Snarky Brides

Good morning

Good morning!  I keep thinking today is Friday, then getting sad when I remember it's only Thursday.

I STILL have to get a gift for the baby shower I'm helping throw on Sunday.  And I just realized last night as I was falling asleep that maybe getting the food trays on Saturday afternoon wasn't as good idea as I thought, since my dad's fridge isn't designed like mine and they may not fit inside. 

Nebbula, today will be fine. 

And can we talk about this?  I need a popsicle.

Re: Good morning

• Morning! I overslept so I need to get my butt in gear. I keep hoping today is Friday too but no such luck. 

Pirate - it's going to be hot as hell here too. I wanted to go horseback riding this weekend but that's not an option now. Instead we'll go to at least 1 movie to stay cool and probably spend the rest of the time in the bedroom (where the ac is) watching more movies. 

Healthy puppy vibes to Vin. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The sun is finally shining today. We spent last night mopping the rest of the water out of the garage and inspecting the damage. The river is about 1 foot below the bulkhead and the culvert in the yard is filled with debris, but at least the yard isn't flooded anymore.

Today I'm stuck writing Facebook sites. So boring. But, they have taught me some nifty things to do with my own FB business site, so that's good.

Nebb, best wishes for Vin today. He will be fine, no worries!

KD:
  • Good morning!  

Happy birthday, KD!!

Today I'm trying to figure out how the F to convert aac files wav files without the software I know will work.... any ideas? So far none of the free programs will do it.  Gah.

H has a friend coming into town on Friday.  I'm kind of annoyed about it because he waited to ask about staying with us until yesterday, when he apparently has known for a while he would need to this weekend. So, now I have get the guest room ready and it kind of ruins our Friday night plans.  Blah whatever.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yep, celtic.  We were going to take Emma to the lake, but that's a no-go.  Not sure what the plan is now.
  • Good morning,
    Pirate, it's supposed to be balls ass hot here today, too. Bleh.
    Good vibes to little Vin!
    Happy B-day to KD!

I'm going to be swamped at work today, so if I'm not around, ya'll have a good one and stay cool. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy birthday KD!
    Happy puppy vibes to Vin, Nebb!
    Yeah this heat is not amusing.  Although I looked at the forecast for Cancun next week and it's showing rain. I'd rather have heat than rain on our HM.  Hopefully the rain is veerry scattered.

We went on our huge shopping spree last night but only got to half the stores we wanted to.  We started with Target because that 10% off card only works for a day and we need our luggage before this weekend.  They had both of H's pieces (a big one and a carryon), but only had one of mine.  There's another Target about 10 miles across town and they had one in stock, so we went over to get it.  Turns out it was blue instead of the red I had registered for.  So I returned the other red one I got and got the big blue one. So now my seti s blue! It's pretty though.

My aunt and cousin are coming into town today to can beets and visit grandpa, so I will be going over to grandpa's after work to visit a bit (which also means we get our wedding video footage because they are the ones that filmed it for us! yay!).  Grandpa was so cute, we went to visit on Monday night and show him a couple wedding pics that we had and he got all teary and wished us a lifetime of happiness.  I told him if we were even half as happy/blessed as he and grandma, we'd consider ourselves lucky.  He then bet us that we couldn't ever beat them lol. 
  • Shay, doesn't itunes convert to/from aac?
  • Happy birthday KD! I'll send up a birthday cheer as I pass by your area tonight. :)

It's balls ass hot here too. All of our elderly neighbors have air conditioning, so that makes me feel a little better. I'm just hoping the power doesn't go out. We have to head out for H's cousin's wedding tonight, so I won't be around much this weekend.
  • Good morning! I am so sick and tired of FI and his multi alarms everyday from 430am505am. Set it for 5 for chrissake! He gets all upset when I tell him that and claims how ideally he should be up at 430. Well cool bro, but you haven't done it in a month. Also, he mentioned that when I was gone this past weekend he slept through his alarm going off for 40 min. I just can't take it anymore since everyday I'm now wide awake at 430. I'm thinking that tomorrow when the alarm goes off instead of cursing at him I'll get all sing songy and throw the covers off and open all of the curtains lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-258?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2529ac9c-8693-49cd-81e6-4dfae7bf2b83Post:785b8245-8dd7-404e-bc66-197cdcc4dd21">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shay, doesn't itunes convert to/from aac?
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>In theory...  But apparently not for me. </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Happy birthday KD! And on an unrelated note, do anyone's cuticles seem to grow back like crazy? I feel like I'm always using that little thing to clip them. Maybe that's how they are though... I've only recently started caring about my nails. Sad but true.
  • lbarr, I am your FI. I set my alarm early and it goes off every 5 minutes until I get up. It drives ME crazy, but it helps me wake up. H doesn't mind though because he says, every night, that he will get up with me. Yeah, that's happened maybe twice in the last 6 years.

Also, this is how spoiled our cat is. The past 2 nights, Whisky has decided that H's side of the bed is the best place to sleep, so he stretches out and kicks H in the chest or shoulder, and complains when H bumps into him. So instead of moving him, H just went to the couch (at like 3am both mornings). Even I'm not that nice. I put his butt on the floor or end of the bed. H is a pushover when it comes to the cat. It's kind of sweet.
  • Happy birthday KD!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:Good morning:[QUOTE]lbarr, I am your FI. I set my alarm early and it goes off every 5 minutes until I get up. It drives ME crazy, but it helps me wake up. H doesn't mind though because he says, every night, that he will get up with me. Yeah, that's happened maybe twice in the last 6 years. Also, this is how spoiled our cat is. The past 2 nights, Whisky has decided that H's side of the bed is the best place to sleep, so he stretches out and kicks H in the chest or shoulder, and complains when H bumps into him. So instead of moving him, H just went to the couch at like 3am both mornings. Even I'm not that nice. I put his butt on the floor or end of the bed. H is a pushover when it comes to the cat. It's kind of sweet. Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

DB totally takes over the bed but its usually my own fault for her doing so. She loves to bury herself under the covers like most doxies so that can be pretty obnoxious. One night FI rolled on her and she was frantically trying to get out from under him. She was fine and looking back it was kind of funny. Edie, that's good news!
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I used to hit the snooze repeatedly but it drove FH nuts. Now with him working nights and coming to bed at 5 i don't set it at all. I sleep like crap now between him being gone, him coming in and waking me at 5, and then worrying about missing my alarm. Luckily tonight is his last night shift.
  • Duds, are pedicures relaxing? I secretly want one but I hate feet and I think I'd be really stressed having someone looking at my feet. They aren't fugly, but I'm a runner and there's some wear, lol. I'm also paranoid that they will be saying awful things about me in Korean that was horribly stereotypical, I know.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-258?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2529ac9c-8693-49cd-81e6-4dfae7bf2b83Post:e7ad8925-23b2-4be5-ab67-a00a2d6f264a">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! I am so sick and tired of FI and his multi alarms everyday from 430am505am. Set it for 5 for chrissake! He gets all upset when I tell him that and claims how ideally he should be up at 430. Well cool bro, but you haven't done it in a month. Also, he mentioned that when I was gone this past weekend he slept through his alarm going off for 40 min. I just can't take it anymore since everyday I'm now wide awake at 430. I'm thinking that tomorrow when the alarm goes off instead of cursing at him I'll get all sing songy and throw the covers off and open all of the curtains lol.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Yes this is a pleasant surprise I got on Monday morning. I never knew he did that, but my H does this too. I yelled at him. Apparently he needs it to wake up though. It's silly because you get more quality sleep if you don't do the snooze button thing, so you're less tired if you just set your alarm and just getu p.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    You guys are gonna make me cry, I'm an absolute mess. I almost totally lost it when I dropped him off and then fought back tears the whole drive to work. I don't know how I'm going to manage working today. I'm so anxious I feel like I'm gonna vomit. Also, HBD KD!
  • Awe, hugs Nebb. I am sure he will be fine but I know it can be scary.
  • Happy birthday, KD!

Good luck today, Nebb.

Man i want to sleep in one of these days. Sunday it is, I hope.

Yep, balls ass hot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You guys, I'm having to seriously get over worrying what people think about me in my job. i.e. when I tell an instructor we cannot do something for XYZ reason and he blows up at me and tells me he doesn't like me, I'm having to learn not to let it bother me.  It's freaking hard.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nebb, it's okay to worry and be anxious. You should have seen me the day of Whisky's biopsy. Just know that he's in great hands and that he'll be expecting lots of tasty treats tonight.

I don't think I could ever get a manicure or pedicure. A manicure I'd ruin in half a day and a pedicure, well I don't think people want to touch my feet.
  • He actually said he doesn't like you, shay? How professional. What a douche.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-258?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2529ac9c-8693-49cd-81e6-4dfae7bf2b83Post:cadefe2a-7efb-4359-8247-d4093bb2cfe2">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hugs, Nebb.  I'm sure he'll be fine. lbarr, I think pedicures are relaxing!   The place I go has massaging chairs so I just zone out and read a magazine.  I don't get professional ones very often, so I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I got a pedicure on Friday before the wedding and it was ah-mazing. I love pedicures.
  • uh, I undestand Shay. That was/is one of the hardest things for me too. I have a legitimate reason for why I can't do something, but I still feel bad. oh well. Other things to worry about ;) I can ask our design student if they have any ideas on the conversion- I know she had to putz with a bunch of stuff when she was trying to figure out audio for a few of our video tours.

I'm hoping today will be a good day. I got to work and have NO voicemails and NO new emails since last night (I worked until like 8 at home.)  I've been absolutely swamped lately, and I need a breather. Seriously.

Nebb- try not to worry too much!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-258?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2529ac9c-8693-49cd-81e6-4dfae7bf2b83Post:fc3ca908-a1d3-4192-94c5-b95f5ec24708">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Duds, are pedicures relaxing? I secretly want one but I hate feet and I think I'd be really stressed having someone looking at my feet. They aren't fugly, but I'm a runner and there's some wear, lol. I'm also paranoid that they will be saying awful things about me in Korean that was horribly stereotypical, I know.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>I know you were taking to Duds, but I just wanted to chime in that I get peds not for the pleasure of them (they sort of tickle really) but because my heels are so icky they need something beyond my home pedicure skills. That, and they can put industrial strength gel polish on them that virtually never chips - lasts a month. So far as (actually, usually Vietnamese here in Minneapolis) women talking about your feet in a their language, no worries. They see everything. Even feet like mine! </div><div>
    </div><div>I must say though that these immigrant women working their tails off all day doing puts feet and hands gives me odd thoughts some times. I can hear one of them saying to their kids "I did that all day so you would not have to!"</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-258?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2529ac9c-8693-49cd-81e6-4dfae7bf2b83Post:e3fafc1d-dcf6-46ab-96e7-4887cda5fdb2">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are gonna make me cry, I'm an absolute mess. I almost totally lost it when I dropped him off and then fought back tears the whole drive to work. I don't know how I'm going to manage working today. I'm so anxious I feel like I'm gonna vomit. Also, HBD KD!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Aw Nebb, he'll be fine I promise! {{hugs}} I know it's hard pets are our babies. Keep us updated please.

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies! My H has called me everyday to wish me a HBD, he said this way he was sure to get it right. He's goofy!

The office gave me a card and is buying me lunch today. One more day and H will be home, not that I'm counting or anything. I was having terrible dreams last night, 2 men were trying to kill me and one broke in and I snuck up behind him and stabbed in the back several times with a screwdriver. Graphic, so glad the dog woke me up.

Sesh- that is so sweet and actually I do the same with Tobie, I'll be uncomfortable for him.
    Mara- headed to NY?
  • Yes, he actually said he didn't like me.  Because I wouldn't break the law (copyright issues). Seriously, dude? 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-258?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2529ac9c-8693-49cd-81e6-4dfae7bf2b83Post:8b89e0d2-e239-412f-9a7f-f38df5d38cac">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, he actually said he didn't like me.  Because I wouldn't break the law (copyright issues). Seriously, dude? 
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Sounds like quite the upstanding guy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-258?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2529ac9c-8693-49cd-81e6-4dfae7bf2b83Post:dbf06adb-d45b-4627-a451-db301814a78f">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys, I'm having to seriously get over worrying what people think about me in my job. i.e. when I tell an instructor we cannot do something for XYZ reason and he blows up at me and tells me he doesn't like me, I'm having to learn not to let it bother me.  It's freaking hard.  
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]
    Eh, fuuck those people. I understand this- when I first started I had instructors that got pissed at me for stuff like that and at first I was taken aback and it bothered me, but after a while, my civil response was "Unfortunately it is a university policy. If you have concerns or would like to have a conversation regarding the policy, please contact my supervisor." Diplomatic and steered them toward someone with more power.

You'll always have instructors that don't like you for whatever reason. Just be courteous and professional with them even if they piss you off. But you'll also have instructors who adore you and they make the job worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards