Maine

Portland area place to have an engagement shoot?

So, a close friend of mine would like to take some pictures of us as she's just getting into photography and we are meeting in the Portland area because it's equidistant for both of us. BUT because neither of us are from that area we have no idea where to go... Any recs? Ideally, we'd like some place unique. She has kinda a fashion-feel to her pictures. Once, she did some pictures of a girl around some broken down train cars that came out awesome. So, something maybe like that?
Also, I would like to go to a beach for part of it. Are there any good ones nearby?

Re: Portland area place to have an engagement shoot?

• lclemencelclemence member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anywhere in the Old Port should work! The cobblestone streets are just beautiful. I would say just meet somewhere on Exchange or Commercial street and wander around to see what inspires you! Also, the Eastern Promenade is  really pretty if you want water in the background. If you feel like taking the ferry over to Peaks Island, that would offer some great shots as well.
  • jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    edited December 2011
    we did ours at smcc. they have the beach, lighthouse, rocks, fields, and old forts. i loved the way our pictures turned out.
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fort Williams in Cape Elizabeth (a few miles from Portland).  Beach, old stone mansion, old forts, lighthouse, old amphitheater...lots of options!

I got married there - here are my pictures so you can see what's available:
    http://photobucket.com/feeneywedding

The pictures posted in reverse order, so I suggest just selecting "view all" and scrolling down!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    hcorrigan34:
    I love the look of Fort Williams Park! Do you know if there is a charge to get into the park?
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope - 100% free!  It's really close to Portland too.  I live in Portland and can see the lighthouse there from my bedroom window.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Fort Williams. FI and I had our engagement photos done there and they came out beautifully. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    edited December 2011
    Very good suggestions.  Another place I love is the Top of the East.  It's the glass bar at the top of the Eastland Hotel.  Last time we were there they had leather chairs, couches, etc.,  Great ambience and gorgeous view of the Portland skyline.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards