New Jersey
Options

Vent/Help! I need a new Venue (Long) sorry

After my FI and I looked at 11 venues and found the one we loved we now have to start all over again. We loved The Bridgewater Manor, we had a bad experience with them getting back to me when I would email the lady I was dealing with (Rachel Jordan), she apologized and gave me some excuse that she didn't get the emails. We looked past it and went for the tasting 3 weeks ago. After the tasting we were ready to book. My FI called  and gave her the info over the phone to put the deposit. A week went by and FI called her to see if anything was wrong with the CC number because the money was still there. She said no and that we would se a charge in a couple of days and should get the contract in the mail. Well yesterday was 2 weeks and still nothing, so i called and she wasn't there so I asked the person who answered the phone if she knew what happen she said no and she would have the owner call me. I received a call 30 min later and the owner was so rude, didn't apologize once and it seemed like i was bothering him. I asked him why did it seem like we had to beg to have our deposit charged and he said" there is no need to beg" then he asked what would i like to do.... i wanted to say HELLLLOOO where is your customer service? Either way i just told him that my FI and I no longer wanted to hold our wedding there, his responds was " OK thank you for letting me know, have a good day" . I couldn't believe the lack of service on his part. It was liek he just didn't care.

Now I have to start all over again and I just don't know where to go. here are the places we have seen and we only liked the Bridgewater Manor :

The Grand Marquis
The Berkley Plaza
The Empire Club
The Graycliff
The Manor ( my favorite, not for FI)
Pines Manor
The Rosewood
Mayfair Farms
Pleasantdale Chateau
The Bridgewater Manor
Solar Do Minho

Wedding date: May 12, 2012 (Saturday night) Max 150 guest, PPP price 140 including tax and gratuity.

PLEASE Suggest anyother venues... thanks

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent/Help! I need a new Venue (Long) sorry

• Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Atrium Country Club, Ravello's, Channel Club, The Tides....they tend to be pretty popular, should be below that range and get good reviews.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What did you like about BW Manor?  That way maybe we can help you. 
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Valley Regency in Clifton.  It's similar to Bridgewater but with maybe not the same outdoor space.

Also, for food try Season's Catering in Washington Twp.

Also, Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge in the main hotel for you (not the Grain House Restauarnt).  Dolce in Basking Ridge maybe too.

Good Luck!  You made the right decision if that's how you were being treated!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank so much for the suggestions ladies! I  just called and booked appts at The Tides and Ravello.

What we liked about the Bridgewater was mostly the food and the beautiful fountain it has outside. I wasn't really sold on the room since it had no windows but i decided to let that go since i loved the food. We also loved the price it was 127 pp with tax and gratuity.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My reception was at The Tides and I was happy with it. If you have the smaller room downstairs, you'll pay a lower price, but that has no windows, so if you're displeased with that then be aware.

We saw and liked The Empire Club and Costa Del Sol (Union). We visited Berkeley Plaza and were very turned off by the manager we met with, plus we didn't love the space itself but the manager's incompetence sealed the deal for us to walk out.

I've been to formal events at The Manor and Mayfair Farms and liked both places a lot. I've also heard good things about The Reception Center at St. Clement (Matawan) ... apparently it's not fancy, but it's a good price and I've heard it has good food and good service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also check out The Imperia  if you are trying to stay in Somerset County.  Food is good and their ballrooms have lots of light and I think there may have been an indoor fountain..
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rec. the Grant Summit, The Madison Hotel, Primavera, Hawk Point Country Club, Twin Brooks Country Club, Galloping Hill.  Good luck!
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Primavera Regency in stirling

• Options
    stbryanstbryan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Primavera Regency has appealing customer service...ceremony area is pretty but unfortunately near the street.  I think you might like Tides too...it was very pretty both inside and at the ceremony area.  If you want to be on the water, we're considering Lake Valhalla which is on the lake.  They also have attentive customer service - I think the one wedding at a time helps : )  Good luck, on the bright side at least you found out about the troubles before it was too late and you may find a venue you like even better this time : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I noticed you had The Graycliff on your list.  I got married there last May and would highly recommend them.  They might not be over the top with outdoor settings like other places but there were very accommodating and you got a lot for your money and the food was awesome.   I can tell you that you will pay less than your budget of $140 per person there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also liked Bridgewater Manor but decided to go with The Atrium instead.  We actually liked the food better at our tasting there than BM.  It's in West Orange, right by The Manor and we've had excellent customer service there so far.
    image 219 Invited image 149 Attending image 68 Declined image 2 Haven't Replied
    RSVP Date July 7
    My Bio updated 5/31/10
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the Atrium, we have called, been there so many times and every time they have a smile on their face and ready to help!
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    edited December 2011
    Awww im sorry for your experience!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Manor and so far we've had wonderful service!
  • Options
    Sari88Sari88 member
    edited December 2011
    That's funny that you would mention that about the Bridgewater Manor. My fiance and I had the same exact problems. We would call and call and no one would get back to us. We felt if they were that  hard to reach to just get more information something weird was going on.  I didnt want a place that would never return my calls or answer any of my concerns. So we decided to move on to other venues. We ended up picking the tides estate, which is definitely in your price range. My wedding is soon but they have been available to answer my questions! Hope this helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sari88- You feel my pain! We have an appt for the tides, I'm looking forward to going there, they were so nice on the phone.
    I'm calling today to make an Appt for the Atrium. You girls have been so helpful! Thank you so so so  much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked our Nov. 2011 wedding at Ravello's so I hope you have a good visit there!  I don't know what their prices are like for Saturdays; we are paying $110 pp all-inclusive for a Friday night.  We are dealing with Joe and he's been great so far, gave us a bottle of wine to take home and if we are unhappy with the tasting in September we'll get our deposit back.  Primavera Regency was a really close second, I've head really good things about their food and level of customer service.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Dude and I really liked the service we got at Meadow Wood (although we didn't book there). The place is gorgeous, interesting, with an outdoors ceremony area that's really pretty also. And their cocktail hour room is just awesome. The woman was constantly in touch with us and had several meetings with us before offering us a contract. Their attention to even a POSSIBLE customer was just awesome.

We ended up not going with it because we realized we were getting away from the casual/simple idea that we had wanted in the start, but they really are great.

As a note, we looked at Bridgewater also and, while the grounds were very lovely, we got a bad impression from the people that we were running the place. It was sort of "in out, whatever, we have things to do" rather than here's our full attention. I'm not really surprised to hear about your bad experience!
    at a glance
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am so surprised you had that experience at the Bridgewater Manor. When we were married there (2.5 years ago), the people were really on top of things. Not a thing fell through the cracks, from the deposit a year before, to the wedding day. I am so sorry you had that experience, but IMO you're going to be hard pressed to find a place that has as good food, with the selection they BWM has, for as reasonable a price as they offer. I mean, even now, my mom is pressing for a 5 year anniversary party there, and we go back to Tropea from time to time, always with excellent service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all the rec's! We actually booked Ravello's yesterday. We fell in love with the venue as soon as we walked in. I LOVE that the do one wedding at a time and the main room so much better then the room at the BWM. We are going to be paying less at Ravello and get more for our money. I'm actually happy now that I had that bad experience with the BWM because the venue we picked is so much better! Thanks once again ladies.Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards