June 2012 Weddings

Highs/Lows of your week

Since the board has been dead here's a game we can play.

What have been three highs of your week and three lows?

Re: Highs/Lows of your week

• Highs
    1. FI and I are signing the lease for the apartment we'll be living in as husband and wife after the HM TONIGHT!
    2. I got a manicure and a pedicure for the first time ever and they're wonderfully perfect. I love them.
    3. My shower is Saturday and stuff has been flying off my registry. Most exciting new thing I saw today - OUR BEATLES LAMP.

Lows
    1. Aforementioned manicure and pedicure was $80. Foot in mouth
    2. FI's boss is making his life a living hell and she seems to have forgotten how much is involved with moving and planning a wedding 51 days out. He's still there more than she is.
    3. I was in meetings for 2.5 days this week.

• Yay! Apartment lease. I was so excited to sign ours last year lol.
  • Highs
    1. It's our school's weekly celebration this week. They celebrate all of the colleges and stuff like that.
    2. My new shoes came in
    3. My financial aid is all figured out for summer

Lows
    1. A family cat was put down :(
    2. I think I'm gonna miss my quota again this month
    3. I didn't do well on a test 
  • Highs:
    -My MOH, BMs, and myself are all super excited for our first fitting/alterations appt on Saturday
    -My son hit a double in little league last night, then 3 walks. Didn't strike out at all (much better than last season)
    -Hmmm, gotta think on this one. Oh wait - I'm still breathing. LOL.

Lows:
    -I have a sinus infection
    -FI decided to help coach 2 little league teams. Ummm, hello. We are getting married in 8 weeks. Not sure what he was thinking.
    -I'm at work and I don't want to be.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • highs:
    1. spent the weekend with my family, including my adorable niece
    2. had a great wedding shower and bachelorette party
    3. talked with my boss last night about a new job position in the next year or so

lows:
    1. I never seem to have enough money at the end of the month
    2. worried and stressed for FI; he takes part 1 of his boards next week and he is stressed big time. I just want my happy, joking FI abck
    3. warm weather has left and its been cold and rainy the past couple of days
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Highs
    1. My 12 week Accounting course is OVER!
    2. I got my first pedicure of the season
    3. A couple of RSVPs came and I was hoping they would come as they live away from here and I haven't seen them in quite a while

Lows
    1. Between finishing up work from Accounting, doing work for my 2nd class and starting work for a new class next week, I am doing 3 classes worth of work this week
    2. Aforementioned pedicure was after a trip to the gyno and a day from hell
    3. Stress is getting the best of me. I'm tired, irritable, emotional... and my blood pressure has been on the high side :(
  • Highs:
    1. I have a dress fitting tonight
    2. I was able to see FI this past weekend
    3. The weather has been beautiful this week

Lows:
    1. I think I'm coming down with something, I do not feel well!
    2. I found out my car needs new brakes and an engine mount (I don't even know what that is)
    3. All I want to know is what's going on with our home loan; it's been 2 months!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Highs:
    1. Fi bought his suit and looks AMAZING in it
    2. So far we haven't had any RSVP bullshizz-no extra names written in, no cards back with no names, etc. Hopefully the last 24 cards will be just as perfect.
    3. Espirit had a going out of business sale and I bought 9 tshirts and 2 pairs of jeans for $38!

Lows:
    1. My episode is due to go to the network this week and my bosses are suddenly afraid that the characters are too unlikeable. Um, don't people watch shows like Jersey Shore because they love to hate people like Snooki? All of their changes just bother me.
    2. The construction on my apartment building is getting INSANE. By 8:15am every morning there is someone jackhammering literally in front of my bedroom window...and I live on the 10th floor! The construction isn't supposed to be done until NOVEMBER but I'm hoping maybe our section is getting done first and then they will move to another side where the noise and fumes won't be so bad.
    3. My FMIL is starting to bother me. She won't accept that our ceremony is legal and keeps telling FI things like "well my hair dresser said the other day..." Is your hair dresser an expert in PA marriage law? Has she researched the issue for 4 months and spoken to the county clerk? Stop listening to randos!
  • Highs:
    1: Friends from a volunteer board I'm on surprised me last night after our meeting with a bunch of gifts from our registry.  
    2: Family is making travel reservations for the wedding and it looks like everyone is going to be there!
    3: FI has been super supportive and helpful all week.

Lows:
    1: Having nighmares/anxiety dreams almost every night.  
    2: Got a call for an awesome job offer today but I signed a contract for a year with my current position so I can't take it.
    3: Found out after some blood tests with the OB I have a gene for blood clotting so I had to go off my normal BCP and the new ones are making me break out.  It also may be an issue when we decide to have kids.....
  • Highs:

1. Finishing invites...so excited to drop them in the mail next week!!
    2. Carters ability relate everything to Jesus.... its remarkable the level of understanding he has at age 4.
    3. A friend of mine started working in my group at work on Monday!

Lows:
    1. Carter said to FI and I last night "Daddy Gabe says I should tell mommy I only have one daddy and its him." Breaks my heart.
    2. It's still not June.
    3. Its been cold and rainy all week.

• Highs:
    1. Since changing my diet from pesca-vegetarian to (90% vegan) I have lost 4 pounds in a week!  (which is 4 pounds more than I have lost in my entire time of diet and exercise since January)
    2. Fit into a pair of size 6 shorts yesterday.  Woo-hoo!
    3.  Eagerly meeting another June Knottie for her shower this weekend. :)

Lows:
    1.  Toothache that won't go away. Grrr
    2.  Cramping real bad right now
    3.   Trying to file for another deferment extension for my school loans so it won't cut into my wedding budget.  I want to deal with it after the wedding.
  • Highs
    1.) Busy season is over!! I get my Fi back :)
    2.) All parties are on the same page for reception timeline and it's all falling into place
    3.) Our WR to-do list is totally do-able

Lows
    1.) My job makes me never want to have kids. EVER.
    2.) I haven't been doing that good with my eating. Need to get back on track.
    3.) Pre-marital Counseling got canceled for this week. :( It's the highlight of my week.
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • Highs:
    1. Went for our first dance lesson last night and it was so much fun. Can't wait to go back next week.
    2. Played sand volleyball on Tuesday. Had a great time and we actually won. It was great to get out and enjoy the nice weather.
    3. Having dinner with my aunts tonight at my favorite Mexican place. Hello Maragrita!

Lows:
    1. Had to get my SUV repaired...not the way I want to spend $350 (bright side FI has taken me to work has treated me to Starbucks 2 days in a row)
    2. Work has been crazy busy and stressful
    3. I have not been able to sleep the last few nights and have been waking up because of my asthma.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • Aw, Chelsea. :( Carter is so cute but some of the stuff he says without realizing the sadnes behind it just makes me sad. Poor little guy. Why can't your ex just be with Carter when he has him and leave the whole relationship with you and FI alone? It would be so much better than telling him he only has one dad and it's him. Ugh!
  • Highs
    1. Have today and tomorrow off of work.
    2. Got my favors and invites done!
    3. My sister-in-law and nephew get into town tonight :)

Lows
    1. Found out if we invite one of Dave's uncles...his dad won't come.
    2. Found out a few more people aren't able to come to my shower on Saturday.
    3. I keep making snide remarks at my mother because she keeps getting on me about things I am already doing.  I feel terrible but she needs to just let me go and trust that I can do things on my own.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_highslows-of-your-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c70e54-4582-4f64-bf12-96842d93dd35Post:e235bbe5-57a0-49d4-8a90-ab457c2888bb">Re: Highs/Lows of your week</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, Chelsea. :( Carter is so cute but some of the stuff he says without realizing the sadnes behind it just makes me sad. Poor little guy. Why can't your ex just be with Carter when he has him and leave the whole relationship with you and FI alone? It would be so much better than telling him he only has one dad and it's him. Ugh!
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more. We would never say antying negative about Carters father to Carter- that is just childish and immature. As Carter gets older he will see right through him and his relationship with his father will be really strained if this continues.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_highslows-of-your-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c70e54-4582-4f64-bf12-96842d93dd35Post:7d3e6572-5b99-46dd-b070-9b8dfa8c50a1">Highs/Lows of your week</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since the board has been dead here's a game we can play. What have been three highs of your week and three lows?
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>3 LOWS:</div><div>
    </div><div>*Losing my wallet with my SS card, registration, debit card and ID :(</div><div>*The wedding shoes I ordered not fitting :( 6pm.com doesn't do exchanges so I have to get a refund and start the whole process again</div><div>*Having to remove a bridesmaid from my bridal party bc I haven't heard from in 2 mths despite calling, emailing, texting and fbing</div><div>
    </div><div>3 HIGHS:</div><div>
    </div><div>*Having the supermarket where I lost my purse call me 4 days later saying they found it \o/</div><div>*Having my sit down appointment with my venue and discovering that crabcakes, steaks, and shrimp scrampi was added to the buffet options :)</div><div>*Having my bachelorette party fall into place!</div>
  • Highs
    1. Bought 3 underwear/bra sets for the honeymoon + the future, and they look great.
    2. Met with my florist to review my flowers, and I LOVE how they're going to look!!
    3. Applied for my dream job.

Lows
    1. I'm still sick! Cough/cold wont go away and it's driving me crazy.
    2. I am afraid I'll never hear back about my dream job; I am not making enough money where I am now.
    3. Paying for those cute bra/undies and bathing suits. I don't have any money to spend on clothes people will actually see now, haha. 
  • I apologize for no breaks... I'm on my phone haha. 3 highs: 1. Bridal shower on Saturday! 2. Found FI a birthday gift! 3. It's one week closer to the wedding! 3 lows: 1. My mom is being difficult again. 2. My wrist is still healing and I couldn't go to boot camp class today. 3. It's not June 30th.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Highs:
    1.  I'm off from work this week and got to go to the beach in April!
    2.  I started kickboxing on Tuesday and it's kicking my ass.
    3.  We sent out invitations on Tuesday.

Lows:
    1.  One invitation came back to me saying it needed more postage, yet the other 145 had no problem.
    2.  Just brought my car for an oil consumption test because in between my last 2 oil changes I had to add  2 qts of oil and I'm always on time with oil changes so it wasn't right.  They want me to come back in another 1000 miles to check again, but I'm bringing it to my ex to look at tomorrow because he's a mechanic.
    3.  I got a stupid sunburn on Monday and it hurt for 2 days...finally feeling better.
  • Highs:
    1. I get to pick my dress and veil up today!
    2. The spring game is on Saturday
    3. I got a cheaper hair stylist that isn't an hour and a half away!

Lows:
    1. My aunt is dying- she was given less than a few months, we're hoping its in the next few days. She was diagnosed with "black lung." In other words, her lungs are shutting down and turning into little black rocks instead of sponges.
    2. We met with our pastor and didn't really accomplish anything......
    3. The favors still smell like my other aunt's cats..... I just sprayed them with febreeze. lol.

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'll start with lows so I can end happy. Lows -Red Wings look like crap and are totally going to get eliminated in the first round. -a friend of me/my family 's father killed himself. While this should be sad its not--he molested both his children and niece and continued to manipulate them up until his death. I am happy he's dead and I am finding myself unsettled by that. -i made roasted garlic last night and it sucked. Highs! -i've gotten some good morning snuggle time in with FI which is rare and I love it. -we saw so many turtles on our run yesterday! Like 30!! -I feel very happy & healthy!
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_highslows-of-your-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a9c70e54-4582-4f64-bf12-96842d93dd35Post:23f698b7-7e71-496f-a866-d4cc00c2ddfd">Re:Highs/Lows of your week</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll start with lows so I can end happy. Lows -Red Wings look like crap and are totally going to get eliminated in the first round. -a friend of me/my family 's father killed himself. While this should be sad its not--he molested both his children and niece and continued to manipulate them up until his death. I am happy he's dead and I am finding myself unsettled by that. -i made roasted garlic last night and it sucked. Highs! -i've gotten some good morning snuggle time in with FI which is rare and I love it. -we saw so many turtles on our run yesterday! Like 30!! -I feel very happy & healthy!
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

1. I agree about the Red Wings.
    2. I wouldn't be unsettled about it. He will serve his time wherever he ends ups.
    3. What did you do with the roasted garlic? The best way I have found to do it is:
    Get all the cloves out, place on aluminum foil, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, cover, oven at 450 until golden, 10 mins maybe longer..

I always chop it and use it for other things.

First Look
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 3 Highs:
    -My bridal shower was last Saturday (also the start of my vacation) and it was so perfect!
    -I'm on vacation this week, the weather has been beautiful, and I have gotten so much done!
    -My bachelorette party is tomorrow night!

3 Lows:
    -FI leaves tonight for his bachelor party and comes back Sunday.  I'm going to miss him :(
    -Vacation is going too quickly and I still have a million things I wanted to accomplish
    -I eat more when I'm sitting home than when I'm at work :(
    Anniversary
  • 3 Highs:

1. I hit my goal weight for this week a day early!
    2. I finally convinced FI to go with me to get some WR stuff, he hates shopping but everyone else has been busy and I don't want the 45 min drive alone.
    3. It's supposed to be in the 70's this weekend, and I get to enjoy the sunshine!

3 Lows
    1. My bible study/life group had our last meeting last night. We start back up again in the fall.
    2. It's only Thursday, so looking forward to Friday @ 5pm.
    3. Sales this week have been really slow, and I'm waiting for a walk-in with 10 policies to make my day (I'm in insurance).
  • Highs:
    -Sunday was my bday
    -I finally figured out a new sleep routine for Audrina that is working! For the first time in 2 months, she's sleeping more than 2 hours at  a time!
    -After much procrastination, I've finally started my song list for the wedding!

Lows:
    -I also woke up with a cold on Sunday!
    -I just can't get caught up with my laundry!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Highs
    1) Went to our first dance lesson Tuesday and it was a lot of fun; have another one tonight but its a group thing so we'll see how that goes
    2) Had an awesome weekend with FI, no fighting at all
    3) The dinner I made last night was pretty good

Lows
    1) I had a breakdown last night because of my BM; she said I need to be come home (2 hours) and have a *girls lunch* and plan my bachelorette party. There are 10 weekends between now and the wedding, 7 of them I already have to go home for, gas is expensive and all the driving is exhausting. Skype me.
    2) I was careless and lab and almost killed myself. Well, not really that close, but if something else had gone wrong I would have at least been seriously injured.
    3) I found out that my dads insurance changed and after the wedding I get kicked off, so now I need to jump onto the crappy school insurance program. The cost of July and August coverage is about half of what a full year costs; I wish I knew earlier and could have gone on it for the spring & summer and it would have been cheaper.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Highs
    • I've had a pretty good week at school (I teach 9th and 10th grade Spanish).  The kids were all really well-behaved even though the weather is nice and the year is almost over.
    • I had a formal classroom observation by my principal the other day that went really well.
    • The bridesmaid's dresses came in about a month early!
    Lows
    • FI is coaching track and now that the season is in full swing he's gone a lot.  Two meets every week and practice all other nights keeps him super busy.
    • I have a TON of school-related stuff to do before the year ends on May 22 and I don't have any free weekends to catch up or relax.
    • I still don't have a florist nailed down and it's starting to really stress me out.
  • Highs:
    1-Met with our videographers last night and I love them. They are so amazing and I can't wait to work with them. The wife is actually due the end of May, so they have another guy that'll be helping the husband film our wedding, but I think I convinced her to stop by with Pax!!
    2-The really cute clutch FI got for me came in the mail!! I love it! Can't wait to carry it on Saturday!
    3-This is sort of a pre-high, but my cousin gets married on Saturday and the festivities are starting tonight! I'm so happy for them. They really complete eachother and balance eachother out. I'm also super excited to get my dress from RTR. It should be here tomorrow!!

Lows:
    1-I'm hungry all the time. I'm sure it's from the huge increase in exercise with insanity, but I still don't like it.
    2-Have to choose new wedding shoes because the others hurt my feet. Posted them on a wedding blog and ebay with no nibbles yet. Hopefully I'll get something because I'd be really nice to have that money to buy new shoes with.
    3-The weather has been gross. It makes work even more boring. I wish FI had a stable/permanent job he loved instead of his "make do" job right now. That way I could really figure out what I want to do long term, which will probably include going back to school.
  • edited April 2012
    Highs
    - my garter arrived in the mail and I think it is so cute!
    - Had an interview yesterday and they said I was one of 6 people shortlisted out of a 250 applications
    - Finished one class (final exam!) on Monday - two more to go and then I am done until I'm a MRS!

Lows
    - Saw our visa statement....ouch!!!
    - Really crap weather all week....it's been making me depressed
    - My allergies (hayfever) are driving me CRAZY

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards