Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

bm dress do over

okay so i posted before about the bm dresses we are making? changed the color and length. think its much better

this was the old one

what do you guys think?
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: bm dress do over

• edited December 2011
    ooops thought i was posting in my wedding month... still opinions welcome
  • edited December 2011

Hold the phone.  ARE YOU DESIGNING YOUR OWN BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES?  I think I love you.

Also--I super heart tea-length dresses. 

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the maids.  

I look horrible in tea length.  

I love the dress, but I feel the sash maybe too large.
  • edited December 2011
    im not sure what to do with the sash. the back is corset so the bow/ sash is the tie off for the corset back...
    i think everyone will look good in the tea length. (am hoping but my moh wouldnt let me pick something that didnt work with every one)

RecoveringActor i wish i could say im designing them but actually its my super talented moh. (shes a seamstress)
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always just pull the extra tie/sash through to the inside of the dress so it doesn't show at all if you'd rather not have a big bow a the end of the corset. That's what we did for my brother's wedding and it looked great.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a corset back on my dress, and we're just tucking the tie underneath the dress like Cackle said. 

Still, the fact that you have someone who is talented like that is incredible.  My FMIL made my BM dresses, but we used a Butterick pattern.  I found a pattern that had 5 different styles, and each of my maids picked which style the liked, and then FMIL made them all out of the same fabric.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE IT! 

:)

nat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards