Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shower & Rehearsal Dinner Attire

Hi all! I was just wondering - do brides typically wear white for the shower and/or rehearsal dinner, or do they just wear whatever they want? I have been to some weddings and pre-parties where the bride has worn white all the way through, and others where she hasn't. I didn't know if that was an "unwritten rule" or not, and was just checking to see what everyone thought. 

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Shower & Rehearsal Dinner Attire

• Options
    You can wear whatever you want :) I've seen brides wear white dresses to pre-wedding events, but I've probably seen more colors. Whatever you love - they are your days :)
  • Options
    I wore a blush colored sweater and cream pants to my shower - sort of bridal-ey without wearing white, which might have looked strange in November in Minnesota.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    How can you guys coordinate what to wear to the bridal shower if it's suppossed to be a surprise?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's definitely a personal preference... there's no "rules". I personally love white and wanted to take advantage of the chance to wear white to everything but that being said, if you don't like wearing white nobody is going to care or notice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shower-rehearsal-dinner-attire-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:82af81d7-1b27-4921-8db7-0466896988f1Post:c1a8129e-63c6-4f4a-881e-5ac2ff338659">Re: Shower & Rehearsal Dinner Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]How can you guys coordinate what to wear to the bridal shower if it's suppossed to be a surprise?
    Posted by lopezalonso[/QUOTE]

Not all showers are surprises! I live 2 hours away from my family and most of my friends (just moved here), so having a surprise shower is a little out of the question. Etiquette only dictates that the shower is not thrown by the bride, and usually her mother, since that appears to be a grab for gifts, but she's certainly allowed to know about it!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I never wear white, so I choose to wear a white dress to our RD, but not to the bach party (white at clubs.. with drunk people? No thanks.. ) and not to the shower (because I fell in love witha  floral dress). 
    It's totally up to you. People won't notice or care either way. Take it as an excuse to wear cute white dresses, or wear whatever you love. :]
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input! 

As far as the shower being a surprise, it's just too hard for me not to know the date, as I too live out of town. I am having the wedding and all of the events in my hometown, which is 2 hours away. I think with life being as crazy as it is today, people need to know dates and such. I still don't know what my MOH or anyone is planning for it, but I know the date and location. :) 

Again, thanks for all your help! I guess I will just find dresses I love and go with those! Have a Merry Christmas! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_shower-rehearsal-dinner-attire-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:82af81d7-1b27-4921-8db7-0466896988f1Post:c1a8129e-63c6-4f4a-881e-5ac2ff338659">Re: Shower & Rehearsal Dinner Attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]How can you guys coordinate what to wear to the bridal shower if it's suppossed to be a surprise?
    Posted by lopezalonso[/QUOTE]

It's just a NJ/NY thing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards