your phone on vibrate, people.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:4b20fef3-8214-465a-b00e-c0269ed0839a">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's weird when people leave their loud ass ringers on at work.  Learn how to put your phone on vibrate, people.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Or, you know. silent.  I think it's just as annoying to hear someone's phone vibrating. At least when it's a loud, embarrassing ringer they run to silence it. ;)

Speaking of which. My 45-year old coworker (creepy one at that) never turns off his phone. His current ring tone is "Beautiful" by James Blunt. That's weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:5efd71fe-1b7f-45ae-a8b6-6dffab990b49">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think home schoolers are weird.</strong>  Unless you are some how uniquely qualified to teach children I don't get the appeal of homeschooling.  I think raw foodists are weird.  I think oatmeal is gross and people who want to eat something that has the texture of vomit on purpose are weird.  Same goes for cottage cheese. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think they are weird necesarily, but it does annoy me that one lady I'm FB friends with who has homeschooled her 4 children, has constant errors in her posts.  Simple things like your vs. you're.  This frightens me.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just noticed this when I got home and its super weird and I dont get it at all. In the winter my dogs stomach area (kinda around his stomach/penis area) is hairless and its pale pink in the winter but in the summer its a darker pinky/brown, like he has a tan. Every year, it changes back and forth and I have NO idea why.
  • Nebb- our dogs both get darker in the winter too.  I wonder if it's the opposite of humans? And they get lighter in the sun?
  • No, vin gets dark in the summer and light in the winter. But its not like he goes tanning or something. I would take a picture but that would be super creepy.
  • I think people that have ringtones of songs that are over 14 are weird. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_thats-weird?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:176e112e-ed0c-40cf-a5fe-c36a99fd3ad5Post:7b2374f5-e50d-42ae-b9e4-6a9654b04a2e">Re: That's weird!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think people that have ringtones of songs that are over 14 are weird. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

<div>My coworker has also worn jorts before. To work.  so, you know.</div>
  • Steph don't fvck with me I have had a few glasses of wine. Jorts ARE THE FVCKING DEVIL. seriously no people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards